Bellazon

U2
Thumbnail

TeeKay

Right so here it is, i am surprised that no one posted anything about this amazing Irish band, in which consists of Bono (aka Paul Hewson), The Edge (aka David Howell Evans), Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr.

formed in 1976, U2 is one of the most well known band in the world, not only because of their music, but also becasue of their involvment, especially Bono himself, in trying to get countries in Africa out of debts, encouraging people to help fight against aids :blush:

I love their songs mostly because their are much more easy listening than other rock bands, and also the lyrics that makes you think. some of the songs are pretty political, and that's why their proposed tour to china was rejected :yuckky: *what the gov did was an absolutely disgrace to the chinese* :yuckky: otherwise my old man and i would have one of our lifelong wishes granted :cry:

i am still determine to take my dad to see their concert one day :blush:

anyway enough said, here are some of their pictures^^:D

post-10175-0-1445985332-90122_thumb.jpg u2.jpg

post-10175-0-1445985333-1328_thumb.jpg

feel free to chat about anything about them!! :wave: :laugh:

I love them too, but I wish they had called it quits after Achtung Baby. That was their best record and tour. I haven't cared much for their albums after that, with the possible exception of "All that you can't leave behind". Which was pretty much a retrospective itself of their 1980s work.

well sometimes it's not about how good or how much money you earn right? :blush:

Why on earth wasn't there a thread yet? :blink: They are amazing, I love One the most :hehe:

well, you will have to ask them! :whistle:

I love One too, and there are so many songs of theirs i love that i cannot possibly tell you all of them^^:D :laugh:

Why on earth wasn't there a thread yet? :blink: They are amazing, I love One the most :hehe:

yep, tooooo trrrruuuueee :laugh: :laugh:

do you like them too? :drool:

i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

which is your favourite song from them? :wave:

i love u2! one of the greatest bands in the world!

I agree!!!^^:D but i say they are THE greatest!!! :blush: :laugh:

yep, tooooo trrrruuuueee :laugh: :laugh:

do you like them too? :drool:

i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

which is your favourite song from them? :wave:

i love u2! one of the greatest bands in the world!

I agree!!!^^:D but i say they are THE greatest!!! :blush: :laugh:

Vertigo! The Best!

from that album, i think "sometimes you cant make it on your own" and "city of blinding lights" are the best, then "miracle drug", "Original Of The Species" and "vertigo"

by the way, what do you think of the song they made with greenday?

and the new songs in U218, with "window in the skies" being one of them? :wave:

• 4 weeks later...

Cheeeses crist, I'm their biggest fan EVER! Seriously, i know every song, every lyric, i know all about them, have all cd's, concert-dvd's and all :) I love them so much.. Their music thouch me like nothing else, it's wierd, but i sorta feel a special connection to them. Hard to explain

They deserve all credit they can get for being so amazing, not just as the band, but also as persons. All they do for charity and for suffering human all over the world is just amazing, fantastic. And Bono is my favourite-person in the whole world, I adore him soo much.

AND I recently got my brand new iPod U2-edition :) Best ever <3

• 2 weeks later...
Cheeeses crist, I'm their biggest fan EVER! Seriously, i know every song, every lyric, i know all about them, have all cd's, concert-dvd's and all :) I love them so much.. Their music thouch me like nothing else, it's wierd, but i sorta feel a special connection to them. Hard to explain

They deserve all credit they can get for being so amazing, not just as the band, but also as persons. All they do for charity and for suffering human all over the world is just amazing, fantastic. And Bono is my favourite-person in the whole world, I adore him soo much.

AND I recently got my brand new iPod U2-edition :) Best ever <3

cool! i love U2, and indeed i have everyone of their albums and DVDs, my dad even had some of the old phonograph record!^^:D

but i must admit, i dont know every song and better even, every LYRICS!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yeah, i admire them not only because of their music, but them as a person as well!!

god, i wanted that one so badly! i only have the old one, the first version of U2 iPod, the one that doesn't even have a coloured screen! :blush:

The Edge sold his favourite guitar in a charity fund raising.

The favourite guitar of U2's The Edge has been sold at an auction that raised about $2.4m (£1.2m) for a charity set up in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

The Gibson Les Paul used on every U2 tour since 1985 sold for $240,000 (£120,000)

Article in full:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6580901.stm

God it must be so hard to part with your personal favourite, and after all of these concerts! :cry: :blush:

• 1 year later...