Bellazon

Renee Simonsen
Thumbnail

nanook351

U.S. ROYAL SILK Holiday 1986 catalog cover - no idea if there is something on her inside as well, got this lose cover only.

post-21846-1222882838_thumb.jpg

I had that catalog and I believe she was featured..........thanks missp :wave:

THANKS for the info jal718! You´re always welcome!! :wave: So the search for this catalog will go on. :yuckky:

What ever happened to all this original Renée stuff you post scans of here?

U.S. ROYAL SILK Holiday 1986 catalog cover - no idea if there is something on her inside as well, got this lose cover only.

THANKS for the info jal718! You´re always welcome!! :wave: So the search for this catalog will go on. :yuckky:

I put it on Ebay and got $1,200 for it!

Oh, must have missed this. Was it long ago? And this ROYAL SILK stuff had been within? I remember one auction in October 2004 which went for $1.009. Also a danish magazine had a short report about it! I remember this ULTRA cover had been in the auction first, but later was removed as the webmaster of www.reneesimonsen.com has told the seller Renée itself has asked for the cover. :whistle: A friend of mine did a bid of $999 by mistake (in Europe we enter a comma and not a point before the cent - that´s what she explained me what happened). So that was the reason why it got so high. I also tried my luck, but couldn´t compete with this other guy who was bidding that time huge amounts for Renée stuff I just could dream of having on my bank account. He got it and I was soooooo sad that time having no chance to get this collection. :cry:

Oh, must have missed this. Was it long ago? And this ROYAL SILK stuff had been within? I remember one auction in October 2004 which went for $1.009. Also a danish magazine had a short report about it! I remember this ULTRA cover had been in the auction first, but later was removed as the webmaster of www.reneesimonsen.com has told the seller Renée itself has asked for the cover. :whistle: A friend of mine did a bid of $999 by mistake (in Europe we enter a comma and not a point before the cent - that´s what she explained me what happened). So that was the reason why it got so high. I also tried my luck, but couldn´t compete with this other guy who was bidding that time huge amounts for Renée stuff I just could dream of having on my bank account. He got it and I was soooooo sad that time having no chance to get this collection. :cry:

Yes, that was my collection in 04. I did send the Ultra cover to this Silvana for Renee and asked for an autograph which of course I never did recieve :angry: Turns out this Silvana is not very well liked even by Renee I'm told, but I have the Ultra scan which is fine. The guy who bought my stuff lived in California and I think his name was Jose or something like that.

post-16241-1223057655_thumb.jpg

That is a great Ultra cover.

Yes, that was my collection in 04. ...

Hey, that's neat! (If I can sound like such an old fart {there doesn't seem to be an emoticon for "old fart" [possibly a good thing]})

John, just out of pure curiosity, do you still have a copy of the picture you used in your eBay ad? I'm trying to picture that collection, and I think it must have been quite, quite impressive.

That is a great Ultra cover.
Yes, that was my collection in 04. ...

Hey, that's neat! (If I can sound like such an old fart {there doesn't seem to be an emoticon for "old fart" [possibly a good thing]})

John, just out of pure curiosity, do you still have a copy of the picture you used in your eBay ad? I'm trying to picture that collection, and I think it must have been quite, quite impressive.

No Steve I don't but I do remember using a German Vogue cover and some ed's.

Bloomingdale's continued - the last part.

post-15680-1222811863_thumb.jpgpost-15680-1222811927_thumb.jpgpost-15680-1222811983_thumb.jpg

I have a few more from the webmaster of www.reneesimonsen.com, but only small size. Do you have these, too? Or are they from another bloomingdale´s catalog?

post-21846-1222881395_thumb.jpg post-21846-1222881445_thumb.jpg post-21846-1222881484_thumb.jpg post-21846-1222881513_thumb.jpg post-21846-1222881528_thumb.jpg

:blush: Sorry for responding sooo late, I've been very busy these days. The pictures are all from the same catalog, and I still have it. I can scan and post them bigger in a few days if you want me to. :wave:

Yes, that was my collection in 04. I did send the Ultra cover to this Silvana for Renee and asked for an autograph which of course I never did recieve :angry: Turns out this Silvana is not very well liked even by Renee I'm told, but I have the Ultra scan which is fine. The guy who bought my stuff lived in California and I think his name was Jose or something like that.

post-16241-1223057655_thumb.jpg

Ah, I do remember you! You had been so nice to send me the scan of the ULTRA cover that time. I felt horrible as I knew she would cheat you. If it is "a quantum of solace", you were not the only one who got dissapointed by her. Yes, Joselito won the auction. I think he is still active on ebay, but rarely buys Renée stuff now - for my luck! But after getting your big collection what else does he need more? Here is FOR YOU the article which appeared in the danish KIG IND magazine (sorry, no date - got it in January 2005), not big, but in a way you had been famous for a little while in Denmark! :)

post-21846-1223207550_thumb.jpg

It says: "RENÈE TOFT SIMONSEN, psychologist and author, is still high priced by her fans. An american paid at one go in an ebay-auction over $1.000 for a scrapbook which included multiple clippings and covers from Elle, Vogue, Harpers Bazaar and other fashion magaines."

Not sure if this is new to you guys are not from my collection Aziza display ad from 1985. I kept only the photo portion of it.

Enjoy!

ABSOLUTELY NEW to me! From the moment on I´ve seen this here I didn´t even know this exists! Wow! Thanks so much DaunaD1!

Do I need to add I am interested if you ever sell? :drool:

But these Aziza pics never appeared in any mags., because I´ve heard only the word "display" getting along with them?

Hm, just they spend a bit too much make-up-work on her eyes.

Not sure if this is new to you guys are not from my collection Aziza display ad from 1985. I kept only the photo portion of it.

Enjoy!

ABSOLUTELY NEW to me! From the moment on I´ve seen this here I didn´t even know this exists! Wow! Thanks so much DaunaD1!

Do I need to add I am interested if you ever sell? :drool:

But these Aziza pics never appeared in any mags., because I´ve heard only the word "display" getting along with them?

Hm, just they spend a bit too much make-up-work on her eyes.

I'm glad it was new to you. Compared to your collection I'm sure I have very little that you don't have. You are very lucky to have the major collection you do.

As far as the displays, they were from actual displays at cosmetic counters. The first two that I posted The Revlon and Aziza are on hard cardboard stock. The last one I was able to remove it from Hard Plastic. The reason her eyes are so made up was because it was for an eyeliner that could change the color as you drew the line on your eye.