Bellazon

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Thumbnail

Chic_Raul_ista

• 2 weeks later...

Van der Vaart: Win at all costsReal Madrid's Rafael van der Vaart has declared his team will pull out all stops to wrest the La Liga title from Barcelona.

Speaking to AS, the midfielder said: "We have the league title in sight and want to win it no matter what it takes."

He, however, cautioned against placing too much emphasis on Real's April 11 clash with Barcelona.

"The title doesn't just hinge on the Barça game," he said.

"We have to win the other ten that are left as well. The Clasico will be just as important as last weekend's game against Sporting. The derby against Atletico is also going to be tough."

Van der Vaart, who scored in Real's 3-1 weekend victory against Sporting Gijon also revealed his delight at playing a key role in the the team.

"I love hearing that people want me to continue playing here. I want to stay on and help this team win titles. I returned home on Saturday with the noise of all the applause still ringing in my ears."

"I can play well when I play frequently. I am playing often now, but I know I can improve," he concluded.