Bellazon

Josie Maran

post-1004-0-1446134482-81265_thumb.jpg

post-1004-0-1446134482-96704_thumb.jpg

Breezy Mama dot com is a great website for moms and moms-to-be. They recently did an interview with Josie about momhood and makeup, which you can read below. Also, go to the original post to enter to win a complete set of maternity essentials including the Bella Band, Everyday Cami, Ruched Tank, Everywhere Pant and Skinny Skirt courtesy of Ingrid & Isabel.

As a mom to a four-year-old daughter, Josie Maran is no stranger to trying to look good in a hurry. In fact, the model who has appeared on magazine covers like Glamour and graced the infamous Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Editionseveral times, created her own make-up line with all natural and organic ingredients. She dishes with Breezy Mama on the products all mothers must have, whether she’s ready for another baby and more.

Chelsea: When did you start Josie Maran Cosmetics?

Josie: Two and a half years ago.

Chelsea: Congratulations. Can you tell us about it?

Josie: It’s healthy make-up, so it’s cosmetics that are all natural and non-toxic and organic. And the packaging is biodegradable and recyclable. So, it’s a very chic-cological make-up line.

Alex: I like that term. What’s your favorite product?

Josie: Argan oil – it’s our best seller and it’s just one ingredient, — Argan oil from Morocco. It’s a moisturizer for your face, your body, your baby…hair… everything.

Alex: Oh really? It’s for your baby, too?

Josie: Yep. Just one ingredient and 100% organic.

Chelsea: Does your line include eye shadow and lip-glosses?

Josie: We have the whole range… and Argan oil is in everything [laughs].

Chelsea: Do you have any tips for busy moms on how to get ready quickly in the morning?

Josie: Yeah, well, I love my tinted moisturizer because it’s lighter than a foundation and it totally evens out your skin. It has Argan oil in it and it’s 30 SPF. You literally just put it on and you are fresh and alive and ready to go. Add a little cream blush and lip-gloss and that’s it.

Chelsea: What about for night?

Josie: You’ve got to watch my tutorials for night [laughs]. I’m into the smokey eye thing, so just a little more drama in the corners and crease – you’ve gotta go for it. And mascara of course.

Chelsea: Are you married?

Josie: I have my four year old and my baby daddy is with me [today] and we’re together, but we’re not officially married.

Alex: What’s your 4 year old’s name?

Josie: Rumi. Rumi Joon.

Chelsea: We both have 4 year olds.

Josie: Really?

Chelsea: 4 is a hard age.

Josie: I’m liking it.

Chelsea: Are you?

Josie: Yeah.

Chelsea: Do you want more?

Josie: Right now, I love this age so I’m just getting the bug back to have another baby.

Chelsea: So you have the fever again?

Josie: [smiles] Yes. So, I’ll let you know.

• 4 weeks later...

post-29052-0-1446134493-60158_thumb.jpg

Model Josie Maran has spent plenty of time in makeup chairs—which is experience that came in handy when she started her own line, Josie Maran Cosmetics. Organic and natural ingredients in the moisturizers, mascara, blush, lip gloss, liner, and other beauty must-haves make for non-toxic products—many of which have more than one use, so you can condense your supply (and your morning routine). Now, Maran has partnered with Kelly Ripa for the Green Idea Swap: Along with Ripa, Zem Joaquin, and Anna Getty, Maran posts daily green tips on Ripa's website, Kelly Confidential, and for every tip you share, Electrolux appliances donates $1 to Global Green's sustainable building projects.

Planet Green: What's one cosmetics ingredient we should absolutely avoid?

Josie Maran: I avoid synthetic fragrances. Synthetic fragrances contain phthalates which are added to many cosmetics and beauty aids to increase flexibility and break down other ingredients, but studies have shown that phthalates can cause damage to the lungs, liver and kidneys, and to harm the developing testes of offspring!

PG: What's the first step in developing an eco-friendly beauty routine?

JM: Look for natural products that contain few ingredients. Less is more. Using products with the least amount of ingredients and additives ensures its natural purity. Josie Maran Argan Oil is 100% pure organic Argan Oil—nothing else. It's my "beauty secret", and the best lightweight all-natural moisturizer. And it's a great product to try when you first decide to go natural!

PG: Do you have a green motto?

JM: My motto is "luxury with a conscience." My line is all about high-performance makeup that is also eco-friendly and non-toxic.

PG:What's your favorite green tip?

JM: One of my favorite green tips is swapping synthetic go-to beauty products for multi-tasking products with added benefits! Think of all of the products you use for your hair, skin, body—even your hands and cuticles. Many are made with synthetic, harmful ingredients and are stored in plastic containers. Instead look for natural products that have multiple purposes and added benefits, like my 100% pure organic Argan Oil. It is rich in Vitamin E and Essential Fatty Acids and is a great daily moisturizer, not to mention great for cuticles, stretch marks, even eczema!

PG: What one at-home beauty treatment do you rely on the most?

JM: I love creating at-home remedies in my kitchen! One my favorites is my Avocado Hand Mask with organic Argan Oil. It softens and moisturizes my hands, cuticles, and nails. Here's how I make it: Use avocado as the creamy base, lemon for nail strength and Vitamin C, and Josie Maran Argan Oil for cuticle repair, moisture and hydration—it even helps nails grow! Mash up one half avocado and squeeze in the juice of one half lemon. Then add 5 drops of Josie Maran 100% pure organic Argan Oil. Mix well, then apply to the hands and let sit for 10 minutes for beautiful hands!

post-29052-0-1446134493-59525_thumb.jpg