Bellazon

Behati Prinsloo
Thumbnail

Nath

post-76462-0-35010100-1398192271_thumb.jpost-76462-0-22654000-1398192285_thumb.jpost-76462-0-51869000-1398192296_thumb.jpost-76462-0-25087100-1398192313_thumb.p

interview from here http://blog.shopbop.com/cool-collaboration-behati-prinsloo-for-thvm

Cool Collaboration: Behati Prinsloo for THVM

Victoria’s Secret Angel Behati Prinsloo teamed up with L.A. clothing label THVM (This Here Very Moment) for a 14-piece collection of punk-inspired jeans, tank tops, coats, and tees. We talked to Prinsloo about her personal style and the creative process behind the collaboration.

post-76462-0-1446072017-77978_thumb.jpg

Behati in the Deep Sea Tee and Wash Skinny Jeans.

Shopbop: Describe the collection in six words or less.
Behati Prinsloo: Comfortable, easy, tomboy, classic, simple, everyday.

SB: What was the inspiration behind the collection?
BP: I wanted to create something true to myself and also true to the THVM brand. I carefully considered what it is that I look for when shopping and applied that to the design process. I was inspired by iconic pieces that are effortless and can be worn every day.

SB: What was your favorite part about working with THVM, and what did you learn in the process?
BP: My favorite part of the creative process was exchanging ideas with designers Brian and Olga. I learned the importance of communication. How you communicate your ideas and opinions is crucial for an accurate execution. Since we all had similar taste, it made the creative process easy and enjoyable! We were all in sync in our ideas and vision.

post-76462-0-1446072017-99968_thumb.jpg
Behati in the Bat Tee and Stripe Zip Trousers.
SB: How would you describe your own aesthetic, and in what ways did your personal style influence your designs?
BP: I like timeless pieces that don’t require a lot of effort to style. I am big on a pair of jeans mixed with a fun and easy T-shirt. THVM has perfected this aesthetic by designing pieces that are simple, reliable, and fit perfectly.

SB: Which item from the collection will you wear most often? How will you style it?
BP: It's a small collection, so I love and wear every piece. At the moment, the high-waist black skinny jeans and the striped pants are my favorites. I wear them with a simple white T-shirt or the Deep Sea shirt. This collection is my baby. Each item easily blends into my everyday look.

SB: You’ve worked in the fashion industry since you were 16. What is the most valuable piece of advice you’ve received?
BP: Always stay true to yourself, and treat everyone with respect and how you want to be treated. Also, always have fun with whatever you do. Don't take things too seriously. I'm so lucky to have gotten this far.

I wish she would interact more with her fans on social media. It's a bit of a shame how she's trying to promote this THVM line and tells her followers to go out and buy it, but she never even responds to fans, likes pictures, or acknowledges them.