Bellazon

General gaming talk

Enrico_sw

Gaming is the first entertainment industry. By far. :weightlift:

1932912000_Gamingindustryv3.thumb.jpeg.f70ce966a438a9f3c495b626fe1b0091.jpeghttps://www.bellazon.com/main/uploads/monthly_2021_08/962433820_Gamingindustry.JPG.fda5160ffd5b52d90de8988828dfcdbd.JPG

Let's make this place a haven for little chats between big friends in this huge jungle.:guitar:

Every opinion on anything related to gaming is welcome and encouraged here. :heythere: Let's have some fun, folks!

• Enrico_sw changed the title to General gaming talk
19 hours ago, Matt! said:

Can't wait for this one, just finished Outlast II a month ago! :bounce:

I don't know much about survival horror (except maybe The last of us part 1), but I like SF stuff (like Alien, Predator, etc.) What do you think of this game?

On 8/26/2021 at 5:20 PM, Enrico_sw said:

This game is going to be huge!

It has some kind of Sekiro vibes:Kung_fu_wft: (and the story behind it comes from a famous Chinese book - that inspired Dragon Ball too)

This is the game form of the "Monkey King", one of the big epic classics of China along with "Water Margin" and "Romance of the Three Kingdoms".  The game form of "Three Kingdoms" is the Dynasty warriors game series.  

b083fe9562de181bdb8e12.jpg

The Chinese Opera form of Monkey King is pretty cool, with a lot of acrobatics and martial arts

monkey-opera.jpgbhLsWaPKPKKJTsZbIwqC0KLKZ1pakjYeGzOg91Q_

I think some elements of Monkey King were probably in Sekiro, like the Journey to the West.  In Monkey King the journey is to gain Buddhist knowledge.

I like Monkey King and Water Margin.  IMHO Water Margin is the coolest of the three, as there are dozens of "ronin" type characters.

The Sekiro/Souls like game is definitely not what I imagined the Monkey King to be but it's an interesting and fresh take on the character.  I don't know however, if the graphics for the end product will be as good as the trailer.

I'm a big fan of Back 4 Blood.  Since the Alpha I have been watching all the good Nightmare mode (the only mode that's good) footage.  I think fans of niche survivor-action & online multiplayer shooters will really like the game and the game will have a loyal niche fanbase.

The campaign levels have very high replayability and no playthrough looks the same.  There is a lot of randomization going on and unexpected things that happen.  There is also good opportunities to leverage teamwork and communication.

The big flaw of the game however, are the poor Bots.  This makes it important to have human players however I am sure that the multiplayer system will generate enough randoms.   

Another flaw is the limited enemy variety, which makes the swarms feel kind of same-y.

The Aliens: Fireteam Elite game is an indie title and it looks boring to me due to its creative choices.  Oddly enough I think the Back 4 Blood concept works better for a potential Alien game- replace the Zombie swarm with charging Xenomorphs and you have frenetic gameplay.  

The only good Alien game was Alien Isolation.  This is a great complement to the original film. Also the Alien AI is one of the best ever.

There was also Aliens: Colonial Marines (a big failure) that was strongly derived from the film Aliens.  This failed as the team's funding was syphoned by the Borderlands series and their resources were only sufficient to make a indie quality, bog-standard shooter with very poor Alien AI.  

4 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

I don't know much about survival horror (except maybe The last of us part 1), but I like SF stuff (like Alien, Predator, etc.) What do you think of this game?

I was actually looking forward to this one but I’ve read that the game is total mess right now (bugs & performance issues) and needs multiple patches. 

9 hours ago, Matt! said:

I was actually looking forward to this one but I’ve read that the game is total mess right now (bugs & performance issues) and needs multiple patches. 

Oh really? That's sad. I enjoyed "Alien vs Predator" games a lot, back in the days.

I've seen footage of the last predator game and it didn't really seem great either. There's so much stuff they could do with this IP.

12 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

This is the game form of the "Monkey King", one of the big epic classics of China along with "Water Margin" and "Romance of the Three Kingdoms".  The game form of "Three Kingdoms" is the Dynasty warriors game series.  

b083fe9562de181bdb8e12.jpg

The Chinese Opera form of Monkey King is pretty cool, with a lot of acrobatics and martial arts

monkey-opera.jpgbhLsWaPKPKKJTsZbIwqC0KLKZ1pakjYeGzOg91Q_

I think some elements of Monkey King were probably in Sekiro, like the Journey to the West.  In Monkey King the journey is to gain Buddhist knowledge.

I like Monkey King and Water Margin.  IMHO Water Margin is the coolest of the three, as there are dozens of "ronin" type characters.

The Sekiro/Souls like game is definitely not what I imagined the Monkey King to be but it's an interesting and fresh take on the character.  I don't know however, if the graphics for the end product will be as good as the trailer.

This game is totally next gen. I think it's the beginning of AAA international Chinese games.

It looks like God of War and Sekiro, games that have been GOTYs recently.

The graphics are awesome. If they have a good storyline/characters and a challenging gameplay, this game will definitely be huge!

I was wondering if I should buy a PS5 now (the component shortage seems to be calmer now). The only reason I'd buy one are the exclusives (because if a game is on PC, I have a way more better machine than consoles).

I was excited by Demon's Souls and FF7 intergrade and I was wondering what are the other exclusives... it turns out I have to wait 2022 for Horizon forbidden West and GoW2, so... I'm not sure I'll buy it now.:ermm:

We don't know when FF7 part 2 will come out too. :ermm:

Does anyone have the PS5 here? If so, how is the controller?

ps5-big-new.jpg