Bellazon

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Thumbnail

Chic_Raul_ista

• 3 weeks later...

Van Der Vaart Announces Madrid Move

Rafael Van der Vaart has announced that he will move to Real Madrid this week after Hamburg agreed a deal with the Spanish giants and he will be presented at the Bernabéu on Tuesday.

The Dutch international broke the news on his official website and stated that he was delighted that talks had finally been completed after weeks of speculation.

Madrid held talks with Hamburg officials in London as both clubs were in the English capital for the Emirates Cup at Arsenal's stadium and struck an accord.

"Last night (Sunday) everything came together, and I am now moving to Real Madrid," Van der Vaart said.

"As everybody might know I have always wanted to move to Spain, because I have a strong bond with that country. Now I'm going to play for Real Madrid… it's a dream comes true!

"Looking back at the last couple of years, I'm extremely happy that I've had the chance to experience playing for HSV. No club, and no set of fans will treat you with more hospitality than they do! Thanks very much for that - Sylvie and I will never forget you!

"Tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday) I will be presented at Real Madrid. This will be the start of a new chapter in my life! I will do everything to help the team and the club to win trophies!"

Van der Vaart's arrival at Madrid has almost coincided with the news that his compatriot Wesley Sneijder will be out of action for several months after a horro tackle from Abou Diaby in the game against the Gunners.

Lucas Brown

26046935rg8.jpg

Expect to see Sylvie everywhere in Spain for the next few months and probably throughout the year. When a footballer considered a superstar for Real Madrid has a gf/wife who is a model the spanish fashion & media tends to turn them into superstars too. It happened to Mamen, Helen, Eva, Arancha, Ronaldo's countless conquests Raica, Daniella etc, etc. She will be everyt=where if she let's herself into the media spotlight in Spain. Magazines especially HOLA, Fashion shows, TV shows, fashion campaigns you name it Sylvie will be offered all that, if they take a liking to her.