Bellazon

Chris Royer
Thumbnail

RocketQueen

Chris Royer is a 70s model. She worked for Halston and appeared in different VOGUE issues.

Born: 1949

USA

Ms. Chris Royer is President of CRC, a consulting firm specializing in strategic licensing and marketing, with 25 years of experience in the fashion and beauty industry. Her clients have included Betsey Johnson, Rene Fris and industry leaders such as Lily of France, M.A.C. Cosmetics, Conair and Remington Hair Dryers. Current clients include Lulu Guinness & Naeem Khan.

From 1986-1997, Ms. Royer held several VP positions within Revlon, including VP for Product Development for the Revlon Licensing Division. Ms. Royer is credited with creating the Revlon Licensing program. In addition, she was Design Director for Revlon's Halston Enterprises, where she managed the master licensees for Halston Enterprises in Japan and Mexico.

She has consulted on numerous projects for The Met/The Costume Institute, FIT Museum, E! Entertainment, A&E Biography, as well as books and documentaries on Halston. When Halston was acquired by Hilco, Ms. Royer, was asked to be the archivist for Halston, a role she happily accepted from 2007-2008. She is a member of FGI and is a graduate of Pratt Institute in NYC.

I started with Halston in 1972. I was a teenager, a student at Pratt, modeling for Mademoiselle and working for the Wilhelmina agency. They sent me to see Halston at his studio. The place was fabulous — all done in creams, with lots of sunlight pouring in, that chic kind of California thing — and I sat down with this man I thought was an assistant, fantastically good looking, and had this great conversation. I asked, “How old is Halston?” And he told me, “Old enough.” I asked, “Does Halston have a sense of humor?” He said yes. I told him I wanted to be a model but also wanted to be a little involved in designing and said, “Do you think you could tell that to Halston, since you and I get along.” At that point, an assistant walked in and said, “Halston, Mrs. Kennedy is here.” He saw my reaction and started laughing hysterically.

chris-royer-wearing-a-hair-style-by-dina-azzolini-francesco-scavullo.thumb.jpg.10b3265d57b1892ad7541db507da9398.jpg

fine art america

ny times

linkedin