Bellazon

SHOP LIFTING?...

I LOVE ADRIANA

I used to have a problem with shoplifting. We're not a terribly rich family (not poor either, upper middle class I guess) but I always felt guilty about asking my parents for more shopping money than I thought they could afford to give me. I stole clothes, lingerie, makeup, jewelry, and once a pair of shoes. This was all in sophomore-junior year. The first time I stole something, I could really feel the tension and adrenaline building up as I neared the security scanners at the door, and when I passed them without setting anything off (I didn't know that no security tag=no beeping at the time) I felt this incredible feeling of...well I don't know, just a "rush" I guess like Brasil 816 said. Afterwards I grew a lot bolder and stole shirts, sweaters, pants, pretty much anything I could get away with. I would always buy something from the store too, partly out of guilt and partly to familiarize myself with the process there. No one ever suspected me of anything. The makeup was ridiculous since I didn't really wear any, but I would steal some and give it to my mom or friends or something.

Then I got a job at Forever 21 and I saw so many of my coworkers stealing stuff. I never got up the nerve to. I thought it was too risky to do it from my workplace. If anything, I probably should have started stealing more because I knew how hard it was to earn a lousy $6.50 an hour, then to have the government take away a chunk of even that.

But I didn't and now I don't steal anymore at all, partly due to the fact that I'll be 18 soon and if I do get caught it would be a lot more serious, but mostly because I do feel bad about what I did. I guess my mom's parenting eventually won out because I didn't feel like the guilt and potential consequences were worth the free stuff. Would I say that I don't still feel tempted? No, that would be an absolute lie. Once you do it, you never want to pay for anything again. Some stores are so stupid about their merchandise that I feel like "Well if they're not going to bother putting security tags on their stuff, I'm not going to bother paying." But, I tell myself that it's the wrong thing to do, and I resist. Sometimes I have to remove myself from the situation to avoid the temptation. I haven't stolen anything since this last Victoria's Secret display, so I'm pretty proud about myself for that.

hehe this is like the only serious post about shoplifting in this thread.. :blink:

• 5 months later...
Guest quasicartes
So I shoplift. Not ashamed to admit it. The way me and my friends do it is that we take what we "need" but not so much that anyone's gotten fucked over--I don't shoplift expensive shit... I think the most expensive individual item I've ever lifted is under 15 bucks (although I have done large pulls with friends where the total is alot higher). But anyway here's a story. not my most interesting shoplifting story, but the most recent...

The other day me and a couple friends were chilling in a park and I cut my hand, so we go to the nearest bodega, I find a box of Band-Aids, go to the back of the store, and slip a couple into my pocket. I leave the box in the back and ask the clerk if he has a bathroom I can wash my hand off in. He gives me a dirty look, points to my backpaack, and says "put back what you took" in a very angry generic-eastern-european accent. I say "huh?" at which point the stock boy brings the band-aids back to the front and shows the clerk that I didn't put it in my pack. The guy gives me an even dirtier look and tells me they don't have a bathroom. We leave and I have more than enough band-aids, yet not so many I ripped anyone off. My friends, who were waiting in the front of the store, said that the clerk was watching me the whole time, yet he didn't see me take the band-aids...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's the point of stealing cheap stuff? You got talent, use it for pickpocketing!

Guest quasicartes
That would be wrong. One of my closest friends is an anarchist and he's the one who got me into lifting. But unlike what most people may think of anarchists, they're actually good-natured, kind people who just have a different way of dealing with society. So the point/outcome of stealing shouldn't be practiced in a manner in which someone else loses (unless it's the rich, who usually don't work at Longs Drugs at 10 at night...). So I steal bags of candy, shoe laces, band-aids, etc. Not enough to fuck over some poor shlub working a shit job to barely get by in taking care of his family, but enough to make it worth it...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As long as you don't pickpocket from old ladies, it's alright.

Stealing candies from shop isn't even worth it.

Guest quasicartes
It's worth it when you take 5 big ol' bags full of candies and you're hungry as fuck with a bunch of other kids...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Loads of candies on an empty stomach? That's suicidal!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Yeah, I'm too chicken to cheat and therefore way too chicken to shop-lift.

I would feel really guilty about it too, I don't know. Some people have a problem with it, so I've learned from watching that "Dr. Phil" show there a couple of times out of horrible boredom :ninja: honestly

OH wait ! I have shoplifted... this is really stupid but it was when I was about 2 in Ontario. I was at the mall with my mom and dad and I walked out of the story with a tricycle but the alarm didn't go off. We kept it.. :ninja: So, I've done enough lifting in a life time now

• 1 year later...

We went to Target the other day. Because the huge clothes basket wouldn't fit in the shopping cart, one of us had to hold it and to save space, we threw a few things inside (which i think would cost more than $120). It turned out that the cashier forgot to check what's inside the basket (we didn't notice either as to this point). When we came out of Target, the censor rang and a security stopped us. After asking for the receipt and checking a few things, he let us go. Once again, the sensor rang but the guy told us to just keep going and ignored the thing. I was the only one to realize what's going on by then. For a moment, i thought i should come back and tell the cashier but that idea easily faded away in 2s, such idiots don't deserve my time and energy. What kind of a stupid cashier to make such a huge mistake and what kind of a moron that security is to even check, still didn't find out what was wrong. I love Target still.