Bellazon

2023 SI Swimsuit

6 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

too fit and pretty for them 😍

Not just them, Penny's modeling career has gone nowhere it seems and she literally looks like she could have been the cover model for SI in the 1980s, 1990s, 2000s.

On 5/16/2023 at 6:34 AM, TheDude2k said:

In summary, here's the criteria to make it into their issue:

• Chonky 

• Near retirement age 

• Used to be a dude 

• No longer in their prime 

• Hot 

I think it's a really good summary :rofl:

On 5/17/2023 at 6:33 PM, frenchkiki said:

Laetitia Casta Calzedonia S/S 2023 campaign looks 100x better than all of this.

She just turned 45

laetitia-casta-bikini-animalier.jpg.a8ed61f96e0af34054d9c7ef99ef6b24.thumb.jpg.a6f943fe9801691f38dd2ddbe64c1716.jpg laetitiacasta4.webp.4f66189ce96c83fca24d5f8b603b0f5a.thumb.jpg.3f7ece9b01c6d3640d913598d873c09c.jpg

Megan Fox looks bad.

I want to sue her because of what she did to her face.

Yeah but she is a GOAT level model and the art design and photography in that shoot actually looks good. None of these things are still important to SI, it seems.

I didn't even know this thing was out until Martha's cover -unfortunately- made it to my instagram feed and the only thing I can say is: I hate it. I hate absolutely everything this trash magazine has become. The only shoot with any sort of redeeming qualities is Duckie Thot, the rest are either incredibly unattractive women, attractive women in horrible swimsuits or horrible styling and editing. 

I have come to the conclusion that this is intentionally and deliberately bad, because you cannot be so consistently incompetent across the board.

That being said, transphobia is not okay, so I've deleted a couple of comments on that, you know who you are so please stop making those comments.

29 minutes ago, Clauds said:

I have come to the conclusion that this is intentionally and deliberately bad, because you cannot be so consistently incompetent across the board.

Oh you can, MJ and her entire team are happy with this approach to the magazine. Diane was the one keeping the magazine in check, and then MJ elbowed her out and the magazine slowly shifted to a "magazine for women by women" and this "progressive" bullshit was just the boost she needed to sell the magazine to Karens and younger generations who want "points" for being "progressive". I called this slippery slope 10 years ago with the magazine, and with VS's "plus sized models" first gracing their pictures. It was all downhill from there. I can't say how I know.... but apparently there is an editorial license for 10 years for the publisher group, so maybe when that license is up they will push for bigger sales and MJ will have to begin to revert back to how Diane did it? Who knows, fingers crossed though. The BS started in 06/2015, was sold in 2018 by Time Warner, so we got 5 more years for sure :( I was informed by he or she who will not be named that the models praising the magazine on SI IG are and I quote - "All the other SM buzz from models is just to keep the myth, and their careers, alive, playing the game"

13 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Oh you can, MJ and her entire team are happy with this approach to the magazine. Diane was the one keeping the magazine in check, and then MJ elbowed her out and the magazine slowly shifted to a "magazine for women by women" and this "progressive" bullshit was just the boost she needed to sell the magazine to Karens and younger generations who want "points" for being "progressive". I called this slippery slope 10 years ago with the magazine, and with VS's "plus sized models" first gracing their pictures. It was all downhill from there. I can't say how I know.... but apparently there is an editorial license for 10 years for the publisher group, so maybe when that license is up they will push for bigger sales and MJ will have to begin to revert back to how Diane did it? Who knows, fingers crossed though. The BS started in 06/2015, was sold in 2018 by Time Warner, so we got 5 more years for sure :( I was informed by he or she who will not be named that the models praising the magazine on SI IG are and I quote - "All the other SM buzz from models is just to keep the myth, and their careers, alive, playing the game"

That's exactly what I mean tho, it's not mistake that the entire is so bad. I fully believe they put the women in those nasty swimsuits to make them look worse, more "relatable", because those who are better-than-average looking look terrible here and there's absolutely no way it's a coincidence.

I am ready for this to die, it's time to let it go. They need to take a look at VS and let it go, take a break for a few years and maybe come back in a few years with a fresh team.

13 minutes ago, Clauds said:

That's exactly what I mean tho, it's not mistake that the entire is so bad. I fully believe they put the women in those nasty swimsuits to make them look worse, more "relatable", because those who are better-than-average looking look terrible here and there's absolutely no way it's a coincidence.

I am ready for this to die, it's time to let it go. They need to take a look at VS and let it go, take a break for a few years and maybe come back in a few years with a fresh team.

Same, I just don't care about the magazine anymore, and I personally cannot relate to it. First off who the hell is going to wear many of these suits? They just aren't realistic..... (psst, many swimsuit designers are now longer sending in suits, so MJ is picking from the bottom of the barrel at this point). None of us have won the genetic lottery in terms of having that perfect body, so we should be able to see ourselves in these suits on the more "realistic" body types, but I just find it gross at this point when 75% of the magazine is "real bodies", or those with health issues. Again, I'm not perfect, so I want to relate... it's not happening.

They desperately need new photographers, new photoshoppers, and a new direction. Enough with the yellow washed pictures at boring beaches that all look the same, no more ugly ass swimsuits, unattractive models, boring pictures, boring poses... boring... boring... boring.  Also.... the new thing about having a "dreamy" filter over the pictures ain't it MJ

Because SI sucks hard at picking locations, here ya go MJ

Iceland's Blue Lagoon

image.png

image.png

The Subway, Zion National Park Utah

image.png

image.png

Cascate del Mulino, Saturnia, Italy

image.pngimage.png

Pamukkale Hot Springs, Turkey

image.png

image.png

The Hidden Canyons of the Blue Mountains, Australia

image.png

image.png

Witches Gulch, Wisconsin

image.png

image.png

Waitomo Glowworm Caves, New Zealand (+ Glow & the dark body paint and neon bikinis = WIN)

image.png

image.png

Cave Of Crystals, Mexico

image.png

image.png

Reed Flute Cave, Guilin, China

image.png

image.png

Vatnajokull Glacier Cave, Iceland

image.png

image.png

Jeita Grotto, Lebanon

image.png

image.png

Pink Sand Beach in the Bahamas

image.png

image.png

Gulpiyuri Beach, Llanes, Spain

image.png

image.png

Vik Beach, Iceland

image.png

image.png

Vaadhoo Island in the Maldive (+ Glow in the dark paints and bikinis)

image.png

image.png

Cano Cristales, Colombia

image.png

image.png

Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia

image.png

image.png

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

image.png

Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, the largest tree's in the world and a quick stop to Yosemite National Park

image.pngimage.png

image.pngimage.png

Secret Cove Beach in OR with it's waterfall on the beach

image.png

image.png

There are so many stunning places on earth..... but we get a cut and paste beach every time. Thanks for at least going to Yellowstone & Wyoming.... it was something different

As far as that place in Italy, I used to live kinda close by and I can tell you that they usually don't give it out for photoshoots because it's a thermal place, a hot springs, pretty much. At the most they can give out are some parts of the building, but not the pools themselves. Like I don't think they are able to ask permission to do photoshoots in a cave or a national park/protected areas from humans.

And imo, bikinis in general look bad on every kind of girl, whether you're a model or a normal person.