Bellazon

Camila Alves
Thumbnail

• 2 weeks later...

To make the amazing Brazilian slow cooker chicken, Camila Alves mentioned you’ll need tomatoes, water, bay leaf, frozen corn, green olives, garlic, media crema, rice, shoestring potatoes, a few other ingredients, a food processor and a slow cooker. Be sure to watch the video below to see how Camila Alves and Dylan Dreyer made this delicious Brazilian slow cooker chicken dish. Don’t forget to head over to the Today show website for the amazing recipe, so you can make it for your family this week.

Video

-http://www.today.com/recipes/camila-alves-brazilian-slow-cooker-chicken-t88726

Goldie’s Love In For Kids hosted by Goldie Hawn in Beverly Hills 5/6/16

CamilaAlves.212e70d.jpg CamilaAlves.23e5056.jpg CamilaAlves.139df47.jpg CamilaAlves.3b106a.jpg CamilaAlves.19.th.jpg/monthly_05_2016/post-86741-0-1593837638-08329_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="CamilaAlves.18.jpg"> CamilaAlves.14.jpg CamilaAlves.5.jpg CamilaAlves.9.jpg CamilaAlves.12.jpg CamilaAlves.16.jpg CamilaAlves.17.jpg CamilaAlves.20.jpg CamilaAlves.24.jpg CamilaAlves.25.jpg CamilaAlves.15.jpg CamilaAlves.6.th.jpg/monthly_05_2016/post-86741-0-1593837639-07743_thumb.jpg" class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" alt="CamilaAlves.2.jpg"> CamilaAlves.1.jpg CamilaAlves.7.jpg CamilaAlves.8.jpg CamilaAlves.22.jpg

A beanie babe! Camila Alves is chic in her blue hat as she takes the three children she shares with Matthew McConaughey out in Malibu 

She's the glamorous Brazilian-born wife of Hollywood star Matthew McConaughey.

And Camila Alves displayed her off-duty look as took their three children out in Malibu on Saturday.

The 34-year-old kept a tight hold of three-year-old son Livingston, and six-year-old daughter Vida, with son Levi, seven, following close behind.

She showed off her slim figure and sense of style in a pair of shredded bell-bottom denim jeans. 

Keeping it casual, the handbag designer added a grey sweater and striking aqua striped slouched beanie for the family outing.

Opting to go bare faced, apart from a pair of Aviators, she let her flawless skin and natural beauty shine through. 

`Stepping out_ The 34-year-old kept a tight hold of three-year-old son Livingston, and six-year-old daughter Vida, with son Levi, seven,_0001.jpgFamily day_ Camila Alves displayed her off-duty look as took their three children out in Malibu, California, on Saturday.jpgFresh start_ Earlier in the day, the star took a moment of solo peace as she stepped out for a morning stroll in Malibu.jpgPeace time_ In grey work-out leggings and sneakers, she soaked up her stunning surroundings and the - no doubt - rare time alone.jpg

Alves was dressed down in a white patterned blouse, matching skinny jeans, and grey trainers.

The former housekeeper - who learned English at 15 - was last seen doing a cooking segment on the Today Show.

The Women Of Today blogger - who boasts 143K followers - also just wrapped the first season of Camila's Code, a cooking/lifestyle show streamed on her Facebook page. 

Out and about_ Earlier on Friday, Camila was spotted snacking on the go while chatting no her phone in a carpark.jpgCasually clad_ Alves was dressed down in a white patterned blouse, matching skinny jeans, and grey trainers.jpg001_Casually clad_ Alves was dressed down in a white patterned blouse, matching skinny jeans, and grey trainers.jpgKeeping plugged in_ The brunette looked glamorous as she chatted to friends with her earphones in.jpgCrafty_ The Women Of Today blogger - who boasts 143K followers - also just wrapped the first season of Camila's Code, a cooking_lifesty_0005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Matthew McConaughey and family arrive in South Africa

2016-05-16 07:56

756d0959b2284eabb238236f8e9649c3.jpg

Cape Town - Matthew McConaughey and his family touched down in Jozi on Sunday.

The Hollywood actor was spotted at customs at O.R. Tambo after he arrived on Sunday morning on a flight from JFK International Airport.

The actor’s wife Camila Alves and their three children Levi, Vida and Livingston accompanied him.

“He arrived in South Africa with his family and quickly made his way through customs. He’s much shorter than I expected,” a source, that was on the plane with McConaughey, confirmed to Channel24.

