Bellazon

Emmanuel Adebayor
Thumbnail

madristar

Emmanuel Adebayor

Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor (born 26 February 1984), more commonly known as Emmanuel Adebayor, is a Togolese footballer who plays for Real Madrid as a striker, on loan from Manchester City. He played in the same position for the Togo national team before he announced his retirement from international football on 12 April 2010. Adebayor previously played for Metz, AS Monaco and Arsenal, and was voted African Footballer of the Year for 2008.[3] In January 2010, Adebayor was one of the players involved when the Togo national team's bus came under a gunfire attack on the way to the African Cup of Nations in Angola.

Personal information

Full name Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor[1]

Date of birth 26 February 1984 (1984-02-26) (age 26)

Place of birth Lomé, Togo

Height 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)[2]

Playing position Striker

Club information

Current club Real Madrid

Number 6

Senior career*

Years Team Apps

Adebayor's Real Madrid love affair

Emmanuel Adebayor has proclaimed his love for Real Madrid and is desperate to help the club to success this season.

The Manchester City striker sealed his season-long move to the Spanish giants last week and scored his first goal for the club during the 2-0 win over Sevilla in the Copa del Rey semi-final in midweek.

Speaking in an interview with Spanish daily AS, the Togolese striker could hardly contain his joy at being able to play for Madrid and wants to help the club to some silverware this season.

He remarked: "I am very happy to have scored. It was a dream to play in a stadium as impressive as the Santiago Bernabeu. I love this club and I am here to help. I'm here to play as often as they want me to play.

"I am impressed by the quality of the players, it is fantastic. [Mesut] Oezil scored a great goal before I managed to get mine."

"They are one of the best teams in the world, and we do not doubt their quality, but a final is a game over 90 or 120 minutes, and we will have our chances. We will go for it."

Adebayor will hope to get into Madrid's starting line-up when they play Real Sociedad on Sunday.