Bellazon

Hannah Bronfman
Thumbnail

balenciagaaa

http://hbfit.com

Hannah Bronfman (born 1988) is a DJ, model, and entrepreneur from Manhattan. She is the co-founder of Beautified, a mobile app for finding last-minute beauty services. Bronfman is also an investor in multiple restaurants, including Hotel Griffou and Acme.

Career
In 2012, Bronfman co-founded Beautified, a mobile app that allows users to secure last-minute beauty services such as salon, spa, and gym bookings. The app originally covered only New York City, but it expanded to Los Angeles and San Francisco in August 2014. Beautified's expansion coincided with an announcement that it had raised $1.2 million in seed funding.

She was featured in the fashion documentary This is My Reality in 2013.

She was a featured model at DKNY's Fall 2014 Fashion Show and walked the runway. It was her first appearance on a runway.

She a member of the Lehman family via her paternal grandmother, Ann Loeb Bronfman.

Personal life

Bronfman's parents are former Warner Music Group CEO Edgar Bronfman, Jr. and Shaft actress Sherry Brewer. Her brother is entrepreneur and musician Benjamin Bronfman. Her boyfriend is New York City DJ and Theophilus London manager Brendan Fallis.Her mother is African American and her father is Jewish Canadian.

She graduated from Bard College in December 2010 with a degree in sculpture.

On August 17th, 2015 she got engaged to her long time boyfriend, Brendan Fallis

24 HOURS WITH HANNAH BRONFMAN
10 minutes to get ready, 3 trainers, 3 employees, 2 iPads, the DJ/Entrepreneur and harper cover girl shares her life by the numbers. Plus, see her full issue of harper here.

7:30 AM: I spend the first half hour in bed on my phone or I'm talking to Brendan. These days all we can do is wake up and talk about my engagement ring, designed by Monique Pean. We just look at it for like 10 minutes in bed. It looks different in all different light—sometimes it looks a little green or a little blue. Then I check my emails, if I'm having FOMO from the night before, I'll check my Snapchat, then Instagram.

8:00 AM: I get out of bed, take my probiotics and I make myself a hot beverage—either hot water with lemon or matcha latte. I also have a dandelion blend that is a coffee substitute that I'll blend with the matcha latte and some coconut oil if I'm looking for something different, it helps digestion. Then I'll sit on my computer while I have my latte and look up a few things, check up what is going on HBFIT.com that day.

9:00 AM: I try to get my workouts in in the morning. About twice a week I work out with Stephen Cheuk from S10 Training for high intensity workouts. I see personal trainer Kira Stokes once a week for a really dynamic workout, as well as Ashley Deleon for Pilates. In between I'm doing dance classes at 305, or going to Y7, or doing boxing classes at Aerospace or Overthrow. I like to switch it up. 

10:15 AM: I get home and have a protein shake and do my morning beauty routine. Right now I've been really into Rahua shampoo and Schauma conditioner. I religiously wash my body with a regular plain bar of Purpose soap. I swear by it. I get out of the shower and put on either body oil or lotion. Right now I'm really into Weleda anti- cellulite oil, I'll put that on my upper thighs and my butt. I also love Aura Glow. I always notice a different if I don't moisturize immediately getting out of the shower.

10:30 AM: I'll have a small breakfast if I know I'm going to have a nice lunch that day, or I'll just wait a little bit, try and drink a lot of water until lunchtime. My small breakfast is usually a quarter avocado with scrambled eggs and maybe some sautéed spinach or kale.

10:45 AM: It takes me like 10 minutes to get dressed which is good. In my old apartment it took me 40 minutes, because I couldn't see any of my clothes and I had so many.  I recently did the KonMari method, I got rid of so much stuff right before Brendan and I moved into our new apartment. My new closet is so organized and I can see everything.  I like to keep it easy, like a pair of jeans, t-shirt, and boots.

11:00 AM: When I get to the office we have a meeting first thing, which usually takes a half hour—we go over anything pending, anything upcoming and new ideas. Then we will all work in the office until around 2 o'clock and then I usually schedule afternoon meetings starting around 2:30-3.

2:00 PM: I have lunch, Ava [Donaldson, director of strategy at HBFIT] and I love making creations because we like to photograph it for Snapchat. Lately our go-to's have been lettuce wraps. We make them with almond butter sesame sauce and take a bunch of veggies and chop them up like cabbage, red pepper, and sprouts and roll it up. Our office is my old apartment, so it has a full working kitchen in it so we try to take advantage of that which is great for HBFIT because it's our test kitchen. For content, we usually bake something, like spiced nuts or a banana bread cake, and take photos of it and post recipes on HBFIT. 

3:00 PM: I'll schedule meetings in the afternoon, usually 2-3 a day, either we're discussing partnership opportunities with HBFIT or Seed Street, the non-profit I started. It's a food justice solution, we take recycled shipping containers and retrofit them to grow hydro-chronic produce and we're going to put them in food deserts. So the first one is in Harlem at the Children's Aid Society, which is a great block because it has like 3 public schools around it— we teach kids how to plant seeds, nutrition and we have a fitness component. We're just in the beginning stages but it feels great to be able to take something that I'm super passionate about and give it back to the community that I grew up in.

7:00 PM: In an ideal world I'm eating dinner at home before I have a DJ gig. I'll make a cauliflower rice bowl with sautéed mushrooms and kale, maybe some chicken and I'll do some sesame Asian flavoring, or I'll make Thai curry. I'm a huge foodie so I also love to explore different restaurants and what is going on in my neighborhood. I live in the East Village and I feel like it's the best place for food right now—I love Oiji, Jeepney, Ippudo and Angelica's kitchen. I have dessert like once a week and it's usually something with chocolate. Or I'll keep coconut ice cream at my house. I also live around the corner from the dairy-free ice cream company, DF Mavens.

8:00 PM I DJ a lot of night events— sometimes I may work 3 nights a week and some weeks I don't work at all, other times I'm working every night. Obviously holiday is a big season, fashion week is a big season, but I'm a corporate DJ and corporate things happen all year round pretty much. I'm basically Snapchatting my entire day, but I like to make a cohesive story that has a beginning, middle and end—so if I'm DJing an event then I'll snapchat the makeup, getting ready process—I have hair and makeup come to my house. I have girls I've been working with for years like Dana Rae Ashburn for my makeup and Laura Polko does my hair. Then I Snapchat the event and heading back home. Or if I'm trying a new face mask at home, I'll talk about that, and what the results were.

10:00PM: I love to have a nightcap with a friend at the Bowery Hotel or The Standard East. My nightcap is either a tequila drink or sometimes just some tea and chatting. If I work an event 6-8, I'll try to make plans with girlfriends after that and go have dinner.

11:00: To unwind I like to have a relaxing bath. I use Clinique Take The Day Off balm to take off all my makeup. And I'll wash my face with Clinique's 3-step program, and I'll put on some eye oil and moisturizer. 

11:30PM On a good night, I'm in bed before midnight and I'll watch an episode of Narcos with Brendan, or whatever series we happen to be watching. If it's a night to relax, I'll have a bath beforehand, and I'll sip on Sleep Dust from Moon Juice. It's a mix of herbs and I mix it with coconut oil and almond milk. Or if I have a sweets craving, I'll drink cinnamon tea.

harpersbazaar.com

• 1 month later...