Bellazon

Josie Maran

Hi, maranix. How you doin? I've missed everyone from JosieFreaks.

Thanks, shiyan, for the link to The Gravedancers. That's an awesome gift. But, I didn't see a link for

The Mallory Effect in your other post. All I found was a link to a few pics. Can you share that movie, as well?

How did you obtain the movie? Is it avail somewhere? Thanks, for any help. :)

Thanks, shiyan, for the link to The Gravedancers. That's an awesome gift. But, I didn't see a link for

The Mallory Effect in your other post. All I found was a link to a few pics. Can you share that movie, as well?

hey Uncle Mike :)

the link was on the image, unless dns propagation for josie.shiyanthegreat.com didn't complete yet

The Gravedancers I found online, so the DVD should become available soon. It was part of Horrorfest as well: http://www.horrorfestonline.com/

I managed to find a DVD of The Mallory Effect on Ebay: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?c...itSearch=Search

I made the following avi from the DVD

http://josiemaran-world.com/forums/index.php?showforum=16

Hi, Miss Nine. How have you been doing, my young friend? I think about you so often, but never seem to get around to writing. I've always struggled with "intending to do things", and now my failing memory makes it even worse. *winks & grins*

Are you still in college, or have you graduated? Married or engaged? I'd love to hear an update on your life, if you feel like sharing.

Talk to you soon......

xxxooo,

Uncle Mike

shiyan,Thanks big)

Whether I CONSTANTLY CAME on site JOSIE and checked it works.... But it have closed. What reason of it?

you're welcome :)

as far as I know josie-maran.com has dissapeared for quite a while, nothing more specific than "Some of the members of the web team must move on and focus on other projects."

I tried posting in the forums to ask if it was due to copyright issues, financial issues, or other issues... and did not get anything.

at least the creators gave advance warning of the site's impending closure, as it enabled people to save copies of the site's content.

when was the last time you saw the site online?

hey Uncle Mike :)

the link was on the image, unless dns propagation for josie.shiyanthegreat.com didn't complete yet

The Gravedancers I found online, so the DVD should become available soon. It was part of Horrorfest as well: http://www.horrorfestonline.com/

I managed to find a DVD of The Mallory Effect on Ebay: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?c...itSearch=Search

I made the following avi from the DVD

http://shiyanthegreat.com/josie/The%20Mallory%20Effect.avi

TheMalloryEffect.jpg

is she acting somewhere?

is she acting somewhere?

that preview picture might not show it but Josie actually gets a lot of screentime in this movie

this is what I recall from her movies:

The Aviator: on screen for a few seconds

Van Helsing: on screen for a few seconds, maybe slightly longer than The Aviator

Little Black Book: on screen for a few scenes

The Gravedancers: on screen for severall scenes

The Mallory Effect: on screen for severall scenes

I've been "out of touch" with the activities of Josie, for the past year. I heard that she was on The Jimmy Kimmel Show in Oct 2005. She made the announcement that she was retiring from modeling/acting, and was going to pursue a teaching-career in Hawaii. One doesn't become a teacher overnight, so I'm not sure what she had in mind. She spent the first half of 2006 preparing for the birth of her first child, that was born in June. I'm not sure what she is doing at this time. I guess time will tell. ;)

shiyan sent me a note. He discovered http://www.myspace.com/josiemaran , but I'm not sure if it's really her creation. It does look pretty good, if you want to check it out. :)

hey Uncle Mike,

I did some more work on the site, so take a look when you have some time :D you can download that Jimmy Kimmel Show here: http://josiemaran-world.com/videos.htm 2nd row on the left.

or direct link: josiemaran-world.com/videos/josie-kimmel-nfsmw.avi

I was quite shocked to find that myspace, as it was purely by accident, but there is some very interesting info, if true:

"My name is Josie Maran. It's pronounced as "MAIR-an"...it rhymes with Karen, like "CARE-an". I was born in Menlo Park, just outside of San Francisco,then moved to LA, and now Manhattan. Well, my dad is Polish and Russian, and my mom is Dutch, French, and German. I'm an American mutt! Hehe, i know that's a bit too much! I'm usually a mellow, go-with-the-flow person, except when someone tells me I should do something. Then I get stubborn. If they don't back off, I get this horrible rage and want to kill them. When I was four and my mom would send me to my room, I'd get so mad I'd go outside and bang my head on the sidewalk. Haha! I've been modelling since I was 12, but everyone always assumed I was an actress, not a model, because I'm only 5' 7" -- I don't fit into a lot of the model clothes! I feel short when I'm around other models. But now everyone knows who i am since i'm the face of Guess, Maybelline and many other brands! My career all started when someone came up to me on a street in San Francisco and asked me to be in a Benetton fashion show. Then an agent scouted me at the show, and I joined an agency. Modeling's a love/hate relationship. The love is (the promise of) fame and fortune. The hate is that it's a big competition. I come home to my normal friends, and they keep me nice, so it doesn't go to my head. My advice for those that are interested in modeling -- if you are still in high school, finish; there is always time later on after you graduate to pursue modeling. I recommend being open minded because there is a lot to see and learn. It reminds us not to take life so seriously and that modeling is not as glamorous as it may seem. The main thing is to be yourself and people will follow you! I didn't always want to be a model, i wanted to be an actress! Or maybe the next Dr. Ruth...make that a hipper Dr. Ruth! Haha! I'm studying psychology at San Diego State but i'm taking a semester off to pursue my modeling career."

Thanks, shiyan, for the link to Jimmy Kimmel. My VCR wasn't working at that time, so I wasn't able to record it. ;)

That entry at Josie's MySpace looks like an interview that she did about 8 or 9 years ago. Now I believe that an imposter has done that site. Honestly, I think Josie would choose another name for her MySpace, and only share it with close friends, instead of the general public. She never publicly visited any of the forums, yet an inside source said that she did visit occasionally. ;)