Bellazon

Alexandra & Maria Spanidou
Thumbnail

Mariana99

Can you briefly tell some of your background: How did you get started?

Maria: My name is Maria and I am from Thessaloniki, Greece. I am from Greece and I was competitive professional swimmer until 19 years old! I never thought I could be a model to be honest, because swimming was all I did since I was a baby. One day our manager, Victoria Lyandres from Creative Talent Model Agency in New York, contacted us on Instagram and asked us if we would like to try modeling. We were laughing because we thought it’s not something we want and it took us a while to realize that maybe we could be good at modeling. She believed in us since we were a zero. We had zero experience with fashion industry. We didn’t know anything about modeling. She made us believe in ourselves and she was supporting us since day 1. Then we signed contracts with some modeling agencies, and we traveled to Milan and we realized it’s all we ever wanted. We loved the whole experience! From that day, we decided that we will chase our dreams and our goals until we achieve them! Fashion industry is for sure a dreaming world, but it’s hard at the same time and we love everything about it. It reminds me the competitive days I had when I was a professional swimmer, and it’s not as easy as many believe. We owe everything to our manager! 

Alexandra: My name is Alexandra and I was born and raised in Thessaloniki , Greece. I used to be competitive swimmer since I can remember myself until the age of 19, when I stopped swimming competatively, but I’m still swimming and going to the gym every day with my twin sister Maria! When we were younger, we decided to do an Instagram account and post pictures together! Our account became viral and we attracted many new followers everyday, until we reached almost 300k followers! At the same time, back then, we started to make some musical videos in the lipsync platform (now its Tik Tok) where we gained about 2.2 million followers in a very short period of time. It was very surprising because through that we were scouted by our manager, Victoria Lyandres from Creative Talent Mgmt in New York and our lives changed forever! We never thought that we can be models and we were very skeptical in the beginning, because I thought that modeling was something I wasn’t interested in and I thought that I wasn’t pretty enough for that. Victoria put to us so much faith and she believed in us before we even believed in ourselves. After some time we finally realized that maybe we deserve something more than what we believed until then and when we got signed with the biggest agencies (MODELWERK) and our first feature in Vogue Italia came out, and then went to Milan (with Women in Milan) we met the “modeling world” and since then we value modeling and this world everyday more and more. So basically we met with our manager Victoria through social media and since then our lives changed forever.

image.thumb.jpeg.95806a07602710663022258181e23d92.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.63d49f1345851d62b12c61492acc6b4c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.826ebd8b8bd98facf01b2cb4d71c774c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.21bbdb7d1efd40a1975c18ae6fff1cda.jpeg