Thumbnail

lovemusic102

martinkellyliverpoolvtr.jpg

Full name Martin Ronald Kelly

Date of birth 27 April 1990

Place of birth Whiston, Merseyside, England

Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)

Playing position Centre Back, Right Back

Biography: England U21 defender Martin Kelly is one of the most talented youngsters on Liverpool's books.

The Academy graduate, who missed almost two years of his development due to a back problem, can play across the back four.

"The injury has made me more determined," said Kelly. "Having those two years out meant I missed so much from my development. I was lucky to get a chance to come to Melwood."

Kelly broke into the reserves during 2007-08, helping them win the league.

His senior debut then came as a substitute in a Champions League clash with PSV on December 9, 2008.

Three months later the starlet was loaned to Huddersfield Town, where he featured seven times, scored a first professional goal against Walsall and earned high praise from assistant boss Terry McDermott.

After returning to Melwood ahead of the 2009-10 season, Kelly was handed his first start for Liverpool in the Champions League group stage encounter with Lyon at Anfield on October 20 before injuries disrupted his season.

He returned to fitness ahead of 2010-11 and found himself the subject of an England U21 call. Kelly rewarded gaffer Stuart Pearce with a headed goal on his debut against Uzbekistan.

Source: en.wikipedia.org and liverpoolfc.tv