The Oscar winner is in the country to film scenes for his latest project The Dark Tower in Cape Town.

The film, based on the Stephen King novel, also includes English actor, Idris Elba.

Elba will play the gunslinger and McConaughey will be playing the villainous man in black.

Matthew McConaughey's wife Camila Alves cradles their son as the beautiful five-piece family arrive back in NYC

Matthew McConaughey and his beautiful family flew into New York on Thursday as the movie star continues his promotional tour for Free State Of Jones.

The actor, 46, arrived at a hotel with his eldest son Levi, seven, and daughter Vida, six.

He was followed in by stunning wife Camila Alves , 34, who carried their youngest child, son Livingston, three.  

The Texan native was casually dressed in blue sweatpants with matching trainers and a gray t-shirt.

Vida had on a gray ensemble of t-shirt and skirt over dark leggings, while Levi wore pale blue jeans with a red and blue check shirt and carried a small blue football.

3420EB3D00000578-0-image-m-18_1463150206Model beauty: Matthew's stylish wife Camila Alves, 34, carried the couples youngest child, son Livingston, three, and looked stunning in leggings with laced-up boots and a long gray knit cardiganDoting dad: The Oscar-winning actor, 46, was casually dressed in sweats and a jacket, while Vida wore a gray t-shirt and skirt over dark leggings and Levi was dressed in jeans and a red and blue check shirtLittle learners: A little later, Camila and the kids were spotted returning from a fun outing to the Intrepid Air and Space MuseumAdult time: After the outing, the family got settled back in the hotel, and Matthew and Camila decided to head out on their own for an informal sushi dateLow key: The Oscar-winner looked relaxed as he strolled with his hands in jean pocketsDapper: Matthew dressed up his previous outfit a tad by swapping in some light jeans and distressed dark brown wingtipsHaving fun: The couple appeared to be having a great time as the stepped out for a dinner date

Meet Camila Alves, Co-Host of Kids BBQ Championship

Read more at: http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2016/05/meet-camila-alves-co-host-of-kids-bbq-championship/?oc=linkback

Camila Alves.jpegSeason Highlights.jpeghosts-camila-alves-and-eddie-jackson-on-.jpg

host-camila-alves-with-competitor-sydney.jpgguest-judge-tim-love-with-hosts-camila-a.jpg

On the all-new series Kids BBQ Championship, premiering Monday, May 23 at 8|7c, eight talented young grill masters will be battling for the chance to win a $20,000 cash prize and the coveted title of champion. Mentoring and judging them through all the challenges will be Season 11 Food Network Star winner Eddie Jackson and lifestyle expert Camila Alves, who’s previously appeared on Chopped Junior as a guest judge. Get to know more about Camila, learn her take on grilling, and get some behind-the-scenes insight into the show.

When did you first become interested in cooking?
I’ve always loved food and I’ve always helped in the kitchen. I never became a cook myself until I had a family.

What’s your earliest food memory?
My earliest food memory is of my mother in the kitchen cooking lasagna.

From whom did you learn to cook?
I watched my mom cook, growing up, and I learned a few things from her, but I really didn’t learn to cook myself until I became a mother. I used to watch a lot of Food Network and Rachael Ray, and I specifically remember learning how to cook my first fish from the Rachael Ray show. I also used to go to the bookstore and look through cookbooks to get recipe ideas.

Are you a barbecuer? How often do you grill?
I loved barbecue, growing up [in Brazil], but it is a different kind of barbecue than here. I grew up with family barbecuing every weekend, and barbecue was a big part of my culture growing up. I fell in love with the American barbecue ever since I have made Texas my home base. I grill as often as my husband and my 7-year-old son allow me to.

What are some of your go-to recipes on the grill?
Seafood and side dishes, but I’m a sucker for corn. One of my favorites is a Cuban-style corn, simple but so flavorful.

Is there one food you cannot live without?
A good old juicy rib-eye steak. My body literally craves it.

How would you describe your cooking style?
I cook like the everyday woman — just if the “everyday woman” got a little more courageous and had a little bit more fun, with a balance between healthy food and pleasure. I believe that balance is the key.

What kinds of things do you like to cook at home for the family?
My kids’ favorites are the honey chicken drumettes and Brazilian-style lasagna.

What’s a typical dinner like in your household?
Dinnertime in our home is informal. However, it is that important time in the day when we stop to thank God for all of our blessings and verbalize all the things that we are grateful for in our day.

