Bellazon

David Gandy
Thumbnail

Wild Rose

David's Blog @ Vogue.co.uk | New York To London

A busy week in New York City this week - and what a great city this is. I've spent a lot of time here in the last nine years, travelling from London, and the longest time I've spent here is two months. When I'm here and remember how much I like it I sometimes wonder, Is it maybe time for a change and to move here but currently they're just thoughts. I'm here shooting the Dolce & Gabbana 2011 campaign with Sam Webb, Noah Mills and Adam Senn with Steven Klein - always a challenge and honour to be part of.

New York for me also is a great place for men's shopping. The vintage stores like Tokyo Joe seemed to be stocked with Dunhill suits, Mulberry bags, Ralph Lauren and so many amazing aviator style jackets, all at remarkable low prices. Stores like J Crew, Club Monaco and Barneys offer a great diverse selection too and Century 21 became my favourite place after I saved $4000 on a beautiful three-piece Tom Ford suit!

I was at the airport finishing this blog, and I have to say I was very sad to be leaving or maybe the Victoria's Secret after show party on my last night that may have given me a biased view! I'd like to thank the wonderful Sophia Neophitou for taking me along and also for a great karaoke evening on the first night that I was in NYC. Sophia is one of the most influential and respected creative forces in fashion and just a little bit fabulous.

The other news this week and probably the worst kept secret of all time is that my film debut has been released. Instead of boring you all here about it, I've answered some questions and talked about it here* where you can see the short film too. Everyone has been very kind about it and about my performance so far and Sophia Loren (the director's mum) also called to congratulate me. To say that I was overwhelmed is an understatement but after my initial shyness, she couldn't get rid of me. The screening is on today at the Electric Cinema in Notting Hill. I'm very nervous as I rather hate watching myself on screen!

I hope everyone enjoys it. It's only 12 minutes long, but I would love to know everyone's thoughts. Fingers crossed...

* http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/daily/101108-d...ristensen-.aspx

pic: Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou and David.

post-44326-1289845441_thumb.jpg

David Gandy Keen To Be Model Of The Year

David Gandy is keeping his ''fingers crossed'' he will beat Lara Stone and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley to be named Model of the Year at the British Fashion Awards 2010.

The 30-year-old catwalk star is up against Lara Stone and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley for the prestigious accolade at the annual ceremony and admits he would love to win it.

Speaking at the premiere of short film 'Away We Stay', which was commissioned by W London Hotel, he told BANG Showbiz: "I'm up for model of the year in December - I've got my fingers crossed for that. I'm up against the girls for it - Rosie and Lara - so it would be great to win it."

The British Fashion Awards take place at the Savoy Theatre in London on Tuesday December 7 and will recognise the most influential people in the fashion world today as well celebrating the UK's contribution to the industry.

David - who stars opposite Helena Christensen in the 12-minute short film - has also revealed he has got a new top secret fashion project coming up as well as several Dolce and Gabbana campaigns.

He said: "I've got the new Light Blue advert coming out. It's for the Number 2 fragrance and the new video is coming out December 1. I've also got some Dolce campaigns coming out, and then there's another project which I can't really talk about. After that there are a couple of other projects with Dolce and Gabbana coming up for next May in time for the show season which should be interesting."

'Away We Stay' was shot on location in London's Leicester Square and was written and directed by Edoardo Ponti. In the film, David and Helena play fleeting lovers who have to decide whether they want to make a new life together.

source: contactmusic.com

post-44326-1290077992_thumb.jpg

post-44326-1290078007_thumb.jpg

David's Blog @ Vogue.co.uk | Behind Every Great Man

The saying goes that "behind every great man there is a great woman" or, as I prefer, "behind every great man there is a great women rolling her eyes".

At Select Model Agency there are 200+ great men and the driving force behind them is a rather wonderful lady called Tandy Anderson. Tandy is the founder and co-owner of Select and this week she has been deservedly voted in the Top Ten most influential black people in the UK on the annual Power List, which is quite something.

