Bellazon

Sachin Tendulkar
Thumbnail

magicman555

Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar pronunciation, born 24 April 1973) is a current Indian cricketer who was rated by Wisden (2002) as the second greatest Test batsman ever[1] after Sir Don Bradman.

He made his international debut in 1989 and holds several batting records in both Test Cricket and ODI Cricket.

A perennial crowd-favorite, he is the only Indian cricketer to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India's highest sporting honour for his performance in 1997-1998.

Many commentators and fellow players regard him as one of the greatest batsmen the game has seen.

for more information click of this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sachin_Tendulkar

• 3 years later...

'I will make it to final WC squad'

Vinay Kumar has set his sights on securing a place in the final squad by impressing the selectors with fine Ranji performances.

"It's been always my dream to be a part of the World Cup team. I am excited about my selection in the preliminary list.

My aim is to secure a place in the final squad which would be pruned to half by next month," Vinay told PTI-Bhasha here before leaving for Bangalore.

"I am working on improving my game each day. I know the battle for last 15 will not be easy but I am confident of making the final cut on the basis of good show during the Ranji season," said Vinay.

The national selection committee yesterday announced the 30-member probables list for the quadrennial event starting February 19, which would be pruned to half on January 19 next year.

When asked whether he is ready to play the role of an all-rounder in the Indian team, the Karnataka Ranji captain said there are still some areas in his bowling that needed improvement.

"I still need to improve my bowling so as to pick more wickets at the international level. I want to bring more variety into my bowling, more seam and pace. After that, I will look to contribute through my batting as it's very important for the tail-enders these days to score some runs in the end," said the 26-year-old right-arm medium pacer.

After propelling his side to the quarterfinals of the Ranji trophy courtesy Karnataka's first innings lead in their drawn match against Uttar Pradesh, Vinay said his side has performed as per expectations.

Karnataka now play Madhya Pradesh in the quarterfinals in Indore from December 24-27.

"I want my side to become Ranji champions and the way boys are performing in this season we are confident of doing so. I am satisfied with the overall performance of my team in their drawn match against Uttar Pradesh. We played good cricket.

"From now onwards, road to success will not be that easy and we have to play like a unit to win the title. Everyone has to do his bit," said Vinay, who scored 51 in his side's first innings score of 416 and then went on to claim two important hosts' wickets.

• 3 months later...

Tendulkar to advise Man United

Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar is set to sign up as goalkeeping advisor for Manchester United.

Sensational developments in England indicate that the Indian batting maestro will lend his guidance to the Old Trafford club after the on-going ICC Cricket World Cup ends on Saturday.

A United insider, Olof Ripla, revealed to ESPNSTAR.com that Sir Alex Ferguson is a huge admirer of the Indian batsman and was glued to the television screen throughout his innings against England. Tendulkar smashed a century against Andrew Strauss' men in a World Cup game in February.

With incumbent Edwin van der Sar retiring at the end of the season, the Red Devils will have a new man between the posts for the next campaign and Fergie is keen for Sachin to help the newcomer with his hand-to-eye co-ordination as well as impart some endurance tips.

"Sachin is a great sportsman who has been on top of his game for more than two decades," said sports physiologist Ram Vidur Kumar.

"He will certainly have a positive impact on Van der Sar's successor. Goalkeepers in football often find themselves in similar situations to batsmen. A fast-paced object is hurtling towards them at a rapid pace and how well you deal with it depends on your footwork, speed and how quickly you can make out the path of the ball, " continued Kumar.

Many have hailed this move as yet another masterstroke by the wily United manager.

"Trust Sir Alex to come up with something this brilliant," commented one United fan outside Old Trafford. "Mark my words, other Premier League clubs will be rushing to copy this latest innovation."

Ripla, the insider, also revealed that Ferguson would have loved to see Tendulkar in action against Sri Lanka in the final on Saturday. Unfortunately, United's Premier League engagements meant it was not possible.

Nonetheless, this news is bound to stun the world - bringing together as it does two of the most powerful men in the sports industry. Tendulkar is expected to pen a short-term contract next week.