Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

People.com

10/17/13

Camila McConaughey: Motherhood Has Made My Personal Style More Fun

As a model and designer, Camila Alves McConaughey has never really had any style issues. But becoming a mother has really opened her eyes — and her wardrobe — to a more playful outlook.

“It’s evolving,” she told PEOPLE of her personal look at the Sunday premiere of Free Birds in Los Angeles. “I would never normally mix this many colors together. At this point, I’m just trying to have more fun with my fashion.”

Luckily, the mom-of-three has had lots of help making her transformation, benefitting greatly from her in-house team of mini stylists including Levi, 5, Vida, 3½, and Livingston, 9 months.

“The kids have a lot to say on that,” she says. “They actually chose this outfit.”

But the stunning 30-year-old confessed her most outspoken fashion advisor is her budding trendsetter Vida.

“She’s the one that tells me when I can’t get it right,” McConaughey added with quick laugh.

Zimbio

Model Camila Alves attends Focus Features' 'Dallas Buyers Club' premiere at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on October 17, 2013 in Beverly Hills, California.

Per www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com, "Camila looked divine wearing a Paule Ka ladylike white cape dress with decorative bows on the neckline and waist, which she styled with beige Casadei ‘Blade’ pumps with a gold trim and Martin Katz jewelry."

article-2465643-18CF8C3500000578-960_63410383667264_f3b85247ae_h_zpsfb6be3da.jpg

CamilaAlvesDallasBuyersClubPremiereszy85CamilaAlvesDallasBuyersClubPremieresru8T

CamilaAlvesDallasBuyersClubPremieresZSRxPaule-Ka-satin-dress_zpsce68d1d7.png

That dress was not flattering at all. It looks like she has a pouch and in some pictures she is trying to hard to stick her butt out and it looks like she is going to the bathroom. I love her hair when its wavy and less straight. Thanks for the pictures!!!! You guys are doing a great job. 

redcarpet fashion awards (quotes)

monsters & critics (pictures)

"...Camila, who looked stunning wearing a Max Mara black-and-white gown with a keyhole detail from the Resort 2014 collection...Camila’s styling is far superior, with a black Christian Louboutin clutch and white Casadei ‘Blade’ pumps accessorizing the look."

post-42244-0-1446013052-48867_thumb.jpgpost-42244-0-1446013052-49537_thumb.jpg

dlong79_zpsadfdaa40.jpg

Latina.com, 10/28/13

post-42244-0-1446013055-32824_thumb.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Camila Alves Talks Fashion Trends, Holidays & Family

Camila Alves McConaughey is a busy mujer: Wife to husband Matthew McConaughey, mom to three, model, handbag designer and brand ambassador are just some of the main bullet points on her resume. Sitting in a corner at the INC International Concepts clothing line showroom in New York City, we caught up with the model-turned-businesswoman to get the scoop on her favorite current fashion trends, her holiday plans and the best gift she’s ever gotten.

Why did you decide to get involved with the INC International Concepts line?

When we first started the partnership, it was important for me to do something that involved “all of us.” Being a woman today is hard enough not to feel good about yourself. The brand does plus size all the way down to petite, and everybody can find something; no matter what your fashion style is, no matter what your size is, you can find something that you love. To me, that’s beautiful and that’s a great thing. So I think that it was a good fit. I said, ‘let’s do this.’

What’s the biggest trend you’re excited to wear or that you are loving?

Right now, it’s all about the sweater for me. It’s starting to get cold. And we’re seeing a lot of metallic details, we’re seeing a lot of different ways of doing the knitting, it’s all about how do you dress it up and make the sweater a little bit more interesting. Also, we have a lot of moto jackets, those are great pieces because they are simple and easy but add a lot of interest.

What is your go-to piece that you throw on when you want to look great?

The boyfriend jeans are my favorite things right now. It hugs in the right places, but it doesn’t give, it’s not so stretchy. I love to wear them with a great sweater or a great suit jacket. I’ve been pairing them with sneakers with no socks or high heels. You can dress them up or dress them down.

This line is giving us a glimpse into the holidays. Can you tell us what your favorite gift you ever received was?

My husband, Matthew, he made something for me. And it was very special, and I think that’s my favorite thing.

On the flip side, what’s the best gift you’ve ever given?

Well, it’s kind of a different take. This year I turned 30, and every year people would ask me, ‘oh what should I get you for your birthday?’ and I’m always like, ‘I’m not going to tell you what to get for my birthday!’ But this year I was like, you know what,every year you guys ask me and this year I’m going to tell you. I’m taking a different approach.

And I did this thing, and I kind of jokingly called it the “My Dollar Campaign,” and I put up this website, and I said okay what I want you guys to do is whatever money you were going to spend in a gift, go over there and donate. And it’s to help our foundation [J.K. Livin Foundation, a foundation founded by Camila and Matthew to help empower high school students] and Haiti relief. It’s going to split in the middle for those two. Just donate, that’s all I want. I actually kept the website up, so it’s still there! You can still donate.

[Find the website at http://www.active.com/donate/jklivin2012/camilaalves]

We know it’s early, but how are you planning on spending the holidays?

In Brazil, we celebrate Christmas at midnight on the 24th. Here, they celebrate the 25th during the day. So I can’t just do the 25th, I have to do something the 24th at midnight, and it’s funny because the whole American side of the family is like, ‘Really, midnight? You want to have us do a dinner at midnight?’ And I’m like, ‘Yes, that’s how I grew up celebrating!’ So we’re keeping that so we do something on the 24th at midnight and we’ll do something on the 25th. They don’t get to open gifts until the 25th, so I kept that as the American tradition, but we’ll definitely do a Latin version of the midnight Christmas.

And if we’re in Texas, we’ll definitely be doing something on the 24th. Because my sister in-law is from Mexico, and her whole family is from Mexico, and they do a big thing at midnight, Mexican-style. So If I’m in Texas, that’s what we’ll do. So it’s going to be a big family get-together.

People.com 10/29/13

Camila McConaughey: Matthew Is a Great Barber

Talk about hands-on parenting! In the McConaughey home, Matthew is responsible for keeping the kids well groomed.
“[He's] a great haircutter,” Camila McConaughey tells PEOPLE at the I.N.C. for Macy’s presentation of the Winter 2013 collection on Thursday. “He cuts really well … kids hair that is.”
Between son Levi, 5, daughter Vida, 3½, and youngest son Livingston, 10 months, the Dallas Buyers Club star, 43, — who wed Camila, 30, last year at their Austin, Texas property — has plenty of little ones to practice on.
“He’s actually the only one that cuts their hair,” she adds.
But when it comes to her own long, enviable locks, the model isn’t ready to give her husband free rein.
“He’d probably do a great job with it, but I’m not taking that chance,” she laughs, “But with the kids, he’s great.”
They may not share scissors, but Alves McConaughey says she and Matthew (who are both known for their curly manes) do bond over beauty routines. “We change up our hair products a lot. It’s good for you hair. Sometimes we share, sometimes we don’t. At home I use a little Moroccan oil.”
So what about the family’s style? The brand ambassador for Macy’s International Concepts says her go-to garb is the line’s boyfriend jeans. “They hug the right places. You want to make sure the butt looks good. Being from Brazil, that’s important.”
Alves McConaughey also adds that her eldest son Levi, is starting to get interested in fashion. “He dresses himself now. It’s pretty sweet actually.”