Bellazon

Roger Federer
Thumbnail

Letycja

hewit says fatherhood won't hinder federer's tennis

post-32483-0-1446082440-86678_thumb.jpg

birth of Roger Federer's first child late in the summer should not affect the Swiss player's mighty game.

With the cushion of money to ease the childcard load, it likely will be be business as usual on the ATP for the world No. 2 and wife Mirka.

"When you're that good a player, you've got to be self-motivated to be that good and to win that many matches", said former No. 1 Hewitt as he prepared for Wimbledon. "He's able to do it, he's extremely mentally tough. You don't lose that. He's not going to lose that. I'm sure every time he gets on the court for the rest of his career he's going to be very hard to beat."

Hewitt has not changed his own lifestyle too much, though the 28-year-old has been fighting to lift his game after summer hip surgery in 2008.

And the Australian calls Federer a alight favourite for the Wimbledon crown after his french Open title. "He's in front", but you have to put Rafa (Nadal) second very close behind. Nadal's the defending champ.

"What he did there last year (dramatic title win over Federer in the fifth set) has to be in the back of your mind, back of Roger's mind. Nadal's the only guy who's beaten Roger on grass for five or six years now".

source

_ _ _ _ _

yeah i agree with hewitt..

roger can be a daddy and a champion in the same time !! .. spicialy with mirka around him all the time ..

and for wimbledon title .. i guess fedfed :heart: has the biggest chance ..

what do you think ? :cain:

Why would Roger change??

Michael Schumacher had 2 kids and still managed to get 5 championships with Ferrari! and he was in F1 which is a much more dangerous sport than tennis!!

yeah ... and you gave a very good exmple ..

any way .. federer said that he won't stop playing tennis untile his child see him in the courts :heart:..

welcome to the forums!! :wave:
Welcome here and have fun :wave :wave:

thanks girls for welcoming :blush:

very kind of you :hug:

federer said that he won't stop playing tennis untile his child see him in the courts :heart:..

haha actually Mirka said that she wanted her child to see him in the courts playing, and actually realize that it's his daddy playing! :)

FROM ROGERS FACEBOOK

post-24595-0-1446082442-88296_thumb.jpg

“I snuck on to center court this afternoon to get a first hand look at the court with the new roof...I made sure I got a picture to share with all of you. Wimbledon is awesome! There is no place like it in the world! ^.^”

post-24595-0-1446082442-95447_thumb.jpg

“ Nike came over this week and presented me with my new Wimbledon kit – check in tomorrow for a sneak preview of what I’ll be wearing this year during The Championships. “

Roger about the Andy Murray hype in the media:

"The [british] media seems to be making something of our recent matches," Federer ventured to the French-speaking press. "When I lost to him in Shanghai [at the Masters Cup in November 2008], for example, I was ill and suffering with my back, and I still almost beat him, so I'm not about to say that he's the best player in the world all of a sudden."

(wimbledon.org)

hiii every one :wave: ..

roger is preforming very well in wimbledon i hope he keep it up tell the end :heart: ..

it was strange that mirka wasn't there to watch federer ...

and i thought OMG what if she was having the baby now !! >>> crazy :p

another thing ..

thanks girls for the amazing photos ..