Are your kids picky eaters?
I have three kids, and all three of them have different tastes, but I still manage to cook one meal for the whole family. Even if there is something that one of my kids doesn’t like, I still put a little on their plate and eventually they will give it another try. If they don’t like the sauce on something, I’ll put it on the side.

How do you get your kids involved in the kitchen or cooking?
All three of my kids are very hands-on, and they love getting involved in the kitchen. My 7-year-old makes our family breakfast Sunday mornings. I think the key is to know what keeps your child’s interest in the kitchen and slowly getting them to be part of the different recipes. With my daughter, I showed her how to make Brazilian lasagna, but I broke it into two cooking experiences. One time I made the recipe, I showed her how to do the different layers and she put them into the baking dish. The next time I showed her how to make the meat sauce. For my oldest, he likes to learn all at once.

How old were your kids when you first let them help you with food preparation?
My kids were 2 years old, but it was quite messy.

Did you enjoy hosting Kids BBQ championship? What were some of your favorite moments?
I can’t even begin to tell you how much I loved hosting the show. The only difficult thing was [that] as a mother you just want to see every child win. And with a competition you have to put all this criteria and rules in place that it would literally break my heart every time a kid would have to go home. Favorite moments were getting to know the kids and watching them do things that I never thought they would.

What impressed you most about the kid chefs? Were you surprised by some of the things you saw them do?
I was very surprised by the kids. Controlling a grill is not an easy task, and the fact that their creativity had no walls and made them come up with things really creative was incredible. Most of the times they were really good, and sometimes, not so much.

How was co-hosting with Eddie Jackson? Do you have any fun, memorable or surprising stories to share about working together?
It was a pleasure working with Eddie. He brings so much energy to the set. I had to be on set two hours before Eddie, and it was still dark. He would come in for a touch-up and, if I was sleepy, his energy would wake [me] up. Since he is a big guy and I had to figure out how to work my way around him to get my view of the food, I finally had to tell him, “You stay on this side, and I stay on that side,” so we could both see it.

Read more at: http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2016/05/meet-camila-alves-co-host-of-kids-bbq-championship/?oc=linkback

10 Fun Facts About Kids BBQ Championship Host Camila Alves

On the series premiere of Kids BBQ Championship, eight talented young grill masters will be battling for the chance to win a $20,000 cash prize and the coveted title of champion. Mentoring and judging them through all the challenges will be winner of Food Network Star season 11 Eddie Jackson and newcomer Camila Alves.

Here are 10 fun facts about our newest Food Network star.

Camila.jpg

1. Camila was born in Minas Gerais, Brazil. She first came to America when she was 15 years old. After falling in love with Los Angeles, she decided to stay permanently.

2. Food Network star Rachael Ray helped Camila cook her first fish. Camila says she’d often watch Rachael on the channel, and go to the bookstore and look through her cookbooks to get recipe ideas.

3. She’s the wife of Academy-Award winner Matthew McConaughey. They met in 2007 before getting married in 2012. They have three children together: Levi, Vida and Livingston.

4. Her and her family live in Austin, Texas, home to countless barbecue joints every smoked-meat and grill-loving person on the planet needs to eat at! It’s no wonder they called her up to co-host a show like Kids BBQ Championship.

5. The one food item she absolutely cannot live without is a juicy rib-eye steak. “My body literally craves it,” she tells Food Network.

6. Move over Goop, Camila has launched her own lifestyle and DIY website, Women Of Today. It’s chock full of tips, kid-friendly recipes, crafts and beauty posts for busy moms and women around the globe.

7. This is not her first rodeo. Camila, a former model, has hosted other programs including Shear Genius, a hair-styling competition show that ran in 2007.

8. Even better, Camila has already experience judging kids. Ted Allen invited her to be a guest judge on an episode of Chopped Junior, where the young chefs were tasked with creating a dish using cereal and meat.

9. Camila is crafty! Her and her mother started making handbags, and eventually launched Muxo, a collection of handmade bags designed by the duo themselves.

10.  She loves to give back. Her and her husband Matthew co-founded the Just Keep Living Foundation, dedicated to empowering high school students by providing them with the tools to lead active lives and make healthy choices. Right now, JKL is featured in 24 schools across the U.S.

