Bellazon

Candice Swanepoel
Thumbnail

PeachMuffins

Wow, congrats Candice! That means she will be on the cover, right?

No, not necessarily.  The list and the cover shoot/girl are two different things.  I would absolutely love (as would we all I’m sure) for Candice to do a cover shoot for them.  Maxim would be crazy not to listen to its fans and pursue her.  Although its likely they have already.  I wonder if VS would have a say in something like that?

^ Thanks deynrose, you rock :clap:  

No, not necessarily.  The list and the cover shoot/girl are two different things.  I would absolutely love (as would we all I’m sure) for Candice to do a cover shoot for them.  Maxim would be crazy not to listen to its fans and pursue her.  Although its likely they have already.  I wonder if VS would have a say in something like that?

Well, Adriana and Alessandra have both done stuff for Maxim while working with VS (if I recall correctly) and it didn't post a problem. Overall I think the problem with magazines like Stuff, Maxim, FHM and the like for a model of Candice's caliber is that they tend to "cheapen" her, but this seems to hurt more those models that are focused mainly on high fashion.

Well, Adriana and Alessandra have both done stuff for Maxim while working with VS (if I recall correctly) and it didn't post a problem. Overall I think the problem with magazines like Stuff, Maxim, FHM and the like for a model of Candice's caliber is that they tend to "cheapen" her, but this seems to hurt more those models that are focused mainly on high fashion.

Adriana has had various pictures of her posted in Maxim due to its annual hot 100 polls, but never any shoots are pics taken by Maxim itself, that I can recall.  The same with Ale.  She has had various pics posted in Maxim for the same reason, but no shoots.  Now, Candice, Adrianna and Ale have all done GQ, which is far more prestigious.  So, I definitely agree with you about the reputations of these publications and the view that it “cheapens” models of their stature.

Candice did get covers for FHM South Africa in July 2010, but, this was right before her promotion to angel, which was also in 2010.  So, my original question stands.  I think VS would object.  

TexasLongHorn2013, you are right about Adriana and Alessandra, I guess I got my models mixed up.

In any case, here is what Maxim's creative director said on Candice being #1 in the list:

"Candice Swanepoel is the ideal embodiment of the new Maxim brand: stunning, sophisticated, elegant" Maxim's creative director Paul Martinez said.

"It's not only her flawless beauty and effortless grace that have garnered her the coveted 2014 Hot 100 Number 1 placement, but also her business acumen. She has risen to become one of the world's top supermodels and has transcended the accolade to become a global brand. It's hard to imagine a woman more perfect."

Damn right, Candice is perfection.

@marhunt: Taking this babe down for her title @angelcandices #maximhottestbabe #vssport @victoriassecret @adamfranzino @ed_razek @insta_bobb @tinat2 @fulviafarolfi @italogregorio ❤#loversandfriends

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Love it when Candice and Martha work together.  They seem to be genuine friends, and I really hope thats the case.

Thanks Laura  :thumbsup: