Bellazon

Karim Benzema
Thumbnail

arabposh

• 2 weeks later...

"Benzema not leaving Real Madrid"

Real Madrid sporting director Miguel Pardeza insists the club have no plans to sell out-of-sorts striker Karim Benzema.

However, he did reveal his admiration for reported target Spain forward Fernando Llorente.

Benzema has struggled to establish himself at Madrid since his big-money move from Lyon in 2009, scoring just eight goals in his first league campaign and netting only once so far this term - despite being given several chances to impress by new coach Jose Mourinho.

The France international, who was omitted from his country's World Cup squad this summer, has been linked with a move away from the Bernabeu but Pardeza insists the club are not looking to get rid of the 22-year-old.

"The coach (Mourinho) has told us that, in general terms, he is happy with his (Benzema's) work, but he also told us that he things he can give much more," said Pardeza in Spanish daily AS.

"There are team-mates who do not cede even a single millimetre in their position. But we have time, you need to have patience and we continue supporting the player. It's not in our heads to sell Benzema.

"I'm not despairing. I expect him to triumph at Madrid."

Madrid have been linked with striking reinforcements, however, after a disappointing goalscoring return at the start of the season, with just nine goals scored in seven competitive matches prior to their 6-1 mauling of Deportivo La Coruna last time out.

One of the forwards whose name has cropped up various times is powerful Athletic Bilbao forward Llorente, who netted a brace for Spain in Friday's 3-1 Euro 2012 qualifying win over Lithuania.

Pardeza refused to speculate on the possibility of a new forward coming in during the January transfer window, but described Llorente as a "magnificent striker" who offers something different in attack.

"It's too early to tell (about signing a new striker). We're comfortable with the squad. I don't see any great necessities. But I don't know if there will be a problem with injuries between here and January," said Pardeza, whose side also have Gonzalo Higuain and Cristiano Ronaldo up front.

"In any case, it's a possibility that is always going to be open, but I can't make a judgment until much later on."

When asked about Llorente, Pardeza said: "Llorente is a magnificent striker, who possesses some characteristics which are not in abundance. As well as that, he has progressed enormously in recent years, as can be seen in recent games with Spain and Athletic.

"It's an interesting player, that's clear. But right now we are only concerned about those that we have here. It's too soon to talk about the future."

"Benzema looks very confused"

Real Madrid legend Hugo Sanchez has questioned the contribution of Karim Benzema at the club, claiming he looks very confused.

The Mexican goal-getter was speaking in an interview with Spanish publication Marca discussing the progression of the Los Blancos this season and he has pin-pointed Benzema as one of the cause for concerns.

He remarked, "Benzema does not know what his role is at Real Madrid. I notice that he is very confused, because he still does not know what is expected at this club. [Gonzalo] Higuain is the better option to play in white."

Despite Benzema's lack of form, Sanchez, who is the second highest goalscorer in the history of the Primera Division after spending twelve years in the league with both Madrid clubs, Real and Atletico, has faith that Jose Mourinho, together with Cristiano Ronaldo, can help deliver some silverware back into Madrid's trophy cabinet this season.

He added, "With Mourinho in charge, Real Madrid can win the league. What I like about the Portuguese coach is his honesty.

"In terms of Cristiano Ronaldo, people expect a lot from him and he is accountable for his performances every week."

Madrid are now third-place in the La Liga and top of their group in the Champions League.

Q: The image of Karim Benzema is associated a lot with those huge headphones that you wear. Did you buy them yourself, or did a rapper friend give them to you as a gift?

A: I bought them in France. I like them a lot, the music comes out really well.

Q: What do you listen to?

A: I like all types of music. It’s an important pastime for me. I like rap, and a lot of other types of musical styles as well.

Q: For example…

A: Like I said, rap, and also reggae. I’m quite open to all types of music.

Q: You like the freestyle rap of your rapper friend Rhoff, no?

A: Yes.

Q: What is freestyle rap?

A: It consists of improvising and singing whatever is in your head, with rhythm.

Q: Would you be able to compose a freestyle rap about a football-related person? I propose Domenech, Mourinho or Higuaín. Who would be your choice to compose the rap about?

A: (Laughs). I would rap about Mourinho, without a doubt.

Q: And what would you say about him?

A: I would rap about what he does on the field, what he tells us and the expressions that he uses.

Q: Do you feel more comfortable with him than you did with Pellegrini?

A: They’re two distinct cases. I speak better Spanish now than when Pellegrini was here. They’re different seasons and different situations.

Q: Do you feel more integrated now?

A: Yes, I feel like I have more support this year.

Q: Casillas said at the beginning of the pre-season that in two days he saw Benzema laugh more than in the entire last season. Tell me the truth, were Iker’s jokes not as good last year?

A: (Laughs). I’m not going to laugh at any thing. But the truth is this year there are more things to laugh about.

Q: With who, why and of what do you laugh about?

A: I laugh a lot with Cristiano and with Kaká. But in general, with everyone. This great atmosphere carries over onto the field. I can’t say that this year there is a better feeling than last year, but I see a more animated group on the field now.

Q: Özil said that if he weren’t a footballer, he’d be a DJ. What would you be if you weren’t playing football?

A: Maybe a rapper (laughs). No, that’s a joke. I would be a MotoGP rider. I like Valentino Rossi a lot.

Q: And of the Spaniards, do you like Jorge Lorenzo?

A: I like Fernando Alonso, the F1 driver, a lot.

Q: Are you still taking Spanish lessons?

A: I’m still taking classes, but I learn more Spanish in the locker room, talking with my teammates.

Q: Are you doing the homework that you are given?

A: I’m reviewing verbs and all those things, but I feel better with my teammates.

Q: Define your character: conformist or non-conformist?

A: I like order. I’m probably more conformist. I don’t like messes and I prefer things to be well-organized.

Q: What is your opinion on the treatment you’ve received from the Spanish press?

A: You all are very tough.

Q: Last year, there were some episodes that disgusted the fans: adaptation problems and two car accidents. Do you promise more stability this year?

A: We’ll see. I would like it if these incidents were separated, and for the fans to understand that anyone could have a car accident. I’m a stable person. What happens is that when you’re not playing well, some people try to relate that to these types of things to explain it. But everything will be different in this new season.

Q: So, you’ve already adapted well to Real Madrid?

A: A year of adaptation passes quickly for any player. That’s what happened to me. Right now, I feel at home when I put on the shirt of Real Madrid. Last year, I felt alone, not myself. That’s the big difference with respect to last year.

• 2 weeks later...
hiya

sorry if i'm disturning..

do you hvae picture of karim while training for france...

i guess he will play against england ..

thnks

post-44022-0-1446013263-62063_thumb.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

thnks a lot

really

i'm very happy to see these...if you have pictures of karim...u can plz post them..thnks again too sweet n nice from you :wave:

• 3 weeks later...