Catch the series premiere of Kids BBQ Championship Sunday, May 29 at 8 E/P. Camila3.jpg

Camila Alves Launches Premium – and Affordable! – Organic Baby Food Line for Target

Camila Alves knows a thing or two about the challenge of feeding children a clean, fresh and healthy diet. As a busy, hands-on mom to Levi, 7½, Vida, 6, and Livingston, 3 — her kids with husband Matthew McConaughey — Alves has spent countless nights in a messy kitchen, surrounded by bowls of made-from-scratch veggie purees.

“When I had my first child, I started to try and make fresh food for him daily and I became frustrated with the amount of work, and time, involved in making baby food at home,” Alves, 34, told PEOPLE.

Her solution? To help create a line of baby and toddler food that was unprocessed, naturally nutritious, organic — and affordable. Partnering in 2014 with Agatha Achindu — a fellow mom, established chef and entrepreneur who had a similar mission — the duo co-founded Yummy Spoonfuls.

The line, which includes flash-frozen foods designed for babies and toddlers 4 months and up, will launch at Target stores on June 12, PEOPLE can exclusively announce.

Camila Alves baby food
CYNTHIA HAUSER FIVE ARROWS PHOTOGRAPHY

Want all the latest pregnancy and birth announcements, plus celebrity mom blogs? Click here to get those and more in the PEOPLE Babies newsletter.

With prices ranging from $2.29 to $9.49 for multi-packs, Yummy Spoonfuls uses, according to Alves, “no tricks, no additives — what you see on the front of the package is what you serve your kids.

“Organic, not over-processed, zero additives, no purees, no juice concentrate,” Alves adds. “We’re taking babies and tots through a flavor adventure.”

Inspired by their respective childhood gastronomic experiences — Alves hails from Brazil, and Achindu from Cameroon — the moms pulled from their rural roots.

“Growing up eating fruits and vegetables fresh from our farm added a lot to the way I taste and look at food today, and I wanted the same for my kids and other kids,” says Alves.

Likewise, Achindu, who feasted on organic foods from her family’s garden and local markets as a child, says, “When my son was born, I wanted the best for him, like every other parent! But as a busy working mom, I struggled to always make him the freshest, most nutritious foods.

“I tried to do it all myself and it was very tough … I started looking everywhere, but didn’t find fresh, high-quality baby foods in stores. I knew I couldn’t be alone.”

Camila Alves baby food
CYNTHIA HAUSER FIVE ARROWS PHOTOGRAPHY

The duo collaborated on the creation of all the meals and flavors, and had ideal test subjects: their kids.

“I tested every single thing from the creation to the final flavors with my family,” Alves tells PEOPLE, adding that Livingston and Levi prefer the blueberry, apple and banana options, whereas Vida’s favorite is pear.

Alves is partial to the line’s carrot and lentil for Stage 3: the third of three developmental stages offered by Yummy Spoonfuls, and the option geared towards kids 12 months and older. This last stage “is not puree,” she says.

“It is a solid form that any adult can eat,” she explains. “As a matter of fact, in my opinion, this will be the first baby-food line that parents will be able to enjoy tasting with their babies.”

One reward already gleaned from Alves’ and Achindu’s entrepreneurial partnership has been their newfound friendship. Calling Achindu “an amazing woman and mother,” Alves says they’re united by a shared mission.

“Agatha and I have very similar upbringings. Even though she is from Africa and I am from Brazil, there are a lot of similarities,” she says. “She has been doing this for over nine years, and we both share the extreme passion for doing the right thing for the right reasons.”

Camila Alves baby food.jpg

“The fun part about collaborating with Agatha is we now can pretty much finish each other’s sentences or when something is in my mind it is usually in hers as well!” Alves adds.

For both mothers, the bottom line is quite simple.

“One of the most important decisions you can make as a parent is what to feed your baby,” says Achindu, who has a 11-year-old son, Jared-Zane. “Healthy kids thrive. All parents want to give their children — our future leaders — the best start possible.”

Yummy Spoonfuls will be available exclusively at Target stores beginning June 12.

— Elizabeth Leonard

https://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/camila-alves-baby-food-line-her-family-life-more/

Camila Alves talks with Access Hollywood Live's Kit Hoover and guest co-host Jay Williams (of ESPN) about her baby food line, Yummy Spoonfuls, that is available at Target. Plus, find out more about her family life with husband Matthew McConaughey and their three kids. Watch to see which parent they take after!
Read more at https://www.accesshollywood.com/videos/camila-alves-baby-food-line-her-family-life-more/#KD8tx8vFHVfXKlMm.99