Bellazon

Rachel Hammett
Thumbnail

model_mafia458

• 1 month later...
Shes so pretty!

Found this on google

Q: Hi Rach, how are you today?

A:I just came home from a long day shooting, happy to be back in my apartment and have my feet up!

Q: How did you get into modeling? Is that something you were always interested in or it wasn’t planned?

A:I was found on the street in my hometown of Brisbane, the next day I was sent to Sydney and a few weeks later was in Tokyo – It all happened very fast. I always thought of modeling as an option, and once I was given the chance to make it happen, I grabbed that opportunity and never looked back.

Q: What did you find particularly challenging when you started modeling o/s?

A:I am grateful that before I travelled internationally I had completed high school and started university so I was well balanced and educated before I left. I still found it challenging sometimes being alone in foreign cities and being away from my support system.

Q:Looking back at your career so far, what is that you are the most proud of?

A: This is a hard one, as sometimes it is just simple things that I become proud of. Of course seeing myself on huge billboards (I am the face of Nikon in HK) or booking great magazines have all been high points. However sometimes it is just the fact that I have never given up and stayed professional and business minded throughout everything, which I am most proud of. Being signed in Paris was a big deal as at 5’8 I am not the tallest girl around, however I think I make up for that with my drive and professionalism.

Q: What are your plans for the coming 2012?

A: 2012 will be a great year for me. I will still be travelling internationally for various shoots/jobs etc. I feel I am more grounded in my career now more than ever. I have worked very hard to get a point where I am not a newcomer trying to establish myself in the fashion industry, so things are a bit easier for me now.

Q: Do you enjoy the constant travels associated with your international status?

A: I feel like I live at airports! However, coming from a small suburb in Brisbane, it is an honour to be flown around the world – and to be paid for it! I have shot at some truly amazing places and I am very grateful.

Q:What word of advice you would give a local model that wants to work internationally?

A: I would tell them that they have to realize that working internationally is a whole different level to working in your hometown. It is serious business at this level because you have to acknowledge that international agencies invest a lot of money in you, so you must always be at your best with a well-developed portfolio, and be in shape physically and mentally. Girls must always be consistent in their work and push through any personal issues so that they are always professional to clients and bookers. I would also advise girls to not stop studying or to pursue a hobby, I still do full time university by distance education, and it is great to have something non modeling related to keep you grounded.

Q: I have personally seen your skills evolving so much since I first shot you, can you tell us what you had to do in order to improve?

A: I think after working enough you learn to develop a second side to yourself that you can bring out in photoshoots and runway shows and then put away when you are not working. This tactic has always enabled me to not be self conscious on shoots, as I simply feel I am just playing a character on set.

Q: I heard rumors that you signed with prestigious Europeans agencies, what do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of working in Asia vs Europe?

A: I recently came back from Paris and I have a great agency there, I can’t say too much just yet about other signings right now…enough will be revealed in time! I do love working in Asia just because from a business point of view, it is the better choice for me personally. I have great management from my base in Hong Kong with ModelOne, and I am well established there. Working in Europe is a wonderful opportunity, however due to the world’s current financial climate, moving full time to Europe is a huge risk to take.

Q: If you were granted the wish of working with any photographer for any label, who would you want them to be?

A: I guess here most models say, Russell James for Victoria’s Secret, which of course would be great. But maybe I will throw something in and surprise you all with a Pirellli Calender! I have a horse called Romeo back home in Australia, and I have wanted to shoot with him ever since I started modeling and finally I am going to when I go home for Christmas this year! That is a wish come true J

link: http://www.redeclipsephotography.com/?p=287

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for ignorance but what is Esther Michele? I could not find photo for this on her tumblr. I like her hair darker more natural looking than blonde dont you think. I have not seen her before did she do rtw fashion week in Paris? She does look a little familiar.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't know her personally but my friend works in Vivien's agency so I hear most of what is going on from there! It must have heard the name wrong as I didn't hear it first hand. I will ask again and find out the right companies name! Most beauty/cosmetic campaigns pay very well so I can only assume hers did too.....if anyone knows her personally they could ask>?

• 1 year later...