Bellazon

Cristiano Ronaldo
Thumbnail

persuazn

i love cristiano Ronaldo he's my #1 football player and he's hot :p i dont see why ppl will hate him, he has talent and the looks what do you need more?

you don't under because you're a girl and you never will. go ask a real football fan and who plays football. takes way more than skills and looks to get respect on the pitch.

Sky sports news

David Beckham says Manchester United fans have helped turn Cristiano Ronaldo into one of the best players in the world.

The Portugal winger was condemned at the World Cup last summer after appearing to play a part in United team-mate Wayne Rooney's dismissal for England.

There was even speculation he would be forced to quit Old Trafford after the tournament.

But instead Ronaldo has gone on to become a cult figure at United, scoring 19 goals to keep them on track for the treble.

Beckham came in for similar flak after he was sent off against Argentina in the 1998 World Cup, but the following year helped United to complete the treble.

"Ronaldo has been one of the best players of the season in the Premiership," the former England captain told MUTV.

"What he has done is incredible, considering what he actually came into this season...the thing with Wayne and everything like that.

"But when you are a Man Utd player, when you're out there at Old Trafford and when the fans can see you want to play for the club, they will give you the support what you need.

"That's what has made him the player [he is today].

"The first time I saw him was when England played Portugal and I knew United had someone special.

"When he was given the number seven shirt, I thought he is going to going to be one of the best players in the world and I think he's close to that now."

Beckham believes United are well placed to emulate the class of 1999 and was also full of praise for Wayne Rooney.

"I know how it feels to win big trophies at United and I'd like the club and the young players in the team to experience that as well," added Beckham.

"You've got a player like Wayne Rooney who hasn't won the league yet and I think he deserves to win it. He's been exceptional since he's been at United, a revelation.

"I would love to see him win something this season. I can see United going all the way in every competition."