Bellazon

Luís Borges
Thumbnail

_KyKa_

• 3 months later...

Model to Watch | Luis Borges Exclusive | The Fashionisto

modeltowatchluisborgese.th.jpg

Appearing in fall 2010 campaigns for United Colors of Benetton, Paul Smith, Tommy Hilfiger and Etro, DNA model Luis Borges experiences his breakout season in a sensational fashion. Twenty-two years-old and from Portugal, Luis made a quiet debut on the runway almost two years ago before getting a phone call, where in a humorous fashion, Luis Smith had been confirmed for Paul Smith. Surely a mistake that would not be made today, Luis is not going anywhere anytime soon with campaigns already lined up for next year. One of the friendliest talents around, we look forward to what the near future holds for this new star.

modeltowatchluisborgese.th.jpg

Luis photographed by Marco Pires with best friend and fellow model Ana Sofia
Luis: It all started when my sister put me up for Elite Model Look in Portugal without me even knowing it. They called me to go to the casting... I was one of the finalists... but no, I did not win. That's life. Anyway it is all my sister's fault ah ah ah.

When did you start modeling then?

Luis: I started around 18 months ago. But full-time, I have only been doing it for the past 12 months.

How has your demand as a model changed in the last year?

Luis: It changed a lot, actually it did not change, everything happened in the last year. The shows for great designers, four campaigns for winter 2010, the ranking at Models.com... Sometimes I just think to myself it's all going too fast, but after I just go: No it's not too fast, it's great!!!

What was the first fall 2010 campaign booking you found out about?

Luis: The first campaign was Paul Smith, after was Tommy Hilfiger and Benetton.

What was your reaction?

Luis: I remember I was in Paris doing my castings, I had just got off the subway, and my booker called me "

6a0120a8ca7809970b0133f.jpg

MODEL QUIZZ //15 QUESTIONS

1 / / What you liked the world to know about yourself and do not come in your ID?

That my arrogance is gentle and healthy and my temper is a statute. LOVE.

2 // How did you get started in the world of fashion?

My sister Gisela thought I had the features of the model, without telling me I entered the contest Elite Model Look, which was selected. Soon came from Castelo Branco, a city where he lived until moving to Lisbon because my agency was elite, but it was in Central Models I progressed more professionally and that is still my agency in Portugal.

3 / / How was your first fashion experience?

In my first work for the magazine Amoreiras Shopping I felt a great responsibility because I was shooting with colleagues with much more experienced than me but still I did not feel unsafe and I gave my best.

4 // A remarkable experience during your modelling career.

The fashion show for Dior, it was the only time I felt my legs tremble in the runway.

5 / / What is your homework before a photoshoot?

After a peaceful sleep, I do not leave home without feeling that my hair is Top! (Because now it's my trademark).

6 / / On what issues the "fashion" has changed your life?

The fashion totally changed my life, give me the opportunity to see the world, today I'm in London but I do not know if tomorrow will be to catch a plane to Paris or even New York, these uncertainties gives me pleasure because they do not drop my life in routine

7 / / Who are your references in the fashion industry?

Among the other models, the Dutch Mark Vanderloo and the Portuguese Armando Cabral, being of two different generations but with notable careers are an inspiration to any model.

8 // What are the magazines that you follow?

Without doubt the Número.

9 // What is your garment / accessory absolutely essential?

Black pants.

10 / / How will be your next few weeks?

After Paris, Milan and New York so well deserved vacation in Castelo Branco with my family and then Algarve with my friends.

11 / / You dont run out your home without ...

My Blackberry and my Trident!

12 / / What you been listening to your Ipod?

Alicia Keys - Empire State of Mind.

13 / / With wich labels you do your "fashion"?

I like to mix but basically do my shopping at Zara and Fashion Clinic.

14 / / After Fashion ... What is your B plan?

When I finish my career as a model, I would like to have one model agency and even there I intend to take a course in fashion photography.

15 / / What is your HIT for this season?

Shorts and flip-flops.

• 5 months later...