Bellazon

I Am...

Guest Albaholic

I am extremely worried. My cousin, my high-school best friend, and my grandma's house are potentially fucked.. o.o  Be safe Aaron & Buffy

California prepares for catastrophe: Battle to stop a collapse at America's tallest dam as 200,000 residents flee amid fears of a 100ft-deep flood that could stretch for 40 miles

• Fears the Oroville Dam could collapse and unleash flooding which could leave towns 100 foot underwater 
  • Nearly 200,000 residents evacuated in Butte, Sutter and Yuba counties in Northern California amid fears
  • All 23,000 of the California National Guard have been put on standby to assist the situation and recovery
  • Federal and state officials rejected concerns that the dam would be under threat from rain 12-years ago 
  • Water levels reached 50-year high after rainfall and threatened citizens living near the massive Oroville Dam 
  • The extra water meant the dam's emergency spillway was called into action for the first time in half a century
  • A gaping chasm in the main spillway has disrupted the flow of the water, which prompted the flooding fears 

6 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

I am extremely worried. My cousin, my high-school best friend, and my grandma's house are potentially fucked.. o.o  Be safe Aaron & Buffy

California prepares for catastrophe: Battle to stop a collapse at America's tallest dam as 200,000 residents flee amid fears of a 100ft-deep flood that could stretch for 40 miles

• Fears the Oroville Dam could collapse and unleash flooding which could leave towns 100 foot underwater 
  • Nearly 200,000 residents evacuated in Butte, Sutter and Yuba counties in Northern California amid fears
  • All 23,000 of the California National Guard have been put on standby to assist the situation and recovery
  • Federal and state officials rejected concerns that the dam would be under threat from rain 12-years ago 
  • Water levels reached 50-year high after rainfall and threatened citizens living near the massive Oroville Dam 
  • The extra water meant the dam's emergency spillway was called into action for the first time in half a century
  • A gaping chasm in the main spillway has disrupted the flow of the water, which prompted the flooding fears 

Thankfully the dam itself looks to be in no danger...just a matter of shoring up both spill ways until a permanent fix can be made! More major rains coming this Thursday all the way into next thursday too :ninja:

52 minutes ago, Prettyphile said:

Disintegration BEST album

Lullaby is such a great kinda groovy tune :wub: This whole album is amazing I'm totally in love with it :chicken: Listened to the whole album yesterday and today. 

Though live youtube version of Disintegration > Studio version.