Bellazon

European Models Tournament II

5 minutes ago, lostdiadem said:

@Prettyphile technically Stella is north-irish so she should be under the UK group since it’s part of the UK. 
Actually: “Stella Maynes Maxwell (born 15 May 1990) is a Belgian-born Northern Irish-New Zealand model.”

Actually citizenship laws are pretty specific. When a diplomat brings their family abroad and they have children they retain the citizenship of their parents. And as her father was a diplomat for Northern Ireland, the only part of Ireland that is still legally part of England she would be able to relate herself as British/Irish, even though she has lived outside of U.K for the vast majority of her life.

We ran into this issue years ago and actually did days worth of research on it (i'm not jk either... days). Stella is something called British/Irish but because of her dad, her country of origin is Ireland...

But she’s considering the place of birth or the nationality of their parents for this comp, if P wants to consider the place of birth, Stella goes in the Belgium team, if she chooses to follow her roots, she should be under the UK since Northern Ireland is part of the UK. Up to her :D I just wanted to specify for the comp, because I know there are people who are gonna come complain later on.

56 minutes ago, lostdiadem said:

But she’s considering the place of birth or the nationality of their parents, if P wants to consider the place of birth, Stella goes in the Belgium team, if she chooses to follow her roots, she should be under the UK since Northern Irland is part of the UK.

57 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

or i can add her for Belgium since she was born there

Under the Belfast Agreement he Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Government of Ireland recognise the birthright of all the people of Northern Ireland to identify themselves and be accepted as Irish or British, or both, as they may so choose, and accordingly confirm that their right to hold both British and Irish citizenship is accepted by both Governments and would not be affected by any future change in the status of Northern Ireland. Since her father who was a North Irish Diplomat and didn't consider himself to be Unionist Northern Irish identify, he was Irish. Then we have the The Constitution of the Irish Free State in which her father once again took on being Irish over Unionist. You are going to do what you are going to do, but for all semantic purposes she is Irish and if she claims to be Unionist, then she is British/Irish so at the very least she could be a part of either team. UK or Ireland..

As for Belgium

I can cheer for the Brazilian team but that doesn't mean I'm Brazilian, and to use that as a means of identifying yourself with somewhere is beyond silly. Leebo Freeman quite frequently identifies himself as British, but he was born and raised in Florida... so because he feels that he likes Britain more at some point means he's British? Stella can claim whatever she wants, but facts don't care about her feelings lol

Wow, I've missed 10 days of competition, it seems I got a lot of catchup to do  :ninja:

Can I add them:

- Estonia - Getriin Kivi and Ave Rohtla

- Norway - Unni Lund Olsen  (BTW @Prettyphile I created her thread 5 years ago and it got deleted, but then created again. Dunno why :idk:)

- Serbia - Jovana Prosenik

- Ukraine - Iuliia Nedosekina

4 minutes ago, Enrico_sw said:

Wow, I've missed 10 days of competition, it seems I got a lot of catchup to do  :ninja:

Can I add them:

- Estonia - Getriin Kivi and Ave Rohtla

- Norway - Unni Lund Olsen  (BTW @Prettyphile I created her thread 5 years ago and it got deleted, but then created again. Dunno why :idk:)

- Serbia - Jovana Prosenik

- Ukraine - Iuliia Nedosekina

It was deleted because Unni requested it be removed :rofl: 

21 hours ago, peroxideblonde said:

added

i'll keep nominations open for another day or 2

@Matt!@bump @Stormbringer do you want to add someone?

thanks for thinking of me! I'm just happy to play when it starts. a lot of models I like are American or I don't know what country they are from. Love the idea of this competition, thank you for taking the time to do this!