Bellazon

Frank Lampard
Thumbnail

kerensa

Frank James Lampard, Jr. (born 20 June 1978) is an English football midfielder currently playing for Premier League club Chelsea and the England national team. He plays most often as a box-to-box midfielder and has also enjoyed spells in a more advanced attacking midfield role. Lampard is Chelsea's top active goalscorer with 121 goals, the most in club history for a midfielder, and is the second midfielder in Premier League history to score 100 goals, after Matthew Le Tissier.

Lampard began his career at West Ham United, his father's former club. Joining the youth team in 1994, he had secured a place in the first team by the 1997â1998 season. He helped the team to their highest ever finishing position Premier League in the 1998â99 season. The following season Lampard scored 14 goals in all competitions from midfield. With progress stagnating at West Ham, he moved to rival London club Chelsea in 2001 for £11 million.

From his debut onwards he was ever-present in the Chelsea first team, setting a record 164 consecutive Premier League appearances. He established himself as a prolific scorer at the West London club and won his first major honours in 2005, winning the Premier League and League Cup. Lampard won more club honours under coach Jose Mourinho; the 2005â06 Premier League title and a domestic cup double in 2007. He signed a new contract in 2008, becoming the highest paid Premier League footballer,[3] and scored in his first Champions League Final that same year.

Internationally, Lampard gained his first senior England cap in 1999 team and has played in Euro 2004 (scoring three goals in four games), the 2006 World Cup and the Euro 2008 qualifiers. He has two children, Luna and Isla, with Elen Rives.

Born in Romford, London, Frank Lampard is the son of Frank Lampard, Sr., a former England fullback and two-time FA Cup winner with West Ham United. His mother, Pat, died of pneumonia on 24 April 2008, and since her death his goal celebration has consisted of pointing to the sky and looking upwards as a tribute.[4] His uncle is Tottenham Hotspur coach Harry Redknapp, and his cousin, Jamie Redknapp, spent twelve seasons with Liverpool and earned 17 caps for England before retiring in 2005.

Lampard was educated at Brentwood School, an independent school in Essex, where he was a classmate of television personality Jodie Marsh. He gained an A* in his Latin GCSE.[5], one of the 12 GSCEs he took. He reportedly has an IQ higher than 150, putting him in the most intelligent 0.1 per cent of the population.[6]

From wikipedia... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lampard

HOW DID A MAN OF THIS HOTNESS NOT HAVE A THREAD?!!

lampard.jpg

post-16475-0-1446018277-92854_thumb.jpg

post-16475-0-1446018277-94769_thumb.jpg

img_2.jpg

lampsvgers.jpg

lampard4.jpg

71848554.jpg

4058490.jpg

post-16475-0-1446018278-12103_thumb.jpg

FrankLampardvIsrael3.jpg

FrankLampardvIsrael2.jpg

FrankLampardvIsrael1.jpg

FrankLampardvIsrael.jpg

IMG_1392F_thumb.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Lampard desperate for "Holy Grail"

Frank Lampard admits the Champions League has become the "Holy Grail" for both himself and Chelsea.

The Blues came within one penalty kick of ending their quest two and a half years ago when they were beaten by Manchester United in the final in Moscow.

England midfielder Lampard, whose equaliser that night ensured a shootout, has also been on the losing side in four semi-finals in the past seven years.

And despite having won three Premier League titles, three FA Cups and two League Cups over the same period, the 32-year-old insists his medal collection will not be complete until he adds a Champions League gold.

"I have won three leagues and quite a lot of the group have won one or more," Lampard told Chelsea TV's Icons Christmas special.

"But we have been so close to the Champions League, it does become a bit of a Holy Grail and I think the fans feel that.

"I would never ever go into a season without the first thing on my mind being the Premier League.

"To win domestically is the biggest thing for me but I don't want to finish my career with five Champions League semi-finals and a final but with no medal.

"It is huge but it is such a difficult competition to win.

"Every year, you play group games before Christmas and you start again in February and you might have injuries or you might be losing form.

"We played Inter Milan last year at a time when we were down, so there are so many little bits that have to come together for you to win it and that is what we are waiting for, that final little bit that we have missed."

Lampard is convinced Chelsea would have gone on to lift the Champions League last season had they overcome eventual winners Inter in the last 16.

He said: "Look at us in the league last year. We were on a run at the end, beating teams by six or seven goals and if we could have translated that into the Champions League last year, if we had got through those Inter Milan game and gone on and played the way we were playing at the end of the season, I think we would have won the Champions League.

"I really believe that because we were playing so well, so it is about form and fitness. You need your big players.

"You can't win the Champions League without your big boys, simple as that, no team can."

Lampard missed all of Chelsea's group games this season through injury but is determined to make up for lost time when the knockout stage begins next month.

And, unlike last year, the Blues have been handed the easiest possible draw in FC Copenhagen.

