Bellazon

Paulina Porizkova
Thumbnail

supermodel07

These are two pics from a Rico Puhlmann book I have.  I posted them before but re-scanned them and photoshopped them, so they are the full page (the pages are larger than my scanner, so the ones posted before were not the whole picture)

I just love the color one - probably one of my favorite non-Estee Lauder Paulina pictures

post-18318-0-64323700-1401652675_thumb.j post-18318-0-35103900-1401652754_thumb.j

I got these scans from a friend - I am hoping to have them and scan them myself soon...

Harper's Bazaar Holland - July/August 1988 Cover and contents

post-18318-0-76527000-1401652301.jpg

Wow, you finally got a hold of a copy?  :clap:  It really looks great, I remember you've wanted this cover for ages. As cool as the cover looks I have to say I personally prefer the Italian version of the same cover (which you've also posted earlier). It shows more of Paulina, her hair and her outfit :hehe:

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with you, Jermaine - I also like the Italian cover better but I will prize this one from Holland because it has taken SO long to find it!  :thumbsup: Even before I knew that Italian cover existed, I saw a very tiny pic of this cover and really wanted it - for years, I could not find the cover, nor even a larger pic or scan of it!  When you are a collector, that just makes you want it that much more!

And thank you, monikaizabellabiernacka, for those Swedish magazine pages - even though I can't read it, it is always fun to see pictures of Paulina as a little girl, while she was going through her very difficult early childhood - and to see her parents when they were so young.  I always wonder about her brother, Jachym - I never see pictures of him older than a young teenager.  Maybe he just wanted to stay completely out of the celebrity spotlight.  I've seen pics her mother, Anna, several times within the last 10 - 20 years.  Her father, Jiri, seems to have vanished as well.  Although, I think when he and Anna divorced, the family had very little, if anything, to do with him.

Here's one I found on the internet - I have no idea when it is from, though I suspect it was fairly early in her career.  It has Silvana's name on it, so I'm guessing it must be part of her collection...

post-18318-0-03147600-1404047053_thumb.j

I agree with you, Jermaine - I also like the Italian cover better but I will prize this one from Holland because it has taken SO long to find it!  :thumbsup: Even before I knew that Italian cover existed, I saw a very tiny pic of this cover and really wanted it - for years, I could not find the cover, nor even a larger pic or scan of it!  When you are a collector, that just makes you want it that much more!

Yeah I know what you mean. There was a very rare issue of Italian Bazaar with Kim Alexis on the cover (one of my favorite models) but I could never seem find it anywhere. Not even a LQ scan of the cover and certainly not the magazine itself. I was starting to believe the issue never existed in the first place. Like maybe the cover never got published or something. Now that I finally have it I kind of cherish it so much more than a lot of the other magazines in my collection :).

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I know what you mean. There was a very rare issue of Italian Bazaar with Kim Alexis on the cover (one of my favorite models) but I could never seem find it anywhere. Not even a LQ scan of the cover and certainly not the magazine itself. It was starting to doubt the existence of the issue. Now that I finally have it I kind of cherish it so much more than a lot of the magazines in my collection :).

exactly, Jermaine!  I'm pretty sure a lot of our fellow Bellazon members can appreciate that sentiment!  :wave: