Bellazon

Walking time!

Tania82

Years begore, I went everyday at gym and I enjoyed. But last 7 months I couldn't go and I decide walk everyday 1 or 2 hours, special cold days, somedays, long excursions to beach, mountain or leaving cv to work. I feel  really healthy, and slimmer. Maybe not perfect body, but good and nice.

What do you think about long walks like exercise or sport?

On 5/4/2022 at 5:20 AM, Tania82 said:

What do you think about long walks like exercise or sport?

I don't go to the gym.  I lift weights 3 hrs a week (4 sessions) and total about 8-10 hours of walking a week.  I've been doing this for years.  With this time I use it to work on audiobooks and have completed countless books while walking.  It is very productive for me.

I think walking is great, as it doesn't damage the knees long term compared to jogging.  It also doesn't increase stress hormones the way long jogs do so you end up feeling more happy as a whole with the circulation and positive hormones.  The only downside to walking is that it takes a lot more time than running and you won't burn as many calories.  But the benefits are overall a lot great IMHO and it is much easier to be consistent with it.

I walk either in the neighborhood or I go to a park (5-10 min away from my house).  This 550 acre park straddles a river and has several lakes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...