To be honest, I'm not sure this even does her justice - she could easily give Oprah and Barack Obama a run for their money!

Her drive, commitment, belief - and sometimes audacity - can be demonstrated no more clearly than her dedication to me and my career. I've often explained how when I came into modelling, for the first few years I was rejected by the majority of the fashion industry. There were many doubters, including myself at some points, to what I could achieve. However, Tandy never ever gave up and through blood, sweat, arguments and sometimes tears, I've got to where I have. If I was lucky enough to win Model Of The Year at the British Fashion Awards in December..... I certainly know who I would dedicate it to.

To any aspiring models out there. In my eyes there is only one worthy model agency to be represented by. Select's list of hugely successful male models is unprecedented and certainly worth a look (www.selectmodel.com).

Congratulations Tandy and thanks for all your support.

Monday night was the W Hotel's screening of Away We Stay at the Electric Cinema in Notting Hill. Although I still can't get used to watching myself, especially on the big cinema screen (much of the film I watched through my hands, horror film style), it turned out to be a rather wonderful evening, especially as I got to catch up with the wonderful cast and crew and celebrated hard afterwards until 6am. I certainly wish the hangover had "stayed away" on Tuesday morning. Thank-you for everyone's kind comments so far about the film, of course it is impossible to please everyone, but the majority of remarks and thoughts have been very positive and I appreciate the support.

The weekend was made all the more fun this week thanks to Audi. They loaned me their new "mini" rival the Audi A1. I luckily get to test and drive cars now for GQ.COM but the Audi, I thought, deserves a mention on here just for the fact that 1. This is clearly the future of motoring. Compact, light, with a small turbo charged engine; meaning amazing economy but with no lack of speed or power and 2. I didn't have to compromise anything you think you may have to in a small car starting at £13k. My 6.3 frame fitted comfortably, the car exudes style in its design and interior, with frankly more technology than it took to launch a rocket to the moon, add speed and fun into the equation and congratulations Audi, you have quite a special little car.

post-44326-1290220250_thumb.jpg

post-44326-1290220259_thumb.jpg

Behind The Scenes | PLAZA Cover Shoot

"So working with David was an experience. I jumped at the chance when photographer Kate Davis approached me to collaborate with her to work with David . After seeing him on Dolce & Gabbana advert he was different to what I had expected. Charming down to earth and non diva at all he apologised for not washing his hair on the day of the shoot as he had a long journey. This actually worked in my favour as usually mens hair can be quite tricky to work with. We wanted to get away from his advertising look of being all groomed and slick hair to a more real and natural kooky look which is what he has. I had so much fun especially when he wore the all in one jump suit, looked like a babygrow and somehow can't imagine it taking off in menswear in their everyday wardrobe!

To create the look I used a MAC mattifying silicone primer all over which keeps his skin matt and it also showed off his freckles. And concealer to cover under eye and even out the tiredness. He's eyebrows has a natural scar where the hair doesn't grow so the best things was to add a bit of dark eyeshadow to even it out without looking too heavy. With men it can be difficult to decide to keep stubble and facial hair or shave it off as it gives them completely different looks. Clean shaven can look very pretty and young on a guy so on this occasion we wanted him to look manly as possible."

source: http://davidgandy-info.blogspot.com & http://lanmakeupartist.blogspot.com

post-44326-1290967508_thumb.jpg

post-44326-1290967525_thumb.jpg

post-44326-1290967535_thumb.jpg

post-44326-1290967546_thumb.jpg

David @ Clive Owen's private screening

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - NOVEMBER 29: Nancy Dell'Olio, David Gandy and Ella Krasner attend Clive Owen's special in-house screening of 'Sweet Smell of Success' with Ella Krasner & Katrina Pavlos presented by TOD's at The Electric Cinema on November 29, 2010 in London, England. (Photo by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)

post-44326-1291139928_thumb.jpg

post-44326-1291139939_thumb.jpg

post-44326-1291139969_thumb.jpg

post-44326-1291139985_thumb.jpg

post-44326-1291139996_thumb.jpg