Bellazon

Wesley Sneijder
Thumbnail

Chic_Raul_ista

Sneijder Wants Title Drama To Finish

Wesley Sneijder hopes that Real Madrid can win the league as soon a possible and has no desire to hold out in order to clinch the championship against Barcelona next week.

Los Merengues could be retain the title without playing on Sunday if Villarreal fail to beat Getafe, but the majority of media and fans want to wait until the Blaugrana visit the three days later.

Madrid meet Osasuna on Sunday in the Reyno de Navarra and Sneijder would be just as happy making the trophy mathematically safe before or after that match.

"If we can win the league then I would prefer to do it as soon as possible. Osasuna will be a very difficult game," he said, before wondering what that could mean for the celebrations at La Cibeles. "We will return late on Sunday. I do not know if we will go that night or on another day."

With the league title virtually wrapped up in his first season at the Bernabéu, Sneijder has now set his sights on conquering Europe next year. "It is pefected me. A dream come true," he continued. "Next season we can win the Champions League. This year we were unlucky against Roma."

Sneijder has been surprised by how together the Madrid squad is and expressed his admiration for the professional approach of the club captain. "I found every to be very united. I do not know what it was like in previous years, but it is great now," he explained. "Raúl stands out. He is an example to everyone and is the most consistent player in the team. He is someone who you identify the club with."

Finally, the Dutchman revealed that he would be happy to remain in Madrid for the rest of his career, but if that is not possible then he will return home. "I am very comfortable in the city and with the fans and what is happening to the team. We are like a family and I think that will last for a long time," he stated. "If I cannot stay with Madrid for the rest of me career, then I will go back to Ajax."

1- OSASUNA: Ricardo; Javier Flano (Pandiani, 62’), Cruchaga, Miguel Flano, Monreal; Azpilicueta, Punal, Astudillo, Vela; Portillo (Sola, 62’).

2- REAL MADRID: Casillas; Ramos, Cannavaro, Pepe, Heinze; Raul (Higuain, 64’), Diarra, gago, Robben; Sneijder (Baptista, 84’); Saviola (Torres, 52’).

GOALS:

1-0, m.83: Punal.

1-1, m.87: Robben.

1-2, m.89: Higuaín.

REFEREE: Luis Medina Cantalejo. Booked Azpilicueta (14’), Heinze (37’), Cruchaga (37’), Sneijder (51’), Diarra (53’), Miguel Flaño (54’), Torres (66’), Punal (74’), and sent off Cannavaro (11’ & 46’).

Sneijder Stops Madrid Signing His Brother

Wesley Sneijder has revealed that he has stopped Real Madrid from trying to prise his younger brother away from Ajax and said that he was not a fan of clubs signing youth team players.

The 23-year-old Dutch international moved quickly after discovering that scouts for his current club had sent back very favourable reports about his sibling, Rodney.

Before Madrid could make an official approach, Wesley asked them to stop and told his brother that he shoujld stay where he is and first break into the Ajax side.

"Real Madrid wanted him and Rodney was very happy about that. But when I heard, I stopped the discussions. I am not in favour of juniors increasingly going to top clubs," Sneijder senior explained.

"I've told him that he first must make a break through at Ajax."

Journalists in Holland have given Rodney the odd nickname of the Patient Pitbull and great things are expected of him, but for Wesley that will first come in Amsterdam with Ajax and not in Madrid.