Bellazon

Roosmarijn de Kok
Thumbnail

FashionDream

Roosmarijn did an interview at Fox 5 NY to promote her collab with True Facet for Charity Water. 

She also did an interview at the True Facet website. 

Roosmarijn de Kok’s modeling career began at, of all places, a dinner party. A model friend ofRoosmarijn (or Roos, pronounced rose, to her family and friends) snapped a photo of her and sent it off to a modeling agent in New York City. The agent quickly asked Roos to come to New York and sign with the agency.

Victoria's Secret model Roosmarijin de Kok, RoosWhat was supposed to be an adventurous gap year between high school and majoring in economics and business at university, grew into a serious modeling career for the young Roos. Since moving to New York, Roos’s beautiful Dutch face has graced campaigns for international fashion houses like Balmain and Tom Ford. But Roos’s career really took off when she was invited to walk in the exclusive Victoria’s Secret Runway Show, a kind of It-girls club for the modeling elite.

Aside from her wildly successful modeling career, Roos is a female entrepreneur. She recently founded Roos Unlimited, an impressive investment portfolio of smaller brands, like Thursday Boot Co. and Van Leeuwen, that Roos supports and actively collaborates with. Through Roos Unlimited, Roos is also highly involved with the non-profit charity: water.

Charity: water’s mission is to bring clean and safe drinking water to people in developing countries. Roos recently partnered with the charitable organization by sponsoring a birthday well, asking friends and family to donate to charity: water to fund a drinking well in lieu of gifts.

Inspired by her passion and entrepreneurial spirit, TrueFacet connected with Roos to support her and charity: water’s cause. Together, TrueFacet and Roos have created a special collection of jewelry and watches, hand-picked by Roos, with 100% of TrueFacet’s proceeds benefiting charity: water. We sit down with Roos to discuss her work with charity: water and why the cause inspired her to contribute—plus her favorite pieces from her specially curated collection!

1. How did you connect with charity: water?

For me it’s really important when I donate or work closely with a charity to know they are 100% transparent with their expenses and that 100% of the money that is donated will go directly to the cause for which it was raised. When I was researching charities, charity: water kept reappearing as one of the best run non-profits and when I asked my friends, one actually knew the founder and connected me!

2. What about their cause resonated with you?

Besides the fact that 100% of the donated money actually goes to building a clean water well, I personally think clean drinking water is such an underrated luxury. People can go without food for 10 days but clean drinking water is such a necessity and it drives me insane to think so many in this world still don’t have access to it. I couldn’t imagine having to walk eight hours a day to get access to water.

3. What are your favorite jewelry or watch pieces within this Roosmarijn de Kok x charity: water curated collection?

I love the Love Collection from Cartier— can’t go wrong with that. The rest of the pieces I picked are mostly rose gold (“roos” gold) and very classic pieces that you can wear for all occasions.

4. What pieces of jewelry do you never leave the house without?

Gold hoop earrings!

5. What is at the top of your jewelry or watch wish-list?

I was planning on getting myself a rose gold Patek Philippe watch but I think it’s more important to donate money right now to my charity campaign. I’m thinking of buying myself something smaller for my birthday like a rose gold Love Bracelet from Cartier, so probably those two! I’m still young so I’m sure I will have plenty of opportunities in my life to collect the best pieces of jewelry that I love the most.

Shop this curated collection of watch and jewelry finds, thoughtfully selected by Roos, and TrueFacet will donate 100% of its proceeds* to Roos’s charity: water birthday well.

https://www.truefacet.com/guide/meet-victorias-secret-model-roosmarijn-de-kok-aka-roos/

V Magazine

"V Exclusive: Seeing Double"

Photography: Kyle Deleu

Styling: Gabriela Langone

Styling assistants: James Vazquez, Melissa Belardo

Hair: Andrew Chen

Makeup: Tiffany Patton

Models:  Roosmarijn de kok and Noel Capri

HQ:

Deleu_VMag25071.thumb.jpg.e273c463a01ee4917ed68d1991cf3686.jpgDeleu_VMag24348.thumb.jpg.276e899c3b48151a7f48b3469ccee678.jpgDeleu_VMag24831.thumb.jpg.83af0462a006516b53e7da09d6f9a25a.jpgDeleu_VMag25251.thumb.jpg.76958b4e2fd6195033b85cb08905306a.jpgDeleu_VMag25406.thumb.jpg.7e09c0b50d553224a950fbb245b26fc2.jpgDeleu_VMag25662.thumb.jpg.b9be758464c96e3a9638bb1871b07065.jpg

Additional images from IG:

49858681_305405510093049_5675398484916400579_n.thumb.jpg.3799345ac8fb56d928fd3f4267ec7e29.jpg49933894_2021687827885328_4263753089020540424_n.thumb.jpg.ba30f64728e5e8f29c8fad5146476e04.jpg