Mike McCready, Four-armed monster

Stone Gossard, Four-armed monster

Tom Morello, Iron man of hip-hop guitar

Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, The extremist

Ed O'Brien, Dark Side of The Moon explorer

Jonny Greenwood, Dark Side of The Moon explorer

Matt Pike, Stoner metal ruler

Jack White, The crawling king snake

you can read the whole article here ---> http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstor...te_derek_trucks

For once, Pearl Jam's Mike McReady and Stone Gossard are in a top list. They haven't selected in the 2003(i think) rolling stone top 100 greatest guitarist list. We're Kurt Cobain was no.13, C'mon Cobain before McReady, Gossard, Johnny Greenwood, Ed O'brian, John Fushiante, that wasn't really serious. Good to also see, Jack White, Adam Jones, Tom Morello and Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, they aren't in Hendrix league, but a really good through.

i think McCready and Gossard were on the list in 2003

«In a review of Pearl Jam's 2006 self-titled album, Rolling Stone editor David Fricke mentioned that both Gossard and Pearl Jam lead guitarist Mike McCready were erroneously excluded from the publication's 2003 feature "The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time."[3]»

Is John Frusciante really a "new" guitar god? He's been with RHCP for awhile now.

And Chris Cheney of The Living End is definitely one of the best guitarists out there with his rockabilly-punk sound.

I don't know if they put John for is work with RHCP or due to the fact that he had release 5 album during 2004!

That Mayer guy seems to get lots of attention, I gotta check him out soon. Trucks and Haynes are definitely worth a listen, the former is a slide technique master.

Frusciante, Morello, Adam Jones and the Pearl Jam guys are good... but old and not necessarily "new".

Now, Omar Rodriguez is a great guitarist and songwriter. I'd also add Mike Einziger (Incubus). Plus, Herman Li of DragonForce - insanely skilled metal player.

• 2 weeks later...
That Mayer guy seems to get lots of attention, I gotta check him out soon.

He's talented I suppose, but it's highly generic. He doesn't really do anything with the blues that hasn't been 10x better a long time ago. Most of his stuff is pop anyway.

Frusciante, Morello, Adam Jones and the Pearl Jam guys are good... but old and not necessarily "new".

It's Rolling Stone. Did you expect anything but BS? :D

• 2 weeks later...