Bellazon

Laura Osnes
Thumbnail

lauramc9.jpg

Laura Osnes (born c. 1985) is an American stage actress, and the winner of the role of "Sandy" on the televised Grease: You're the One That I Want competition. She will play Sandy in the 2007 Broadway run of Grease (musical), starring alongside the other winner, Max Crumm, who will play the role of Danny Zuko.

Biography

Laura Osnes was born and raised in Eagan, Minnesota. Her first acting performance was in the second grade, where she played a munchkin in The Wizard of Oz. She attended Eagan High School where she was active in various school activities including Eagan High School choir, Eagan AM and, Eagan Theatre productions such as Encore!, Pippin, The Miracle Worker, and Peter Pan.

In 2003, Osnes appeared at the Children's Theater Company in Minneapolis, in the role of Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. She received the Minneapolis Star Tribune's annual award for "Outstanding Youth Performer of the Year" for this role.

She attended the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point for one year where she majored in Musical Theatre. (Appearing in Fiddler on the Roof, and Seussical the Musical)

In 2005-2006 she returned to Minneapolis to be a performing apprentice at the Children's Theater Company. CTC productions included Working, Aladdin Jr., Prom, and Pippi Longstocking.

She then recaptured the title role of Peter Pan in Eagan community theatre's 2006 summer production, where she soared around the stage to stun audiences with her captivating acrobatics, as well as choreographing the show.

In 2006 she played the lead of Sandy in Chanhassen Dinner Theatre's production of Grease. Her run was cut short however when she was chosen to compete in the nationally televised Broadway talent competition Grease: You're the One That I Want!

Laura is engaged to be married in May 2007.

On March 25, 2007, Laura Osnes won Grease: You're the One That I Want."

Performance on Grease: You're The One That I Want

Laura has repeatedly been named a top contender for the role of Sandy by the show's panel of judges. She's never been in the bottom two "Sandys," either. Laura is nicknamed "Small Town Sandy" in the show, which is ironic, since Eagan is a suburb of Minneapolis. Minneapolis is one of the fifty largest cities in the U.S. Although the judges didn't seem to notice Laura at first, she was subsequently named a finalist in the competition on March 18, 2007.

Laura is originally from Minnesota, so she is notable in Minnesota since she's been on Grease: You're The One That I Want. Laura has had articles in one of Minnesota's main newspapers, the Star Tribune about her performances on Grease: You're The One That I Want.

On Sunday, March 25, 2007, on NBC's Grease: You're the One That I Want, Laura won the role of "Sandy" in the new Broadway performance of "Grease". She is paired up with Max Crumm, who is playing "Danny" with her.

Notable performances

Madeline's Rescue, 1997

The Music Man, 2002

The Wizard of Oz (Dorothy), 2003

Grease (musical) (Sandy), 2006

Upcoming:

Grease (musical) (Sandy), 2007

Source:Wikipedia