Rafael Van Der Vaart
Thumbnail

Chic_Raul_ista

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

And ending with Sylvie…

In this article with The Mirror, Sylvie talks about her fight with cancer. I love the parts where she talks about Rafa’s support, so here are those parts (but the entire article is worth a read, if you have time). He’s the ideal husband, no?

On waking up after surgery to remove the lump in her breast: My husband took my hand and simply said, “It wasn’t good.” Then the surgeon said, “I’m so happy you were so persistent. It’s cancer.” I felt a gnawing fear. ­Rafael told me, “It will all be good. We will fight this. We will survive this.”

On Rafa’s reaction to her loss of hair: He took me in his arms. I asked him, “Will you find me attractive when I lose my hair?” He said, “For me you are always the most beautiful woman in the world.”

On Rafa’s reaction when he saw her bald for the first time: I asked Rafael if he ­wanted to see me ­without hair. He said, “Of course, I love you for who you are.” As she stood, bald, before him he told her: “You’re beautiful.”

On Damian’s reaction when her hair started growing back: It became very ­emotional for me when Damian stood before me and he gently stroked my head and asked me, “Beautiful hair Mummy, are you happy now?” I told him, “Mummy is so happy with short hair.”

On her new short hair: I was at home ­without a wig and my husband told me, “You know what, ­Sylvie, I just love your short hair. I think you look way more beautiful than with your wig on. You should put wax in it.” So he took his wax out of his wash bag, stood behind me in front of the mirror and did my hair. That was one of the most romantic things he has ever done for me. I looked at myself and I thought, “You’re right.”

Here’s fabulous Sylvie and her fabulous hair earlier this month. I love the way it’s styled on the left!