Bellazon

The Ultimate Battle - Blondes vs Brunettes

Stormbringer

It's been a while since the Legs competition, so hoping there's enthusiasm, let's go with another competition :chicken: :chicken: 

Currently I'm not having as much time as I did when I ran the previous one but I should be able to make it work.

More details to come later (or actually tomorrow) :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

For now, the format will be just like in the Best Legs competition, that is: Qualifiers, Regular Season and Playoffs. 

7 hours ago, almanaotemcor said:

YASSSSS this comp sounds very cool, i'm excited :chicken:

6 hours ago, Bettina Saw-Morgan said:

Yess, i'm in!

4 hours ago, missliss1988 said:

Love this idea! :D 

Awesome! Thanks for the enthusiasm! :chicken: :chicken: 

6 hours ago, Matt! said:

:Amelie_wft:

:Amelie_wft:

The Ultimate Battle - Blondes vs Brunettes

How is it going to work?

- The competition will be divided into 3 stages: Qualifiers, Regular Season and Playoffs.

- We will have separated qualifiers for each blondes and brunettes, so that we have an equal number of each advancing to the Regular Season. 

- Those who qualify will be divided into 2 groups (A and B). Each group will be half blondes, half brunettes.

- The Regular Season will consist of all-against-all pairings within each group, with a potential extra round of A vs B pairings.

- Each win will be awarded points. A tie will give point each. A defeat gives points.

- The top seeds from each group will advance to the Playoffs. BUT an equal number of blondes and brunettes will advance.

- Those who advance to the Playoffs will be divided into 2 "Conferences". The Blonde Conference and the Brunette Conference.

- The Playoffs will be direct elimination matches within each Conference till we obtain a Blonde Champion and a Brunette Champion. 

- These two will dispute the GREAT FINAL :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

- How many models per group in Regular Season and the number of Playoff seeds will depend on the number of nominations we get.

Concerning the nominations:

- I'll admit new faces, established models and legends all the same. Even if they're no longer active. Just consider them in their prime. If you want to nominate, say, Cindy Crawford, go ahead! Just look for pics of her in her prime so she can be competitive.

- Minimum age to be nominated is 18 years old as of now 19 of April.

- Only models for this. No singers or actresses or athletes, etc.

- So that no one "se arranque con los tarros" (you'll have to google this again :rofl: ), FOR NOW I'll accept up to 8 nominations per member. This also will serve the purpose that you have to think your noms better :chicken:

- This of course up to each of you but, if I may, I suggest that you nominate 4 blondes and 4 brunettes.

- Depending on how many people nominate, more spots could be open.

About the pictures:

- I'm thinking the usual thing would work for this? Templates made of 4 pictures for each model. O maybe 2? I'm open to suggestions here.

And if @lostdiadem and @peroxideblonde can/want to help with templates and stuff, they're more than welcome :chicken::chicken::chicken: 

BEFORE OPENING THE NOMINATIONS

There's something that needs to be settled, since there might be a couple of conflicting cases.

I mean those who, not being natural blondes, have been known as such through most of their careers. Examples like Candice Swanepoel and Heidi Klum. Surely there's more.

What should we do here? 

I think that will do for now.

Let me know if you have any questions before opening the nominations :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: 

8 hours ago, Stormbringer said:

There's something that needs to be settled, since there might be a couple of conflicting cases.

I mean those who, not being natural blondes, have been known as such through most of their careers. Examples like Candice Swanepoel and Heidi Klum. Surely there's more.

What should we do here?

This is the part that I was thinking about because I think most look better with their natural hair. On the other hand, it would be too much work to police who is natural or not. Even some of the most famous 'blonde bombshells' were not natural blondes (as an example). The easiest thing is to just classify them as whatever they had for the majority of their success. On the other hand, most likely exclude anyone who changes every other week. There are plenty of models who stayed one way or the other for long enough to make both sides competitive. 

Of course I’ll help you with the temps. Whoever wants my help with the pictures too, let me know.

@Stormbringer With the new layout, we can’t do the usual 500x600 temps. Pretty is doing 400x600, if you want 4 pictures, it’s a good solution. Or else you can do just two pictures, one face and one body, still smaller than 500. 

10 hours ago, selyoink said:

If they were best known for having blonde hair then they should be considered a blonde

1 hour ago, Joe > Average said:

This is the part that I was thinking about because I think most look better with their natural hair. On the other hand, it would be too much work to police who is natural or not. Even some of the most famous 'blonde bombshells' were not natural blondes (as an example). The easiest thing is to just classify them as whatever they had for the majority of their success. On the other hand, most likely exclude anyone who changes every other week. There are plenty of models who stayed one way or the other for long enough to make both sides competitive. 

I think this is a good solution :chicken: 

And in those cases where a model has had (more or less) equal success as both, it can be left to the criteria of who's nominating. There shouldn't be too many complicated cases in this category.

1 hour ago, lostdiadem said:

Of course I’ll help you with the temps. Whoever wants my help with the pictures too, let me know.

@Stormbringer With the new layout, we can’t do the usual 500x600 temps. Pretty is doing 400x600, if you want 4 pictures, it’s a good solution. Or else you can do just two pictures, one face and one body, still smaller than 500. 

Thank you! :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:

4 pictures sounds good to me :chicken: