Bellazon

Kristen Johnston
Thumbnail

puma

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea for a thread :D Thank you so much!

Here's a good article I found on the web:

Kristen Johnston - The Latest Actress to go Dangerously Thin?

June 18, 2008

Standing in the pencil-thin shadow of celebrities like Nicole Richie, the Olsen twins, Lindsay Lohan and even Angelina Jolie, former 3rd Rock From the Sun and Austin Powers star Kristen Johnston is the latest actress to make gossip headlines for being dangerously thin.

You might remember Kristen from her 90's hit sitcom – she played Sally Solomon, a brash, tough-talking alien trapped in the body of a robust, sturdy-but-sexy woman. Kristen played up her round hips, large breasts and over 6 feet of height to create a character who wore her sexiness like an oversized pair of combat boots that she would kick your ass with – and it worked for her.

According to recent reports, the voluptuous actress told People Magazine she had picked up a little more weight in the past 2 years than she was comfortable with, thanks to a diet of “pizza, BLTs and fries.” A stint in the hospital caused her to take a look at her life and she decided to make lifestyle changes, which have lead to her losing over 60 lbs in just a year and a half.

Many celebrities have been criticized for their skeletal frames, all the while denying that their weight loss is anything but healthy. Even Kristen says of her dramatic pound-shedding, “I think it looks great. I feel amazing. I no longer stress about my body.”

In Hollywood, somehow thin continues to be in – and we’re not talking, curvy Natalie Portman and Katherine Heigl we’d-die-to-have-your-body thin. We’re talking about dramatic-weight-loss-experiencing, bone-rattling, size-negative-2, sunken-eyed, pallor-skinned celebs who look like they’re one skipped meal away from anorexia.

We’re not saying that club includes Kristen, per se – it’s just one picture and the cameras can lie. But we are worried and a little sad over the type of body image that has somehow crept its way into the world we're supposed to have a healthy idolization for.

Healthy lifestyle changes are wonderful and we support the healthy weight loss that comes from them. But we think Kristen should take her own advice and back up about 6 or 8 lbs in her weigh loss. Staying healthy can mean keeping weight on as well as taking it off.

We’re just saying, curves are hot. Be careful of taking the slender trend too far.

http://www.thinkfashion.com/blogs/stylosit...ously-thin.aspx

kristenjohnstonpeta1183.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 years later...
  • 1 year later...