Bellazon

video editing programs

what programs do you guys use to edit videos?

right now im using snapstream beyond tv to get all the shows i missed but i would like to edit out the commercials to save space and eventually burn onto cd.

another question is that what kind of encoding programs are out there so i can lower the size of the file yet keep the same quality?

thanks!

Well, before my PC crashed, I was using ULead video studio 8. It's a very easy to use, and powerful video editor. There is not much of a learning curve, so that is good. It includes, the ability to reencode your edited video into many different formats, including DivX and XviD, providing you already have the codecs installed.

There is a qfree 30 day trial at ULeads website, after thirty days, you can try uninstalling it and reinstalling it, but that doesn't seem to work. For the 30 days it is fully functional though.

You can also use a program called AutoGK(Gordian Knot), this is simply a DivX and XviD encoding software, not an editor. Very simple to use though, as long as your files are in vob format. Very simple to use, all you have to do is select the files you want encoded, select the name of the output file, choose which codec you would prefer to encode with( this will be DivX by default), choose the size you want the video to be when it is finished, and click start job. You are also allowed to adjust the final screen size you would like the video to be.

There are a few other settings you can manipulate as well, but they are not necessary if you do not want to mess with them. There is also a regular Gordian Knot, which has many more features, but is a bit more difficult to use.

Here is a link to AutoGK

Also, you may like to check out this site Doom9, it has answers to just about any question you could ever have, and guides for all of the popular software.

• 5 months later...

This is probably a really stupid question, but I know nothing about the subject so I will ask anyway.

I am just getting into video editing and I have numerous videos located on my Windows Media Player. I currently have Unlead Video 7 and would like to get the videos from my Windows Media Library to Unlead Video 7. I have tried everything I can think of (which isn't much) but can't seem to do it.

Anybody know what I am supposed to do?