Bellazon

Amelia Lily
Thumbnail

egluze

Amelia Lily is an English singer from Middlesbrough, most famous for appearing on X Factor 2011. She wowed the judges at her first audition in Liverpool with her rendition of Piece Of My Heart, made famous by Dusty Springfield. Amelia made it to the live shows as part of the girls' category but after her first performance, became the first act to be eliminated when mentor Kelly Rowland chose to send her home. However, the dance and musical theatre student was granted a life-line when fellow contestant (and rumoured love interest) Frankie Cocozza was kicked off of the programme for breaking "the golden rule". A public vote was opened to decide which of the initial four eliminated would replace Cocozza, which Amelia won, with 48% of the vote. The singer revealed that she is battling diabetes and said of her performances: "It's hard to get the balance right but I always decrease my insulin just before performing to be safe."

df96c93267b011e2bbaa22000a1fb198_7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...