Bellazon

Ville Valo
Thumbnail

AnthonyDeOliveira

villlllevifa0.jpg

Ville Hermanni Valo (born November 22, 1976) is the vocalist, songwriter and frontman of the Finnish alternative rock band HIM. They have released five full length albums, and as of 2006, they are the first and only Finnish rock band to sell Gold in the United States.

Official site: http://www.heartagram.com

Official Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/heartagram

Early life

Valo was born at 8:28 a.m. to a Finnish father Kari and a Hungarian descent mother Anita in a small wooden-house suburb of Helsinki called Vallila. As a child, he was influenced by his music-loving parents, who exposed him to the songs of popular Finnish performers such as Tapio Rautavaara and Rauli Badding Somerjoki, while an older cousin introduced him to the heavier sounds of bands like KISS, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden. Valo's first musical step was as a three year old bongo drummer. At age nine, Valo attended the Pop and Jazz Conservatory in Helsinki, where he studied several different musical genres. Soon after his birth, his family moved to the riverside community of Oulunkylä, where his father eventually opened a sex shop. During his late teens Valo spent a period working in the shop before launching his career in music. His interests gradually expanded to include reggae, early blues and country-oriented material such as Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison and Neil Young. From a young age, Valo's enthusiasm for music also took a more active form of expression, and he participated in a large number of different Helsinki-based bands: B.L.O.O.D. (1986-89), Eloveena Boys (1987-88), Kemoterapia (1989-97) and numerous other, more obscure projects.

The Birth of HIM

In 1995, Valo enlisted old schoolmates Mikko ("Lilly Lazer" now "Linde") Lindstrom and Mikko ("Mige Amour") Heinrik -- augmented by drummer Juhana Rantala and keyboardist Antto Melasniemi -- to form HIM, a band that blended a goth-drag presentation with heavy metal, ambiguous mysticism and dark, fatalistic romanticism (a combination that would ultimately earn the media tag of "Love Metal"). He started out by playing bass for his band HIM, however he had to sing for their first demo as they couldn't find a vocalist. He then became full-time vocalist for them. He also plays drums and guitar on some of HIM's songs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

oh god SARAH u heard of HIM?

hahaha i got all there cd's and people in school said i look like a hawaiian ville haha. :cain:

and i had real long hair and i just cut it because ville cut it haha.

ville is really funny. Wille Walo haha

and this one time he teased 50cent's movie ville said

"get drunk, and try dying" haha

totally, and like bam is always dressing like vile and thats soooooo annoying. and people only listen to HIM because of bam, i mean come one, bam isnt that great, ville and HIM are WAY better than bam in my opinion, and yea i like his show to. god every HIM song, and i mean every single one are all good. from there first song "For you" to there last song "Venus in our blood" and "The cage".

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm seeing HIM in concert on this coming Monday. Definitally one of my favourite bands. Bam's quote is pretty true when he says 'All girls like HIM'... of course there are exceptions in a hiphop/rnb dominated country.

Ville was engaged to ex-Finnish model and TV host Jonna Nygren. They broke it off sometime in early 2007. Right now he is single but rumours say he is dating a German poet.

Ville also had a huge drinking problem claiming he hadn't been sober in two years. He ended up in Rehab in mid-2007 after the band finnished recording Venus Doom and he has been sober since. He still smokes like a chimney though.

• 2 weeks later...