Thumbnail

Layla90

Sometimes acredited as Lekalina

Hair color: brown

Eye color: blue

Date of birth: 27 July 1984

Place of birth: The Netherlands

Height: 5'9.5"; 176cm

Advertisements: Akris, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Orla Kiely, Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti

Magazine covers: Italy: 'Anna' - May 11th 2004

Fashion & beauty brands connected to Iekeliene Stange:

3.1 Philip Lim

Alberta Ferretti

Alexander McQueen

Anna Molinari

Anteprima

Atil Kutoglu

Balenciaga

Blugirl

Borbonese

Bottega Veneta

Bruno Pieters

Celine

Chaiken

Chanel

Chloe

Christian Dior

Costello Tagliapietra

Custo Barcelona

Diane von Furstenberg

DKNY

Dolce & Gabbana

Doo.Ri

Emanuel Ungaro

Emma Cook

Gucci

Guy Laroche

Hussein Chalayan

J. Mendel

James Coviello

Jill Stuart

John Galliano

John Rocha

Karen Walker

Karl Lagerfeld

Kenzo

Lanvin

Laura Biagiotti

Lela Rose

Louis Vuitton

Malo

Marc Jacobs

Matthew Williamson

MaxMara

Missoni

Monique Lhuillier

Nanette Lepore

Peter Som

Phi

Pollini

Pringle

Proenza Schouler

Rick Owens

Roberto Cavalli

Rodarte

Ruffian

Sass & Bide

Sinha-Stanic

Sonia Rykiel

Sophia Kokosalaki

Sportmax

Temperley

Thakoon

Viktor & Rolf

Willow

Y and Kei

Yohji Yamamoto

Yves Saint Laurent

source:

http://www.supermodels.nl/iekelienestange

http://www.fashionmodeldirectory.com/models/Lekalina_Stange

She was the beauty icon in december or january on style.com:

With cheekbones that could slice a seamless backdrop, a sharp exclamation point of a nose, and a strong cleft chin, there's no ignoring Dutch newcomer Iekeliene Stange. Name-makers Steven Meisel and Marc Jacobs are among those who've already taken notice of her otherworldly—some say "alien"—features. The former cast the 21-year-old as a dissipated hippie chick for a Vogue Italia shoot; the latter chose her to open one of the most talked-about shows of the season. Removing her Lucite-heeled shoes mid-catwalk at Marc didn't hurt her recognition factor, but Stange is as striking off-runway as she is on. She regularly arrives at castings in frilly vintage frocks, lens-less glasses, and ropes of beads that pay homage to her personal style icon, Snow White. If the gaze she casts on camera is sometimes frosty, her gap-toothed smile is as winsome as they come—just like the red dreadlocks she was sporting when she was discovered as a multimedia design student last year in Holland.

—Laird Borrelli

It's about time someone started her thread :clap:

Thanks Layla90 :flower:

I love Iekeliene's look :woot:

Finally new post here. Thanks Persuazn (or Andrea? How should I write to You? By Your name or user name?)!!!

Before I started this thread I was shocked there isn't thread about her :blink:

Mad Hatter

"I like crazy, colorful clothes," says Iekeliene (pronounced Ee-kel-een-ah) Stange, who counts Tokyo's Harajuku girls as a major style influence. It's easy to see how her quirky look caught the eye of Marc Jacobs. The designer—known for his taste in beyond-cool girls—handpicked the Dutch model to open his spring show. "My shoes weren't working out so I had to take them off and walk barefoot!" she says of the big moment. "But everyone cheered." If Iekeliene's jam-packed schedule is any indication, it's a sound she'd better get used to. —EVONNE GAMBRELL

from Teen Vogue's website

On Karen Walker show:

"This was a very 'Iekeliene' collection. The stripes, neon colors, bloomers, bowties, and not to mention this little hat that made me look even more Dutch."

On Costello Tagliapietra:

"I love the two designers (Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra) behind this label. They're super nice. They both dress in their cool lumberjack shirts and braces and have the most feminine and elegant designs."

After Marc Jacobs show:

"I had the first outfit and I wanted to do my best to make it look great. Unfortunately my shoes didn't agree with me. I decided it would be best to take them off and walk down and carry them in my hands. At least everyone got a good view of them."

(btw I would do the same :D)

On Y&Kei show:

"I got to open this show, which was great. The clothes were very sweet and angelic. I've always been a big fan of Korean designers."

On Matthew Williamson show:

"I was excited about this show from the time of the fitting. It's so colorful and there are so many nice patterns, details, and great accessories."

On Viktor&Rolf show:

"This was one of my favorite shows. Rufus Wainwright was singing, there were ballroom dancers, and a lot of the clothes are exactly what I'd like to have laying around in my closet."

On Karl Lagerfeld show:

"I loved my boyish, military-inspired outfit. And after the show I tried to run off with the dark wig. Unfortunately the hairdressers wouldn't let me have it."

On YSL show and its backstage:

"The catwalk was quite a spectacle since we had to walk over grass and violets and backstage was freezing. Luckily, designer Stefano Pilati warmed us up by giving us all hugs and rubbing our arms before we stepped out on the runway."

On Sonia Rykiel show:

"The atmosphere backstage was pretty fun. They were really trying to pump us up and make us energetic. What I loved most about the show were the patterns, funky shoes, and of course the tiaras!"

On Giambattista Valli show backstage:

"Backstage Giambattista gave me a short lesson on his muse for this collection, Peggy Guggenheim. He showed me her pictures and even let me keep a pair of glasses that were modeled after ones that she always used to wear."

On Alexander McQueen and Hussein Chalayan:

"It's great when designers—like Hussein Chalayan or Alexander McQueen—make their presentation really special. You walk on the runway feeling like a piece of art!"

On Lanvin show:

"In the beginning of the season, all of the hair was so natural and loose. But once I got to Paris, there were pots and pots of hair gel. I usually had to wash my hair numerous times in between shows."

"I would get to most shows only 15 minutes before and run into hair and makeup. There you can have up to 10 people working on you at the same time. I've gotten used to it, though. Most times I just relax and let them do what they have to do."

"I was never really into fashion before being scouted in Holland. I was a little punk rocker with red dreadlocks, a nose ring, and covered in rainbow bracelets. When I started modeling I kind of had to tame my style—just a little bit, of course."

"This season, Nokia gave me one of their latest cell phones to take photos for a London-based project. I took it everywhere and now people know me as the girl that's always sticking her camera in their face."

"During the shows, I don't get many hours of sleep. There have been several nights where I'll do fittings until six in the morning and only sleep for an hour before heading out to my first assignment."

"In rehearsals about five girls—including me—fell pretty badly. That's when designer Nicolas Ghesquière decided to change all of the shoes and have the whole runway sandpapered and covered in Coca-Cola to make it sticky. His trick worked because no one slipped and it turned out to be an amazing show."

"There are a few really cool girls out there that kind of fell into the business and are not really affected by it that much. Julia (Dunstall) for example has been working a lot, but she's still her rocking self."

Also from Teen Vogue's website :-)

Finally new post here. Thanks Persuazn (or Andrea? How should I write to You? By Your name or user name?)!!!

Before I started this thread I was shocked there isn't thread about her :blink:

You're welcome :flower:

Whichever u prefer :hehe:

I wasn't too shocked coz not many people no about her here :/

Iekeliene rocks :woot: