Bellazon

Priyanka Chopra
Thumbnail

Rani_7

Priyanka Chopra at Hyatt Regency to endorse Lux Crystal

Lux brand ambassador Priyanka Chopra announced the launch of a new variant of the 'soap for the stars' - Lux Crystal Shine at Hyatt Regency Friday, November 16.

Earlier this year Priyanka Chopra was designated the new face for Lux, displacing Kareena Kapoor. Priyanka is believed to have been paid a hefty sum for the endorsement, TV and print campaigns which have been shot by the top-of-the-line names in the business.

Lux has recently launched a variant of the soap, Lux Crystal Shine. It is claimed to have the shine of crystals and drops of moisturizer in it to give the skin a glow. It comes in a new packing with a new fragrance.

The campaign for the new variant, which features Priyanka, was Indianized from an Argentinian campaign, known as Lux Neon Girl, that has won many creative accolades. Priyanka's footage has been digitally inserted into the original campaign eliminating the need to reshoot it.

I am not at war with Salman: Priyanka Chopra

This Diwali was quite eventful for Priyanka. She re-discovered how young she is.

"I actually started my career earlier than Sonam Kapoor, Harman Baweja, etc. I keep forgetting I belong to their group."

For Diwali this year Priyanka discovered the fun part of herself at Sonam's place.

"I know Sonam's father (Anil Kapoor) from the time we did Salaam-e-Ishq together. I really like Anilji. Sonam I've known from long before. She's part of the same gang as Harman (Baweja) and my other friends. So when she invited me to her home I gladly went and had myself a rocking evening."

Priyanka says she doesn't mind the image of a serious mature actress. "But people forget I'm only 25. Because I've been around for three years and done roles of full-blooded woman rather than girls people presume I belong to an older age-bracket. About time I changed that perception."

How does she intend to do that? "By maybe getting a life beyond my work. At the moment my entire life revolves around my shooting. Currently I'm shooting for Drona and God Tussi Great Ho."

And she seems to be having an equal amount of shared fun with both her co-stars Abhishek Bachchan and Salman Khan, though her relations with the latter are said to be far from cordial.

"Says who?" Priyanka shoots back. "Salman and I are fine with each other. I don't carry any ill-will to work. Neither does he. We're having a ball shooting God, Tussi Great Ho. And now that it's nearly over I wish someone else would sign us for another film."

Priyanka's Diwali started early. "My Diwali started when I went for the premiere of Saawariya. It's such a beautifully-shot film. Both Ranbir and Sonam are the superstars of tomorrow," she ends diplomatically.

Anil Kapoor and Priyanka were the first choice for Goal

Dhan Dhana Dhan Goal is out and director Vivek Agnihotri is quite thrilled with the response it’s getting. John and Bipasha who play the lead pair in the film seem to be aptly chosen for their roles.

But recently we found out that Vivek was considering Anil Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra in the film earlier. Vivek tells us more, “I had talks with the two before writing the script but things did not work out and eventually John and Bipasha played the part”.

So after the football flick what has the director planned for next? “I am working on a very interesting script on Global Warming from the point of view of children. The script will be hopefully done by December.” On that note we wish the director all the best for his next venture and also for the success of Goal.

A Star-studded Episode on Nach Baliye

Aamir – Sanjeeda have earned a huge fan following with their consistently good performance on Nach Baliye 3 since day 1! Now that they are one of the 5 finalists, each of the finalist jodis were given the choice to get a celebrity friend to make a vote appeal for them.

Aamir – Sanjeeda had to make just one phone call and their friend – superstar Priyanka Chopra was right by their side! Priyanka specially took time off from the shooting of her film to come to Nach set. The actress and our famous Jodi no. 7 were in a light-hearted mood. Priyanka joked about Aamir being a Michael Jackson fan & his habit of always wearing white socks only! She also talked about her personal favourite act of the Jodi. She said her favourite act of theirs was the one with the Table in the fusion round. Aamir – Sanjeeda then specially re-performed that act for her.

Towards corporate social responsibility: City children meet Priyanka Chopra

Chandigarh, November 24 In An endeavour to add on to corporate social responsibility and to reach out to the underprivileged section of the society, Spice Telecom today tied up with Theatre Age, a renowned city-based NGO that educates slum children through the medium of theatre.

Bollywood heartthrob Priyanka Chopra was the main attraction today as she had a meeting with children at the NGO. She is the brand ambassador for Spice Telecom, and was presented roses by the children.

The children were very excited about meeting their favourite actress, even though they had to wait for more than an hour to meet her. Chopra promised them to visit their school next time she visits the city.

Chopra spoke about the importance of routine and theatre with the children. “It is a special moment for me and I am touched with this special gesture. I am privileged to be able to meet up with these lovely children and share some time with them. I am proud to be a part of the Spice family,” Priyanka Chopra said.

Commenting on the occasion, Navin Kaul, CEO, Spice Telecom said, “This is a humanitarian cause, one of the many initiatives by Spice Telecom. It is a small gesture to demonstrate that Spice Telecom is paying its debt towards the society.”

“Spiceans have always come forward to support any noble cause, as this is our way of saying we care for the people of Punjab. It is indeed a privilege and honour to be associated with Zulfikar.”

Zulfikar Khan established Theatre Age in 1992 with the aim to lead children onto a path of self discovery through the medium of theatre.

Priyanka charms Chandigarh

Scintillating models walked the ramp exhibiting designer Sunit Verma's winter collection in Chandigarh on Friday.

But the lady who stole the show was Priyanka Chopra, making her first public appearance.

In town to promote a cell phone brand, the actress talked about how everyone's addicted to gadgets these days.

"These days every one has a cell phone. Even my Bhajjiwali has one. We call her and order vegetables on cell phone. It is good fun actually," she said.

Of course it was inevitable that she would be asked what she thought of the season's biggest releases Om Shanti Om and Sawariyan.

But for her loyalty rules.

"Deepika is a friend of mine. I think she totally deserves the kind of success she has got from the film. The film has done incredibly well and it deserves too because it is a very very entertaining film. I enjoyed it," said Priyanka Chopra, actor.

Priyanka's appearance seems to have charmed Chandigarh and her next film is sure to do well here.

Priyanka Chopra's spotboy steals her watch

Priyanka Chopra had quite an unpleasant experience yesterday, while shooting for one of her upcoming films at Thakur College in Kandivili. The actress, who had kept her Tag Heuer watch and other personal belongings in her vanity van, had told her spot boy Arvind to take care of it while she was shooting.

However, when she returned to her van, she couldn’t find her expensive watch. She suspected her spot boy who was later questioned by the police. After admitting that he had indeed taken her watch, her spot boy Arvind Upadhyay was arrested for theft.

All’s well that end’s well and Priyanka finally has her watch back in her safe hands.