Christina Hendricks
Thumbnail

Korravai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Christina Hendricks and Her Husband Defend Her Controversial Golden Globes Dress

Following the heated debate over Christina Hendricks’ choice of a champagne ruffled gown by Project Runway alum Christian Siriano at the Golden Globes, the Mad Men star’s husband, Geoffrey Arend, is fighting back. At a SAG awards after party, Arend stopped to defend his wife to PEOPLE. “I was just upset about the whole Golden Globes dress thing. I thought she looked so gorgeous. And that New York Times blogger saying that… It’s so ridiculous,” he said, referring to the paper’s fashion critic, Cathy Horyn offering the critique “You don’t put a big girl in a big dress. That’s rule number one”. Arend contines, “What was nice was seeing the entire internet come after that blogger. That was really cool. It was the first time I saw just a solid block of ‘You’re crazy! What’s wrong with you? You should be ashamed of yourself!’ [in the comments.] And honestly, the Grey Lady should be ashamed of themselves to print a picture like that, that they widened!” In an update to her column, Horyn acknowledged that the original photo used in her post was accidentally distorted: “The photo was slightly distorted inadvertently due to an error during routine processing. The photograph has been replaced,” she wrote. For her part, Hendricks is standing by her Siriano gown: “I loved it! I thought I looked gorgeous!” she told PEOPLE. We agree—as does her proud husband, who gushes, “Honestly, she’s the greatest woman I know. She’s the most beautiful woman I know. She’s the most talented woman I know. It’s like there’s not enough adjectives that could express or superlatives that could express how wonderful she is.” –reporting by Jessica Wedemeyer

people.com

• 2 weeks later...

‘Mad Men’ Star Christina Hendricks On Body Scrutiny: ‘It Kind of Hurt My Feelings’

Judging from her lingerie-clad appearance on the cover New York magazine’s Spring Fashion issue, you might not guess that Mad Men star Christina Hendricks would be self-conscious about her voluptuous figure. But after her curves started attracting more attention than her acting, culminating in last month’s flap over her Golden Globes appearance, the 34-year-old actress says she couldn’t help but feel embarrassed by the scrutiny. “It kind of hurt my feelings at first,” she admits. “Anytime someone talks about your figure constantly, you get nervous, you get really self-conscious. I was working my butt off on the show, and then all anyone was talking about was my body!” And despite her old-Hollywood looks, the actress, who will reprise her role as Joan Holloway on next season’s Mad Men, says fans are always surprised when they spot her in real-life — without her retro-fitting garb. “The way we dress on Mad Men is so associated with old photographs, with people’s parents and grandparents,” she says. “In person, I wear jeans and flip-flops and people are so shocked. They tell me I look so much younger than they expected.” But as for her weight and other body-related questions, Hendricks says she’s so over talking about it. “It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth,” she says.

post-19430-1266319837_thumb.jpg