Bellazon

help me please

KingSupra

hey everyone. this is sort of a weird question but like you do you ladies deal with like the whole super model thing? uh... i guess how you can envy them yet still be comfortable with yourself?

but like in my situtation my girlfriend has know about my old obession with adriana lima for a while now. she has always been mad but recently she has gone over board about it. like she is always saying she isn't pretty. how she doesn't have adriana's eyes. how she isn't as tall as her. she's thinking now she has to be adriana... i jsut need a way to prove to her that im not obessed with her anymore. like if you have been here for a while you would how i use to be. but if stopped. i would always be on here looking for pics and stuff. but oyu know i just need a girlie's point of view on this i guess. any help would be nice. thanks in advance!!!

hey everyone. this is sort of a weird question but like you do you ladies deal with like the whole super model thing? uh... i guess how you can envy them yet still be comfortable with yourself?

but like in my situtation my girlfriend has know about my old obession with adriana lima for a while now. she has always been mad but recently she has gone over board about it. like she is always saying she isn't pretty. how she doesn't have adriana's eyes. how she isn't as tall as her. she's thinking now she has to be adriana... i jsut need a way to prove to her that im not obessed with her anymore. like if you have been here for a while you would how i use to be. but if stopped. i would always be on here looking for pics and stuff. but oyu know i just need a girlie's point of view on this i guess. any help would be nice. thanks in advance!!!

she is obviously insecure, maybe b/c of the fact that you had an obsession with Adriana, or she thinks her looks aren't good enough for you. just keep it cool and maybe try to draw your attention at her, and don't let her catch you looking at some Lima stuff..lol! :wave: :wave: (like you said, you're over it)

I don't have a vagina but I'll give you my two cents.

Thing is, that's crazy insecurity, I mean, you know everyone has their celebrity obsessions, but things don't usually get to this kind of stage.

You know, unless you are a supermodel, or want to be a model, or jesus, unless you happen to be perfect and know it there is always something you're going to aspire to, you hear all the time models wanting bits and pieces of other famous women.

It's a girly thing, There is no feasible explanation for it, the best you can do is make her feel as comfortable in her own skin as possible, I'm sure you're already trying but it may take something special, the fact you gave up your obsession for one of the worlds most beautiful women assumingly for her should say a lot.

You need to talk it through, men and girls have crushes on other people, simple as that, you have to trust your partner and that's PRETTY fucking easy when your obsession is a famous supermodel.

It can't come to anything, people are carnal, but that means they also know what they want.

i really get where your gf is comming from....Damn Adriana lima making the rest of the world feel bad with her perfect hair and perfect skin and perfect body and perfect face and perfect personality. I would feel the same if my boyfriend was like that.

But you know you can't blame yourself because even with out your "obsession" she still is going to feel bad about it. It could be something deaper then just your obsession. And even with out Adriana lima their is a handful of other perfect models to feel bad about.

All you can do is tell her you love her and only want her and her eyes are beautiful and do special things for her annd tell her you do them because your obsessed with her (in a caring way not fatal attraction kinda thing). Don't mention her either. But you can't blame yourself because it might not be your fault...you just gotta show her you care. And if its really bad you need to talk to a professional.

Just think how you would feel if she was obsessed with Marios Lekkas or something.

• 4 weeks later...

My boyfriend is kind of like that with Josie Maran ( granted I adore Josie too, but I'm a loving girlfriend and have my jealous moments ). He says he's not obsessed ( liar! ). But, he's sweet with me, always telling me how beautiful I am and how much he loves me. And I'm old enough and mature enough to know that she's a supermodel and he will never meet her and nothing will ever happen. Not to mention, supermodels are made to look perfect all the time. They have professional hair, make-up, and photographers, not to mention stylists and anything else! And another thing: Airbrushing.

You just have to reassure her. It's hard not to look at these gorgeous women and compare yourself ( when you're a girl ), but you just gotta keep yourself level-headed. My boyfriend thinks it's so silly when I get jealous, but he always reassures and that means a lot.

^this happened to me too, but moiselles, you're a very beautiful girl, don't have to worry at all...for me....hmmm...Yea...my boyfriend adores BoA (korean singer) and you know, BoA is cute and I'm...like SH**...So I get jealous most of the time, plus the fact that I don't have small eyes and small lips like BoA or any chi/jap/korean girls...made me feel worse!...especially now that her ads for Fasio is all over the place!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that's what often happens if you have an insecure girlfriend and you tell her how beautiful you think Adriana is. It's dangerous, especially if she agrees with you. It could become an obsession, which in her case happened. I was like that years ago (14/15 I believe) :cain: I'm blonde and have grey eyes. I was completely obsessed with Dark Angel at the time, I just loved the series and I envied jessica Alba's looks, which resulted in hating my own looks. I hated the color of my hair and I wished my eyes were of a darker color and my face had a different shape. Simply said, I wished I was her. Because she was beautiful and I was always told I was not. <_<

In the end I shook it off, because I knew that this was me and this was how it was going to be the rest of my life. I just have to make the best of it. Today I don't think I'm beautiful, but I'm comfortable with myself. "Be yourself, everyone else is already taken," is my motto ;)

You should tell your girlfriend you love her for who SHE is. :yes: Copying someone else results in at best becoming a bad version of the person you want to be like. Tell her that though yes, Adriana may be gorgeous, she can never beat your gf's personality and that it'd be a shame if that would get lost in her obsession with adri. I bet she probably also likes some male model or actor. Say maybe Johnny Depp, or Eugen Bauder or Marios Lekkas. Tell her you also feel comfortable with yourself, though you might not have the looks of [fill in for yourself.] and that you would like her to feel the same way about herself. Beauty is just a temporary thing. It's nice while it lasts and you should try to look your best but that's it. In the end it's your persona that counts. And be honest, Adri's funny faces and bubble-brained displays isn't all that, now is it? ;)

And compliment her about her looks. Don't take it overboard; just say something nice about the hairdo that took her ages or her choice of clothing, etc. Or invite her to go somewhere with you because it's no fun without her. Coming from a girl; things like that always brightens up my day.

Good luck!

in the end, your body's nothing but a sack of skin and bones.

we, the young, cling to the thought that, if we are pretty we will

be liked. but i'm very sure that everybody can be pretty.

you have to realize that the thoughts and feelings you have about

yourself are reflected and so noticed by other people. simply

accept your body, your face, enjoy it.

if you do so, people sense that, unnoticed and you'll become a whole

lot more beautiful than you already are..