Bellazon

ultimate security for your PC

Guest quasicartes

Does Norton have their anti-spyware programs?

Nortons does with it's Anti Virus, but I never use it, the only thing I really use Nortons for is cleaning up the puter and keeping virus` off the puter.

Guest quasicartes
I have:

No anti-spyware

No anti-virus

My OS firewall

Am I crazy? No, I've got a MacĀ  :cool:

There is anti-virus program available for Mac. It's written by Norton or McAfee. But, I can't find anti-spywares program for Mac. Go to download.com and check out all the anti-spywares, all for Windows only.

http://img236.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img236&ima...=cap0016lc.png/

^Gotta love this guy, he's a genius.

Don't worry, I don't need any of these. There's NO viruses on Mac OS X :cool: and almost no spywares.

In fact I have a free anti virus but I use it only when sending a file to a friend on a Win-PC. I'm sure I have some viruses on my comp, but they don't work on Mac :fun:

I know some peoples who don't have even a firewall and they don't have any problem.

Think different :cool:

I have Microsoft Antispyware, Windows Firewall (Norton), and Antivirus (Norton).

Spyware made my computer run like a frickin' turtle. A couple of months ago, I decided to format my entire hard drive and reinstall all the programs. I think Kazaa, Limewire, Music City and all those other p2p programs installed stuff on there years back but I had not noticed. I've since deleted all those programs because I no longer trust them. Also, using IE was not helping so I decided to switch to Netscape Navigator.

Microsoft's Antispyware program is very useful. Whenever a program tries to change anything in the system registry, a message pops up and asks the user if they want to accept or block the change, which is nice. :)

Guest quasicartes
Whenever a program tries to change anything in the system registry, a message pops up and asks the user if they want to accept or block the change, which is nice. :)

If I am not mistaken, Adaware, the full-version, not the free one, does that too.

Guest quasicartes

Anyone tried Panda Internet Security package yet? It has anti-virus, firewall anti-spyware, anti-dialer (prevent high-cost calling) and anti-spam.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest quasicartes

IMPORTANT:

Reviews of SpyDoctor taken from download.com

Pros: A superior product indeed. I use this, Spware Sweeper (from Webroot), Ad Aware, and Spybot. This program finds things that the others don't (as every spyware scanner finds its own things that others don't).

The good thing about this particular scanner is, not only is it a spyware scanner, it checks for trojans, Hijacked web-pages, malicious web pages, malicious browser helper objects, and it immunizes your computer like Spybot does, but has some different fields.

Do yourself a favor, Add this to your arsenal. There is a free version of this and a pay versioin. Also, get Ad Aware, and Spybot (both free and available here on download) and seriously consider getting Spysweeper from Webroot. These 4 are a tough combination for any spyware or malware to come up against.

I recommend and give it 4.9 stars (out of 5)

Cons: Only 1 con. (Unless you're a cheap-o and think that paying for the full version is a con)... The initial scan time for a full scan takes over an hour. However, it does an extremely thorough scan and looks for things other ad finder programs do not. Worth the wait and the money.

Pros: The simple facts are that these days your chances of being hit with something a tad more malicious than a tracking cookie while web surfing are pretty high. Browser hijackers, keylogers and malware of all kinds .. all bad .. are out there big time and growing. Simple FACT is as good as Spybot and Ad Aware are they more often than not, miss the real nasty malware. So don't kid yourself if you think you're covered just using those 2 apps these days. I don't work for PC Tools or any software developer so im calling this as honest as you will get. I tried this out for 22 days and I found that it did as good a job as Webroot and way better than Spybot and Ad Aware together. Don't listen to the BS from the dumb and dumber cuz most of that is just plain garbage scare off lies. Try it yourself and if you give it a fair go you will probably be glad you did. Personally I will keep this and I totally agree with the other guy who suggested running 3 or 4 spyware apps, I will run this Webroot, Spybot and Ad Aware too and yeah 2 of them cost but its a whole lot better than the hassle the other dopes are suggesting.

Cons: I think it would be more accurate to call this a trial version rather than free. On that point I agree with the whiners. I think its about time developers call it how it is and they might get a bit more support if they did, especially if the product is good enough on its own merits as this one is.