Bellazon

Chantings & other vocals

Guest quasicartes

Guest quasicartes

Does anyone know the title of the Latin chanting on 'Michale Jackson's no.1 greatest hit' video? The song was played out in the very beginning, the inroduction part, where you get to see the fans going wild at him, etc.

Besides chantings, is there any other nice vocals you guys lisien to?

Guest quasicartes

Silly me, just realised the song's title at the end credits.

It's Carl Orff's Carmina Burana, Fortuna Imperatrix Mundi

So, anyone listens to soem chantings? Latin or Gregorian? Or something else?

Guest quasicartes

I listened to Gregorian chants of John Lennon's "Imagine" yesterday. Damn bad.

But, I think there could be some nice Gregorian chants. I saw an album of "Dark Gregorian" at the music store yesterday. I thought that, perhaps, would be nice.

Because the good Latin chantings usually have a real dark sound, quasi-satanic, just like the Carmina Burana. So, IX10N, have you tried listening to that kind of Gregorian yet?

nope, sorry, should have explained myself better, i was referring to the gregorian chant that is marketed heavily and stuff, like the ones where they cover famous songs. That is so extremely cheap, it has no relevance to to what gregorian chant is all about in the religious sense. Plus it's clearly one or two peoples voices copied, pasted and varied slightly to give the effect of a group of people.

I would LOVE to hear what true buddhists think of this, I'm sure they would be sickened.

But yes, I would like to hear some proper gregorian, Mike Patton actually stole a bit of it to use in 'Goodbye Sober Day' on Mr.Bungles California, and some people had the original (where he stole it from) and it sounds absolutely unbelievable.

It was something about "may your scab be rolled up like a scroll" and all this stuff, then they do this crazy "CHUCK CHUCK CHUCK CHAKA CHAKA CHAKA CHUCK CHUCK" thing and it just sounds cool as... actually, you've inspired me to search out some.

Guest quasicartes

gregorian chants was supposed to be church music, but now it is used on famous songs which you and I so hated goddamn much. That rendition of John Lennon's "Imagine" is godawful. But, I am still curious to try the dark Gregorians...

Guest quasicartes

Just went to music storr today.

No such thing as dark gregorian.

I mean I listened, and one of the song form the dark gregorian album was

Evasnescence's "My Immortal". Total crap!

They call Evanescence stuff dark? :o

• 14 years later...

Not exactly chanting but a group of women called Anonymous 4 do a lot of medieval vocal stuff, they really research the material well and there are details galore on their website. I only have their cd "On Yoolis Night" and the stuff is deep. They get harmonies going and use the echo of the places they sing to great effect and it's hard to believe there's only 4 voices acapella. There's one piece where they get it going and the one voice drops down into the lower octaves for the last few notes of the verse and I swear she had the timbre of a horn. The first time I heard them it took a minute to realize it was only voices. These women are no hacks.

Anyway, just a suggestion, ymmv