Bellazon

Alyssa Miller
Thumbnail

sedirea

• 2 weeks later...

So It Goes Magazine by Kristin Gallegos

Who would you cite as being your biggest musical influences?

I've always been inspired by the great story tellers in music, Kris Kristofferson, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Bill Withers, Townes van Zandt, John Prine, Guy Clark, Nina Simone, Emmylou Harris, Dolly Parton, too many to say really!

Was there a singular factor in your decision to step back from modelling?

I was just burnt out. I had been working since I was 14 with out a break. I needed time for some self discovery and to explore the things I never got to, due to working through my youth. It started with writing. I've been working with one of my closest friends and a fellow model on writing our stories down. There were just so many unbelievable things that we had experienced in our careers, both good and bad that we need we needed to flush out. We are now developing that into a series. But that very quickly led to songwriting. I was writing songs before I could really play guitar. There is just something very empowering about turning your very personal and sometimes painful experiences into art. 

How did living in the south affect you musically?

Living in Austin has been inspiring, a lot of the greats have come out of this town. Townes van Zandt, Guy Clark, Willie Nelson to name a few. There is a certain magic to it, you can see incredible live music here every night, you never know when you might see the next Gary Clark Jr. 

Do you have a particular method for songwriting?

I like to approach it with a story in mind. There is this formulaic approach to song writing now which I think is a shame. I try to be more free and think less about structure and more about what I'm trying to say. 

What song do you wish you had written?

I think something like 'Blowin' in the Wind', by Bob Dylan. It's just such a poignant song for the current state of the world. 

What inspires you (on a more general level)?

I'm inspired by my friends everyday, my beautiful and incredibly creative friends building businesses, building families, making art. 

What can we expect from you moving forward?

Well, I am about to release a line I designed with my close friend's brand, Understated Leather. Very excited for that. I hope to be filming my web series and releasing it this year, it's in development now! And of course music, I'm always working on that and will always be. So keep an eye out! As far as the long haul, who knows! I have a few things in mind, but isn't it nicer to keep the future wide open? 

7jqAA6Ys.jpg bu1efowP.jpg wX4ytxne.jpg Wfa39KSo.jpg sMCnWXSm.jpg dwsKjsAH.jpg zJq5DOz2.jpg cRLTJs4A.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I missed seeing Alyssa on the covers of magazine and seeing her on this cover was a happy surprise. Here's the full editorial

Elle Kazakhstan March 2017

Photographer: Masha Maltsava
Stylist: Bobette Cohn
Hair: Takuya Sugawara
Make-up: Fumiaki Nakagawa

alyssa_ek_cover.jpg alyssa_ek.jpg alyssa_ek2.jpg alyssa_ek3.jpg alyssa_ek5.jpg alyssa_ek6.jpg alyssa_ek7.jpg alyssa_ek8.jpg

Source: bobettecohn.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2017 at 1:30 AM, whysper said:

I missed seeing Alyssa on the covers of magazine and seeing her on this cover was a happy surprise. Here's the full editorial

Elle Kazakhstan March 2017

Photographer: Masha Maltsava
Stylist: Bobette Cohn
Hair: Takuya Sugawara
Make-up: Fumiaki Nakagawa

alyssa_ek_cover.jpg alyssa_ek.jpg alyssa_ek2.jpg alyssa_ek3.jpg alyssa_ek5.jpg alyssa_ek6.jpg alyssa_ek7.jpg alyssa_ek8.jpg

Source: bobettecohn.com

Beautiful! 

Thank you fot this <3

• 3 weeks later...