Thumbnail

chiva474128

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Smoke Show: An Exclusive Look at Erin Wasson’s New Jewelry Line

post-86685-0-1446120623-76583_thumb.jpg

Fas of Erin Wasson’s costume jewelry label, Low Luv, are in for an haute upgrade. The model-activist-style icon has partnered with Alchemist, a new concept store by Roma and Erika Cohen in Miami’s Design District, for a capsule of fine jewelry inspired by “the art of smoking.” Don’t expect kitschy cigarette earrings—the jewelry in question is delicate and just a little unusual. Images of Wasson modeling the jewelry debut exclusively here. “I wanted it to be one message, one very concise body of work,” she told Style.com. “Being the smoker that I am, I started with the idea of alchemy and the process or transformation and creation.” Included in the collection are a gold cigarette box, a joint holder, and a lighter pendant necklace. “They don’t look like what they seem, which is the idea of smoke itself.” Not lightning up anytime soon? The sterling silver, gold, and sliced diamond pieces are perfectly suited for non-smokers, too. “Even if you don’t want to participate in the smoking part, there are still beautiful handmade chains and a choker,” she said. “Smoke had a ceremonial aspect for the Hopi Indians,” she added. “It signifies upward mobility, so I wanted to take that and refine it. The pieces are very clean and elegant—I just wanted to elevate a tradition.” 

post-86685-0-1446120623-79038_thumb.jpg

style.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Harper's Bazaar Arabia July/August 2015

Photographer: Christopher Ferguson

Model: Erin Wasson @ IMG New York

Stylist: Katie Trotter