Bellazon

Model Dies of Malnutrition

ILOVETrentini

I fell terrible so many models have died, but I'm still 100% against the whole 'weight requirements' many countries are taking. You shouldn't change the industry because girls feel this ned to be sickly thin. I'm sorry, but if you don't have the genetics for the industry, don't push it. Models are meant (unfortunately) to be this elite untouchable group of perfect women. Not everybody can be that thin. Morals should be instilled in these girls, not change the industry to accomadate girls with a twisted mentality.

But R.I.P. My heart goes out to the family.

I fell terrible so many models have died, but I'm still 100% against the whole 'weight requirements' many countries are taking. You shouldn't change the industry because girls feel this ned to be sickly thin. I'm sorry, but if you don't have the genetics for the industry, don't push it. Models are meant (unfortunately) to be this elite untouchable group of perfect women. Not everybody can be that thin. Morals should be instilled in these girls, not change the industry to accomadate girls with a twisted mentality.

I see what you're saying, but don't you agree it is a 'dream job'? I mean, you adore Ana BB (that much is obvious) wouldn't you kill for being her for some time? To see and feel what it's like to look perfect, fly all over the world, do photoshoots for famous brands, wear the best and most expensive clothing and to end up on the covers of the most read magazines. And then you've got another big plus: the payroll of a succesful model. Ana is a rich girl now.

Yes you're right the only women participating in the industry should be naturally thin people, but it is in us humans to want to be something we are not. For some, starving to fit in a size zero and do a Gucci Fashion show is a dream come true.

And about the weight requirements, It's a flawed method. The only way to REALLy find out if a model sufferes from an ED is to analize their hair (which is like the diary of your body.) But that takes time...

I won't lie. I envy Ana at times. She is perfection and I would kill to be like her. But I can see that realistsicly, I can't. I completely agree with you though, it's terrible that girls do starve themselves to fit into a Guccie gown, and the fact that many girls today idolize models sets that standard, but I feel the need to educate the public.

Having wieght requirements takes away from actual talent in the modeling world. I saw a television special about 'stick skinny' models and you know who I saw? Nat Poly and Snejana as their poster children for anorexic models. I thought that was terrible. It's making it seem as if every thin model has an eating disorder. And that's just not true.

I don't condone eating disorders in the least, my cousin has anorexia, and it's terrible. But she has no inclination to be a model what-so-ever. What I'm getting at is that an industry is bein punished over a group of girls that are just not mentally stable.

Still, their fate was in their own hands and they knew very well that they could die from it. Even if it was a heartcondition they inherited, it had to be triggered by something. It could just as well be that their hearts reacted that strongly on their strict 'diets' while someone else would be able to go on somewhat longer. :/

If she was being pressured by her agents to lose weight then it probably wasn't in her own hands. Sure, she could have decided to eat properly but then what? If her agents wanted her to lose and she didn't then no more bookings. No more bookings means no more modelling, and maybe that was her dream career.

For those who have an ED or have hadone, could you answer this:

If your own sister dies from a heart attack which was most likely triggered by starvation, wouldn't that be a wake-up call for you? Wouldn't you think: "That could happen to me too if I don't watch out?" I mean, it's your life on the line. I think it's stupid she didn't take care of herself. I'm not saying recovery is easy, but she could've made the first steps in the right direction in those months after her older sister passed away.

There are two types of anorexia, I've noticed: pro-ana, where you choose to be anorexic and know about the consequences but choose to do it because you consider it to be a 'lifestyle'. Most pro-anas share tips and tricks and whatnot, posting 'thinspo' to their online journals or whatever and talking with other 'anas'. It's a fad that's becoming really popular on xanga, livejournal, greatestjournal, etc, and it's really dangerous because all these people are influencing each other to lose weight dramatically. Then there's the type where you're just so oblivious and naive that you don't think you're even doing anything wrong or harming your body. If she had the second type, then I doubt it would have even crossed her mind that she was going through the same thing that her sister was. If anything, I think the death of her sister probably would have made it worse. Whenever something bad happens to me I relapse and refuse to eat, so maybe this was the same for her? :idk: However, it's very hard to say how the situation went so I'm not trying to judge.

I agree with you completely. I think that it's bringing more attention to anorexia.