Lampard said: "When you get to the last 16, you feel the eyes of the world are watching it.

"It is what all the kids like, it is the ultimate club competition.

"I have a goal in a losing final and that is nice in a small way for me but that drives you on more to want to be part of a winning final."

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea relief as Lampard passed fit

Chelsea breathed a huge sigh of relief as it was confirmed Frank Lampard's calf injury is not as serious as first feared.

Lampard, who has missed the majority of the season with a hernia and groin problem, pulled his calf in training on Wednesday and it had been feared that the 32-year-old could be out for two to three weeks.

But the club revealed in a statement this morning that scans had shown the injury to be only a minor problem and the midfielder will be in the squad for Monday's crucial match at Bolton.

The England midfielder has been a crucial part in Chelsea's slight upturn in form since his return last month and has played the Blues' last six games.

The former West Ham man spoke this morning of his delight at returning to action from his groin and hernia injury, which was initially only supposed to rule him out for a few weeks.

"I tried to keep fit during the injury by doing everything I could without harming it," Lampard told Chelsea's website.

"I did a lot of running and got myself as fit as I could for coming back and then I just had to try to adapt to games quickly which is the toughest bit, finding the sharpness which you can never reproduce the conditions for when you are out for a while.

"So I was pleased to get through the tight schedule of games and I felt pretty good in most of them, maybe not so much the Wolves match because my groin felt a bit funny, but other than that I felt quite good."

Chelsea were top of the Barclays Premier League when Lampard picked up the original injury in August but the team faltered in his absence, winning seven, losing five and drawing once without him in the side.

He has been impressive since his return, scoring twice in the recent 7-0 demolition of Ipswich in the FA Cup, and Chelsea now head to the Reebok Stadium looking to record their first successive league wins since October.

Carlo Ancelotti had hoped to have Steven Pienaar in his squad for Monday's game but the midfielder turned down a transfer to Stamford Bridge to move to local rivals Tottenham yesterday.

One person who benefited from Lampard's absence was 17-year-old academy product Josh McEachran.

The midfielder has been tipped for a bright future at the club and Lampard is keen to become a key figure in the teenager's development.

"You do have to take that responsibility on," Lampard said.

"Other clubs show great examples of that with players like Ryan Giggs helping people around them.

"Particularly with young Josh coming into midfield it is quite a nice responsibility. He is going to be a top player and it is enjoyable to try to help him.

"I enjoy playing with the young players because they bring a real freshness into the team and into training.

"Josh has outstanding ability so although I talk to him to try to help him, probably very soon he will be helping me."

Chelsea have been criticised for their limited activity in the transfer market after releasing the likes of Joe Cole, Deco, Michael Ballack and Juliano Belletti last summer.

But Lampard is convinced that the group of youngsters who are now challenging to take their places are determined to prove themselves.

Lampard added: "If there is a way you can tell the lads to work on their weaknesses I will because it needs to be done, but to be fair to the lads who are training with us now like Josh, Jeffrey Bruma, Pat van Aanholt, they want to work, they want to improve.

"The individual side of training certainly makes you a better player if you work hard on aspects of your game like that."

Chelsea confident over Lampard

Chelsea are confident Frank Lampard will be available to face Bolton after revealing that he only picked up a "minor" calf injury.

Lampard went for a scan after picking up the knock in training but fears that the 32-year-old would be facing another lengthy spell on the sidelines were allayed by the club this morning.

A statement on the club's website read: "Frank Lampard is suffering from a minor calf problem which will be monitored over the next few days.

"The midfielder, who has played every minute of our last six matches since Christmas, is expected to be available for Bolton on Monday night."

The news comes as a relief to the Barclays Premier League champions, who have had to do without Lampard for the majority of the season thanks to a hernia and groin problem that was initially expected to rule him out only for a few weeks.

The former West Ham midfielder was out for four months from August but made a successful return to the team against Tottenham in December.

The England man scored twice in Chelsea's 7-0 demolition of Ipswich in the FA Cup third round 11 days ago and has been instrumental in the slight upturn in form at the club, who now sit fourth in the league after a poor run which coincided with Lampard's absence.

Lampard spoke today of his delight at returning to the Chelsea first team over the festive period.

"I tried to keep fit during the injury by doing everything I could without harming it," he told Chelsea's official website.

"I did a lot of running and got myself as fit as I could for coming back and then I just had to try to adapt to games quickly which is the toughest bit, finding the sharpness which you can never reproduce the conditions for when you are out for a while, so I was pleased to get through the tight schedule of games and I felt pretty good in most of them, maybe not so much the Wolves match because my groin felt a bit funny, but other than that I felt quite good."

Chelsea missed out on adding to their midfield ranks this week when Steven Pienaar chose to join London rivals Tottenham ahead of them in a £3million deal.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...