Bellazon

General Discussion

Prettyphile

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show to Return in 2023 as a "New Version

After a four-year hiatus, the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is set to make a return in 2023.

Something Victoria isn't keeping a secret? The impending return of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show.

The lingerie brand announced during their 2022 earnings conference call on March 3 that the runway show will be returning in 2023 after a four-year hiatus with some changes in place.

"We're going to continue to lean into the marketing spend to invest in the business, both at top of funnel," CFO Timothy Johnson said, "and also to support the new version of our fashion show, which is to come later this year."

Noting that this was the global brand's first full year as an independent public company, CEO Martin Waters addressed some of the initiatives Victoria's Secret has taken in recent months, including bringing in "more models and ambassadors of diverse sizes, ages abilities and identities."

News of the returning fashion event comes after the 2019 show was canceled. The year before, the 2018 runway show saw its lowest ratings of all time.

So who are yall hoping to see? Now that my two faves are gone and out of the disastrous lineup they are working with atm, I hope Bella Hadid opens the show, gets the fantasy bra (if any?), closes the show and does everything else because the rest of their current roster gives me nothing :rofl: 

Of the oldies, I only see Barbs Palvin coming back and probably also Josephine and Elsa, the rest are very much gone. I’m hoping to see Frida back and hopefully they give a chance to Cindy Mello. And seen who they recently used in the shoots/video, I would also see Abby Champion.

And as far as the performers, I already see them call Tay Swiftie or Rihanna and I’m gonna laugh if they call Maneskin :rofl: 

It's not happening with Elsa, she doesn't have share VS throwbacks and seems to have fully moved on, she doesn't even hang out with the rest of the girls. I completely forgot Barbara was an angel lol but I can definitely see it happening

13 hours ago, RIP_Cabrini_Green said:

let the games begin 🤓

We're BAAAACK!

32 minutes ago, lostdiadem said:

Of the oldies, I only see Barbs Palvin coming back and probably also Josephine and Elsa, the rest are very much gone. I’m hoping to see Frida back and hopefully they give a chance to Cindy Mello. And seen who they recently used in the shoots/video, I would also see Abby Champion.

And as far as the performers, I already see them call Tay Swiftie or Rihanna and I’m gonna laugh if they call Maneskin :rofl: 

Maybe taytay, Rihanna def not. I'm wondering which will be the Changes to the format, Hoping to see wings!

I was watching this video, and Haley had something interesting to say about the modeling industry at around 12:20.. It's one thing to put the diversity in pictures that younger ppl may end up buying into, but will that same idea apply when it's TV?  Will TV executives have a different idea of what they want to sell to people to gain better ratings?

Also this woman is significantly better looking outside of SI. o.o

Word is starting to get out of the show's return. The comments are not kind across many platforms.... VS it's time to quit the BS.

A tiny sampling of what your everyday person is saying.

<><><><><><><><><>

"It will be back, this time with Dylan Mulvany stomping down the runway. Long gone are the days of Kerr and Lima."

"Inclusive". The most overused word of the last 2 years."

"This normalisation of obesity is worrying. It doesn’t look good and it’s not healthy."

"Good luck with that. This has become such a boring woke brand it’s no longer fun or sexy."

"Victorias Secret went from showing healthy women to showing obese women nobody wanted to see. There's a reason you don't see really old obese people. It's because obesity will shorten your lifespan ..."

"When you pander to the minority but the cash flows from the majority. People notice."

"thanks but no. you went woke, I canceled my card and don't support Victor's secret anymore. "

"I’m a straight woman and prefer to watch perfect models than woke women. Many women and men love watching perfect supermodels. Its human nature to admire good looking people. "

"Nope. Nobody is gonna be interested in that. "

"yeah I walked by one of their giant posters in their store window at the mall the other day. The models were just hideous.. it's like who would want to wear that or look like them..."

"I’m not skinny and even I know runways are for slim women. Clothes look better on slim women and fashion shows are no different . I don’t understand why everyone has to ruin it because it doesn’t fit their body standard. I’m a uk size 14/16 and I loved the VS fashion show. It won’t be as good with bigger models and that’s a fact ."

"Bring Gisele, Heidi & co. back for a day and it will attract some interest "

"Lizzo tromping down the runway? No thanks. "

"We all know how terrible & the types of 'models' it will be in this woke modern world."

"If it doesn’t feature the original angels, I don’t care."

"When are the activists gong to target the male models? Clearly we need to include a parade of 350 pound guys prancing down the runway in their barely-there underwear."

"Nope. They "fixed" something that wasn't broken and ruined it. Progressives ruin EVERYTHING for EVERYONE just to please themselves and look virtuous!"

"We’re definitely going to be seeing men in bras "

"Nobody wants to see fat models and models of mysterious gender. "

Doubt it, Savage has the same aesthetic across all platforms, edgier and more risqué than VS ever was, Savage is also aimed at African Americans. I am sure VS will have an equally messy cast, but I am sure the tone will be a lot less risky and more average American friendly.

7 minutes ago, Clauds said:

equally messy cast

If not worse. I'm already dreading it.

I wonder if any of the old VS Angels will return? Someone like Tyra, Heidi (she said she was pleased to see Victoria's Secret 'finally' embracing diversity), Helena Christensen, Daniela Pestova (they both did a campaign for VS in 2020) or KK? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ;)

CkTcIvYXIAET2x9.thumb.jpg.008ef6d007c2a8d56ba7c994ce25753b.jpg